RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,684
Posts: 5,430,452
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 426
Newest member: Enabran


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old January 20 2014, 10:42 AM   #721
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

SJSharksfan39 wrote: View Post
I hope Payton Manning Tears Seattle Apart. Seattle desereved to win today (Despite the refs, who were ATROCIOUS) but the end seeing Sherman use the choking gesture and then that "interview" makes me hate that team even more. People complain so much about Harbaugh, Seattle isn't that much better. Go Payton and Go Denver.
Come on, that interview was fucking awesome.

Way better than just giving some lame credit to the other team and praising the coach or whatever.

I'm glad with the outcome, and I would be happy with either club winning the Super Bowl.
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 12:09 PM   #722
Davros
Fleet Admiral
 
Davros's Avatar
 
Location: Kaled bunker, Skaro
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Come on, that interview was fucking awesome.
I don't find poor sportsmanship all that awesome.

Way better than just giving some lame credit to the other team and praising the coach or whatever.
The other team damn near won the game, they deserve credit.
__________________
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society," -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Davros is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 12:15 PM   #723
Green Shirt
Commodore
 
Green Shirt's Avatar
 
Location: 21133
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Seattle didn't earn it today, but they were the better team this season overall so I can't really hold it against them. The officiating was awful though, and that always cheapens a win.
Just makes up for how they were hosed in the Super Bowl against the Steelers.
__________________
Its not easy being green.
Green Shirt is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 01:14 PM   #724
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Davros wrote: View Post
I don't find poor sportsmanship all that awesome.
Eh, bad losers are annoying, bad winners can be amusing.

The other team damn near won the game, they deserve credit.
They do, but so what? There are plenty of people to make a rational, objective analysis of the game; a fired up player, high on the adrenaline of having just made a crucial play literally moments earlier in the biggest game of his life, after being told to be mean and tough on the field for weeks/months/years, is not one of them.
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 01:22 PM   #725
Davros
Fleet Admiral
 
Davros's Avatar
 
Location: Kaled bunker, Skaro
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Davros wrote: View Post
I don't find poor sportsmanship all that awesome.
Eh, bad losers are annoying, bad winners can be amusing.

The other team damn near won the game, they deserve credit.
They do, but so what? There are plenty of people to make a rational, objective analysis of the game; a fired up player, high on the adrenaline of having just made a crucial play literally moments earlier in the biggest game of his life, after being told to be mean and tough on the field for weeks/months/years, is not one of them.
Strange then that so many fired up players were able to display far more class.
__________________
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society," -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Davros is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 02:46 PM   #726
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

And which interview will you still remember in a week?

It was good entertainment if nothing else.
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 02:47 PM   #727
Use of Time
Commodore
 
Use of Time's Avatar
 
Location: Va. Beach, VA
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
And which interview will you still remember in a week?

It was good entertainment if nothing else.
I will remember Harbaugh's. Because it was so fucking weird.
__________________
Searching for something, a million miles and a ways to go.
Use of Time is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 04:00 PM   #728
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Haven't seen it yet. What was weird?

I had to fix dinner after the game and the awarding of the trophy, so I didn't see.
Peach Wookiee is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 04:52 PM   #729
Use of Time
Commodore
 
Use of Time's Avatar
 
Location: Va. Beach, VA
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
Haven't seen it yet. What was weird?

I had to fix dinner after the game and the awarding of the trophy, so I didn't see.
He dropped a Hemingway quote. He just looked a little crazy. I love Harbaugh though. He will always have my respect for the Jim Schwartz post game handshake. That was great TV.

http://deadspin.com/jim-harbaugh-dro...-in-1504983460
__________________
Searching for something, a million miles and a ways to go.
Use of Time is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 07:14 PM   #730
tighr
Commodore
 
tighr's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

gblews wrote: View Post
As for the SB, Manning and the Bronco's offense is on a serious roll, but Seattle appears to me to be the exact kind of team to beat them -- great defense (DB's in particular) and running game. In the SB, defense usually wins.
Here's how I see the Super Bowl going down:

The Broncos will be primed to stop the run (like they did against NE) and force the QB to throw. Yesterday, Brady couldn't get it done through the air because the Broncos defense took away the short pass game, forcing Brady to air it out, and he wasn't able to make completions deep. And I don't think we'll get any disagreement here that Brady is a better QB than Russell Wilson, who has played downright pedestrian these past few weeks and in the regular season. I don't think Wilson can get it done against the Broncos defense, so it will go back to Lynch trying to make it happen on the ground.

As far as the Seattle Defense, Manning will flatly refuse to throw it Sherman's way the entire game unless the receiver has him beat. Sherman will likely have a lonely day. With 4+ targets on every play, Manning doesn't need to throw it to whichever receiver (probably DT) covered by Sherman.
__________________
~Tighr™: Not helping the situation since 1983
tighr is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 07:19 PM   #731
Borgminister
Moderator
 
Location: California
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Kap's self-bicep-kissing isn't bad form either, is it? Glad not to have to see that prima donna in the superbowl!

Anyone notice after the game how Kap dutifully wore the headphones he hawks on t.v.?

And why, oh why, didn't Harbaugh call timeout with 30 seconds left in the red zone to make sure Kap and co. were properly prepared?

This loss is on Kap and Harb, not the refs.
Borgminister is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 07:47 PM   #732
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Borgminister wrote: View Post
Kap's self-bicep-kissing isn't bad form either, is it? Glad not to have to see that prima donna in the superbowl!

Anyone notice after the game how Kap dutifully wore the headphones he hawks on t.v.?

And why, oh why, didn't Harbaugh call timeout with 30 seconds left in the red zone to make sure Kap and co. were properly prepared?

This loss is on Kap and Harb, not the refs.
I still say what happens on the field is significantly different than what happens in an interview on National TV.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is online now  
Old January 20 2014, 07:59 PM   #733
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Russell doesn't get the same numbers, but his approach is that you play and win or lose as a team. I hope that approach is what ultimately helps us with the Broncos.
Peach Wookiee is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 08:01 PM   #734
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

SJSharksfan39 wrote: View Post
Borgminister wrote: View Post
Kap's self-bicep-kissing isn't bad form either, is it? Glad not to have to see that prima donna in the superbowl!

Anyone notice after the game how Kap dutifully wore the headphones he hawks on t.v.?

And why, oh why, didn't Harbaugh call timeout with 30 seconds left in the red zone to make sure Kap and co. were properly prepared?

This loss is on Kap and Harb, not the refs.
I still say what happens on the field is significantly different than what happens in an interview on National TV.
On-camera is on-camera.
Timby is offline  
Old January 20 2014, 08:06 PM   #735
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Timby wrote: View Post
SJSharksfan39 wrote: View Post
Borgminister wrote: View Post
Kap's self-bicep-kissing isn't bad form either, is it? Glad not to have to see that prima donna in the superbowl!

Anyone notice after the game how Kap dutifully wore the headphones he hawks on t.v.?

And why, oh why, didn't Harbaugh call timeout with 30 seconds left in the red zone to make sure Kap and co. were properly prepared?

This loss is on Kap and Harb, not the refs.
I still say what happens on the field is significantly different than what happens in an interview on National TV.
On-camera is on-camera.
On Microphone is different than off microphone
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.