New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old January 18 2014, 08:08 PM   #316
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Axanar

mattman8907 wrote: View Post
will the vignette entitled "heroes" be shot at the same time as Axanar or will it be shot after axanar?

Forgive me Matt, I don't often check this board out anymore. Best place to get questions answered is Facebook. We will also have a new forum up soon.

But filming the vignettes is dependent on a few things, mostly actor availability. Right now, we may film them either at Phase II's June or Fall shoot.

As Axanar has moved along, so much has changed, and the level of the production has notched up bit by bit. That has meant delays in production (for all the right reasons) and just a lot of re-prioritizing.

The vignettes are still very important, so just stay tuned.

And thanks for your support.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 08:11 PM   #317
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

scifib5st wrote: View Post
Super interview on Trek FM Mater Stream done on Friday. Highly recomend this Pod cast Very informative and enlighting.

Thank you very much. That interview is here:

http://trek.fm/matter-stream/2014/1/11/matter-stream-21-the-reluctant-warrior.html

It was fun as it was the first Podcast I did with Richard Hatch, who is so very fired up.

Richard was also my first acting coach 20 years ago and I am back in class with him now. It really is wonderful working with him, as he is an AMAZING teacher.

Alec
Old January 21 2014, 07:25 AM   #318
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Loken wrote: View Post
scifib5st wrote: View Post
Super interview on Trek FM Mater Stream done on Friday. Highly recomend this Pod cast Very informative and enlighting.

Thank you very much. That interview is here:

http://trek.fm/matter-stream/2014/1/11/matter-stream-21-the-reluctant-warrior.html

It was fun as it was the first Podcast I did with Richard Hatch, who is so very fired up.

Richard was also my first acting coach 20 years ago and I am back in class with him now. It really is wonderful working with him, as he is an AMAZING teacher.

Alec

Thanks for sharing that link, Alec.

Some questions:

Is Rod Roddenberry now also associated with your fan film? Or was his intro just for TrekFM alone?

-So it was James Cawley's idea for you to play Garth of Izar in "Origins" ? You were offered the George Kirk role too?

-According to you, Garth is now fully recovered and back in service as of "Going Boldly." ? Does this mean we might see him on Phase II again? What is the context then of Garth's appearance in "Going Boldly" -- if Phase II is doing TOS Season 4, it seems awfully unlikely that Garth not only would have recovered but also be reinstated and given his own command in such a short time. How is Phase II addressing this?

There are a lot of big ideas discussed here; if your script matches the bravado here, Axanar will surely be quite the epic. I hope it will live up to the hype!

One thing I do like it your unfettered and unabashed enthusiasm - it comes through loud and clear here, and that's actually a good thing to see/hear.

Last edited by doubleohfive; January 21 2014 at 05:26 PM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2014, 06:09 PM   #319
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

http://sfescapepod.com/2014/01/episo...r-trek-axanar/

An hour long interview with me about Axanar on the Starfleet Escape Podcast.

I hope you all enjoy it!

Alec

Old February 10 2014, 11:50 PM   #320
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

I am proud to announce that Michael Hogan, Colonel Tighe from "Battlestar Galactica" has joined the cast of Axanar as the Enterprises first Captain, Robert April.

More on the Axanar website.

Alec
Old February 12 2014, 12:58 AM   #321
MarsWeeps
Commander

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
-According to you, Garth is now fully recovered and back in service as of "Going Boldly."
Which makes no sense to me. He was a killer and a nutcase as well as a shapeshifter. In my opinion, even if he is "recovered" he should still be in some type of nursing home. What if he has a relapse while on duty?

While it was nice to see him, it just stretches the imagination to think he would be re-instated to StarFleet.
MarsWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2014, 02:18 AM   #322
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

MarsWeeps wrote: View Post
-According to you, Garth is now fully recovered and back in service as of "Going Boldly."
Which makes no sense to me. He was a killer and a nutcase as well as a shapeshifter. In my opinion, even if he is "recovered" he should still be in some type of nursing home. What if he has a relapse while on duty?

While it was nice to see him, it just stretches the imagination to think he would be re-instated to StarFleet.
It absolutely breaks any line of credibility that Starfleet --let alone Kirk-- would be ok with this after everything Garth allegedly and definitely did prior to and during "Whom Gods Destroy."

For crying out loud, the guy committed genocide. I just don't see any way to rationalize putting the guy back in command of a starship after something like that.
Old February 15 2014, 06:44 PM   #323
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

For crying out loud, the guy committed genocide. I just don't see any way to rationalize putting the guy back in command of a starship after something like that.
Wrong. Garth didn't commit Genocide, he attempted it but was stopped by his crew. (Watch Whom Gods Destroy starting at minute 18.)

He hasn't been put back in command of a starship, he was simply in Starfleet in "Going Boldly". Note the insignia he is wearing.

As to if he would be back in Starfleet after WGD:

1) He was in a terrible accident.

2) He was driven to madness because of the cellular metamorphosis that he was taught by the Antosians.

3) Even in 21st century America, "not guilty due to mental incapacity" is a mainstream legal principle.

4) It is clear that the inmates of the Elba II colony were the "last few criminally insane" in the Federation. Obviously, the medicine cured them as we start to see at the end of the episode. Mental illness has obviously not only been cured, but does not have the stigma it has in our day and age.

So not being at fault for his mental illness, and not being legally liable for his actions, and being fully cured, and (in our take) having no memory of anything that happened after the accident, Starfleet returning one of their most important captains to service is not unlikely in an enlightened universe that Roddenberry created.

Last edited by Loken; February 15 2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old February 15 2014, 06:58 PM   #324
Borgminister

Hey, if Picard came back post-assimiliation....
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2014, 07:55 PM   #325
MarsWeeps
Commander

You've been here long enough that you should know how to quote properly. I never made that statement.
MarsWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2014, 09:23 PM   #326
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

You've been here long enough that you should know how to quote properly. I never made that statement.

Sorry, accidentally left the wrong tag in. Doubleohfive made the statement. Corrected.
Old February 15 2014, 09:24 PM   #327
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Borgminister wrote: View Post
Hey, if Picard came back post-assimiliation....

WELL SAID. Yes, Picard was assimilated, lead a Borg Cube that devastated Starfleet and killed hundreds of thousands, and he is given back the Enterprise immediately.
Old February 15 2014, 10:04 PM   #328
andriech
Commander

Send a message via AIM to andriech

So not being at fault for his mental illness, and not being legally liable for his actions, and being fully cured, and (in our take) having no memory of anything that happened after the accident, Starfleet returning one of their most important captains to service is not unlikely in an enlightened universe that Roddenberry created.
Sorry, but you are also saying that the very nature of Human beings have changed as well. A "truly sane" individual that knows they took such actions would be traumatized by it - and moreso by the amnesia of such events. Because their guilt would make them imagine worse than people know about.

I've treated people who have amnesia, and even when there is no horrible event in their past they are traumatized and are sure they are guilty of something no one else knows about. If Garth is a decent Human being he would be seriously screwed up after being cured - forever. If that is not reflected in his story after the TOS episode, it's just silly.
Old February 16 2014, 05:28 AM   #329
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Your absolutism is impressive doctor. I choose to think otherwise.
Old February 16 2014, 05:44 AM   #330
RCAM
Lieutenant

I tend to agree it's highly unlikely Garth would ever find himself on the bridge of a ship again, but since Axanar is a prequel to TOS, that's not too much of an issue here. The project itself seems interesting. Look forward to seeing it.
RCAM is offline   Reply With Quote