Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old January 17 2014, 06:56 AM   #31
Robbiesan
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What are the core and best episodes?

For some strange reason I can't get "shat from orbit" out of mind. It reminds me too much of National Lampoon's famous cover of Santa Claus taking a dump down the chimney.
Robbiesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2014, 07:15 AM   #32
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Good.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 05:43 PM   #33
milojthatch
Lieutenant

I think part of the thing about TATV is that the powers that be were trying to recon the fact that in the TNG era, Archer and his crew mattered. I also think the story became set in the holodeck to avoid fan grumblings about another Sci-Fi/Star Trek plot device: time travel. I personally don't feel there was anything wrong with trying to wrap up the original run of Star Trek with that episode. I do however feel that having two hours to work with would have given Berman and Braga time to explore the TNG view of Enterprise better.

I never saw it as an episode of Enterprise and kind of almost wished they had slapped the TNG intro on there and I appreciate what they were trying to do. They were trying to give us fans one more episode of TNG on their way out, and the only way it was going to happen was under the Enterprise banner. The fact is (nothing against DS9, Voyager or Enterprise) the pillars that holdup this whole franchise are TOS and TNG, and they were trying to show some respect to that fact with a bigger focus on TNG as that is the show most of the behind the scenes crew (not just Berman) started their Star Trek careers on.

I get why a lot of the fans and many of the Enterprise cast grumbled about the episode, sure. I think however, part of that is due to view point. If you view it for the way I think the intent was, that Demons and Terra Prime are the actual ending of the show Enterprise and TATV is the ending of the Prime Star Trek Universe, it's not so bad.

If it had been up to me, I wish they had been able to make a feature film instead that brought all five captains together, but keeping to what they had to work with, I'd have rather it been:

-A two hour episode
-Set on the Titan instead of the Enterprise-D (maybe even have spent some of the episode not on the holodeck and getting to see the Titan at work?)
-Not had the threat been an alien of the week, but rather a species with more Star Trek weight (i.e. Klingons or Nausicaans or something)
-Not kill Trip off (or if they really had to, make it be bigger like saving the entire Federation signing audience)
-Shown something from the Romulan war

Past that, I really don't have any complaints. I think it had a lot of potential that it was never allowed to achieve.
milojthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 07:44 PM   #34
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

milojthatch wrote: View Post
If it had been up to me, I wish they had been able to make a feature film instead that brought all five captains together, but keeping to what they had to work with, I'd have rather it been:

-A two hour episode
-Set on the Titan instead of the Enterprise-D (maybe even have spent some of the episode not on the holodeck and getting to see the Titan at work?)
-Not had the threat been an alien of the week, but rather a species with more Star Trek weight (i.e. Klingons or Nausicaans or something)
-Not kill Trip off (or if they really had to, make it be bigger like saving the entire Federation signing audience)
-Shown something from the Romulan war

Past that, I really don't have
More than anything, making the interaction between Riker and NX-01 crew both real and consequential would vastly improved the episode. Even a time travel episode that put Riker (and Troi) in the 22nd century would have been a major improvement.
Bad Thoughts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 01:37 AM   #35
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Galahir950 wrote: View Post
I am trying to create a list of the best and core episodes of Enterprise so I can try to lighten the load on my brother when I show him Enterprise. What episodes am I missing and what episodes do I not need?
It might be easier to list the "skippers". It's only 4 years.

For GODS sake do not show him the abortion that is called TATV. I've seen some chat about it here, I wont as there is a TATV thread for that.

But scratch it off your DVD's, erase it from Netflix... whatever you have to do.

The series more aptly ended with Terra Prime.

I'll list my Top Ten to help you out. (can't miss episodes in my book)

#1. Carbon Creek (S2)
#2. Observer Effect (S4)
#3. The Vulcan Arc (S4)
#4. Dead Stop (S2)
#5. First Flight (S2)
#6. Twilight (S3)
#7. Terra Prime / Demons (S4)
#8. Similitude (S3)
#9. The Seventh (S2)
#10. Azati Prime through Zero Hour (S3)

An Enterprise viewing wouldn't be complete without IAMD Part I&II also.

Of you want, I'll throw together a "skippers" list for you.