Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old November 14 2013, 03:22 AM   #76
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: So what do you do for fun?

i read mostly. books, comic books. i spend a lot of time outdoors. i do a lot of amateur photography too.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 11:22 AM   #77
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

I watch waaay to much TV and films. I go to the movies at least 3 times a month. I just love stories and storytelling. I have started seeing going to the gym as being for fun though, as I've started really to enjoy the workout.

I'd like to honestly say "writing" but I do that all to seldom. I need to get my shit together, since I do enjoy it.
Old January 20 2014, 08:48 AM   #78
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Have no TV since I moved, 1 1/2 years ago and it's amazing how much time I suddenly have =)
I sew (clothes and quilts), knit, tatt, embroider, repair old jewelry, paint a little, enjoy long walks and gardening and I restore old furniture. You'll never find me without a book though lately these tend to be audiobooks (my eyes aren't that good anymore).
When I feel inspired, I write. Mainly children's stories but I have also started on a Highlander fanfic. In clear nights I'm out on the terrace, stargazing with my telescope.
Oops, almost forgot: I've also been a TechAdmin for the last 12 years. Sometimes it's frustrating but most of the times it's fun since on "my" boards I have very very nice users (and not a single ad! )
Old January 20 2014, 07:19 PM   #79
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
Have no TV since I moved, 1 1/2 years ago and it's amazing how much time I suddenly have =)
I sew (clothes and quilts), knit, tatt, embroider, repair old jewelry, paint a little, enjoy long walks and gardening and I restore old furniture. You'll never find me without a book though lately these tend to be audiobooks (my eyes aren't that good anymore).
When I feel inspired, I write. Mainly children's stories but I have also started on a Highlander fanfic. In clear nights I'm out on the terrace, stargazing with my telescope.
Oops, almost forgot: I've also been a TechAdmin for the last 12 years. Sometimes it's frustrating but most of the times it's fun since on "my" boards I have very very nice users (and not a single ad! )
Just imagine how much time you'd have without internet message boards.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 11:11 AM   #80
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

naah not really It'd make about 15 mins per day. My boards don't require much maintenance and I'm not much of a poster unless it's a really fascinating topic. I'm usually just online during my lunch break and in the weekends I'm hardly ever online at all. Why do you think I'm still a Commie?
Old January 21 2014, 06:37 PM   #81
desfem79
Lieutenant Commander

I do yoga, studying Portuguese, do Latin dance, watch films, am a Gooner (lulz.. 2-0, 1-0, 100 million pounds, think about it), study copywriting, hang out in the cinema and/or mall, and read philosophy and politics books.
desfem79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 06:53 PM   #82
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

I should do dance at some point, it's something I not that comfortable with historically, so maybe that's the reason why I should. I know I have rhytm.
Old January 21 2014, 07:47 PM   #83
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

well, you could dance with the Swedish Chef, for a start
Old January 21 2014, 10:27 PM   #84
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Emher wrote: View Post
I watch waaay to much TV and films. I go to the movies at least 3 times a month. I just love stories and storytelling. I have started seeing going to the gym as being for fun though, as I've started really to enjoy the workout.

I'd like to honestly say "writing" but I do that all to seldom. I need to get my shit together, since I do enjoy it.
I, too, love experiencing stories in whatever medium they can be delivered to me.

If anything gives me a natural high, it's writing. When I do manage to sit down and focus on telling a story I will be in the best mood for days.
Toxteth O´Grady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 12:28 AM   #85
Emher
Admiral

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
well, you could dance with the Swedish Chef, for a start
Well did do a neat rendition of Popcorn, so he has rhythm as well

Toxteth O´Grady wrote: View Post
I, too, love experiencing stories in whatever medium they can be delivered to me.

If anything gives me a natural high, it's writing. When I do manage to sit down and focus on telling a story I will be in the best mood for days.
There really is few things better to me then a well told story. I know so much about the subject by now that when a story surprises me or is just really well told it always put a huge grin on my face.

And i used to have that high all the time. When I wrote loads of fanfic in high school (shut up) I would stay up way past my proper bedtime just to write. I was bursting with creativity! I got some of that the other day again, but mostly I was a bit annoyed since i wanted to get the intro to my current project done so i can go on to the rest of it.