RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,704
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 430
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old January 17 2014, 06:40 PM   #691
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Go Hawks. It's crazy here in a good way. I know some people think our fandom is annoying, but that's probably because we've only made it to the big show once. Please understand, San Francisco, we're excited here because this may be the year we actually make it. If the Hawks do it, it's still a fully Western Super Bowl if the Broncos bring down the Pats. Which I'd kind of like to see.
Old January 18 2014, 04:23 PM   #692
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Ugh...what am I supposed to do between now and 2:15 Central tomorrow?
Old January 18 2014, 07:26 PM   #693
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

I'd suggest buying treats or seeing a movie. I'm planning to do both.
Old January 19 2014, 03:47 PM   #694
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

I went with calling my mom (an avid football fan) since yesterday was her birthday and chatting it up for a while, and then playing with the puppy.

It seemed to work. Now today is my birthday, and I'll be on the receiving end of the call. Then play with the puppy some more and watch some football. That an a ride to Dairy Queen down the street to get some ice cream cake for myself, which will either serve as a celebration or a drowning of my sorrows.
Old January 19 2014, 10:11 PM   #695
Legate Dukat
Cadet

Anyone watching the AFC/NFC games today?

I'm going for the Broncos and Seahawks. Hoping Manning goes all the way.
Old January 19 2014, 10:27 PM   #696
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Legate Dukat wrote: View Post
Anyone watching the AFC/NFC games today?
Nope, you're the only one.

I'm going for the Broncos and Seahawks. Hoping Manning goes all the way.
Me too. Looking good for the Broncos right now, but it can switch quickly.
Old January 20 2014, 12:02 AM   #697
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Suck it Hoodie!
Old January 20 2014, 01:05 AM   #698
Yoda
Rear Admiral

There's some residual Broncos bitterness every time they cut to Elway's big ol' head. I probably dislike San Fran the most because well... Harbaugh. Still have a little bit of a grudge over the Fail Mary, so I guess we've now clinched a Super Bowl outcome that I won't be particularly happy about. Order of preference is probably Broncos, then Seahawks, Al Qaeda, and finally San Fran.

I do actually really like Kaepernick, though he seems to rub lots of fellow Packers fans the wrong way.
Old January 20 2014, 01:17 AM   #699
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Yoda wrote: View Post
There's some residual Broncos bitterness every time they cut to Elway's big ol' head. I probably dislike San Fran the most because well... Harbaugh. Still have a little bit of a grudge over the Fail Mary, so I guess we've now clinched a Super Bowl outcome that I won't be particularly happy about. Order of preference is probably Broncos, then Seahawks, Al Qaeda, and finally San Fran.

I do actually really like Kaepernick, though he seems to rub lots of fellow Packers fans the wrong way.
Yeah, I have something to dislike about all four teams in the championship games, but Denver's the least objectionable (Elway is still a fucking tool) just by virtue of Manning the Greater being on the roster. Rooting for the Patriots = "Hail Satan," Harbaugh is a chode and I swear to God Seattle's fans (the ones I know in-person, that is) make me want to go on a shooting rampage.
Old January 20 2014, 01:28 AM   #700
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

New England looked pretty inept for most of the game, which speaks to how good the Broncos really are.

Should be a hell of a Super bowl, no matter who wins the NFC.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old January 20 2014, 02:01 AM   #701
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

YAY BRONCOS!!!!
Old January 20 2014, 03:13 AM   #702
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Seattle already has the 12th man, do they really need the officials on their side too?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Old January 20 2014, 03:32 AM   #703
Use of Time
Commodore

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Seattle already has the 12th man, do they really need the officials on their side too?
Karma appears to have intervened on behalf of San Francisco. But Kaepernick doesn't believe in Karma so he threw it back to Seattle.
Old January 20 2014, 03:47 AM   #704
the 4th Hanson bro
I shot my eye out!

My parents have had Broncos season tickets since the '70s. This year, their account number came up in the Super Bowl ticket lottery. I will be using those tickets and going to MetLife Stadium in two weeks time.

Time to ride!
Old January 20 2014, 03:59 AM   #705
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

That "interview" with Sherman was great.

I am relieved I don't have to suffer through the 49ers in the Super Bowl. It would have been intolerable around here.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Closed Thread