RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,885
Posts: 5,329,773
Members: 24,557
Currently online: 491
Newest member: Mgroup Video

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 1 2013, 01:39 AM   #16
Kotowboy
Ensign
 
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

^ No.
Kotowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 01:46 AM   #17
austen_pierce
Commander
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

I could have sworn I saw the saucer itself fracture, laterally bisecting the void. Need to watch the crash again to verify. Stay tuned.
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2013, 12:52 AM   #18
Kotowboy
Ensign
 
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

The crash is my favourite part of the film. I just wish it was longer. Not smashing into buildings longer - but falling from the sky longer. I love scenes like that.
Kotowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2013, 09:38 PM   #19
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

The Vengeance is actually sleeker than folks give it credit for. It is quickly becoming my favorite ship. I was looking at the Hot Wheels V, then looking back at a small refit toy--and the refit suddenly looked weak---maybe this is what Star Wars folks see when they talk about ships on sticks.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 06:28 AM   #20
Kotowboy
Ensign
 
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
I could have sworn I saw the saucer itself fracture, laterally bisecting the void. Need to watch the crash again to verify. Stay tuned.
I can confirm that the saucer does split across the void having studied the crash scene and watching a lot of behind the scenes for that ...scene...


Go To YouTube and search for ILMVisualFX and there's one with the Vengeance crash as a thumbnail. some nice VFX shots !!
Kotowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 08:18 AM   #21
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

Kotowboy wrote: View Post
austen_pierce wrote: View Post
I could have sworn I saw the saucer itself fracture, laterally bisecting the void. Need to watch the crash again to verify. Stay tuned.
I can confirm that the saucer does split across the void having studied the crash scene and watching a lot of behind the scenes for that ...scene...


Go To YouTube and search for ILMVisualFX and there's one with the Vengeance crash as a thumbnail. some nice VFX shots !!
You mean this? Or maybe this.
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 06:48 PM   #22
Smellmet
Commander
 
Smellmet's Avatar
 
Location: Goole
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

publiusr wrote: View Post
The Vengeance is actually sleeker than folks give it credit for. It is quickly becoming my favorite ship. I was looking at the Hot Wheels V, then looking back at a small refit toy--and the refit suddenly looked weak---maybe this is what Star Wars folks see when they talk about ships on sticks.
Love the film, glad it was destroyed...
Smellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 03:09 AM   #23
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral
 
Flux Capacitor's Avatar
 
Location: 23.17.46.11
Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

This video makes it quite clear that it did break up.
__________________
"I'm a fan of good sci-fi. Star Trek. Battlestar. That Joss Whedon show." - Nathan Fillion, Castle
Flux Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 03:40 AM   #24
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Did the Vengeance break in two when she crashed?

@ Flux Capacitor - Awesome Avatar, Cumberbatch looks great with a Montalbhan Chest
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.