RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,408
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 552
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 21 2013, 09:36 PM   #2176
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: Minecraft

Spent a good while exploring there, got a lot of the new flowers and found some of the new Acacia wood, thought it was a petrified forest at first, it looks dead.

And not only found the horses, but two different types, and gold horse armour, not idea what to do with those but still.
Old January 15 2014, 08:31 AM   #2177
Zoani
Ensign

Are you guys still here?
I'm not a trekkie but I joined just to post on this thread. I have read all 145 pages, and it is genuinely amazing to see an actual friendly minecraft community. I play but I have never found a server with people as nice as you all seem to be- Even Kestra (was it kestra?) the "griefer at heart" :P
This has changed my life in a way. I no longer doubt all of humankind, just most.
Zoani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2014, 02:41 PM   #2178
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

I've had a few visits to the server, still trying to remember to use 1.6.2 instead of 1.7.whatever. It's a great place, and after a bit of a shaky start I think I'm going to enjoy it there. My handle is "ZR_aka". Thanks for having me there.
Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2014, 05:26 PM   #2179
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

The more the merrier! Glad you are enjoying yourself.

I plan to work on the 1.7 upgrade soon. Maybe this weekend. It's just going to be a lengthy, arduous process.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2014, 09:16 PM   #2180
Zoani
Ensign

Can I join the server?
Old January 15 2014, 10:26 PM   #2181
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

That reminds me, I need to get working on the hub again.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2014, 07:06 AM   #2182
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Zoani wrote: View Post
Are you guys still here?
I'm not a trekkie but I joined just to post on this thread. I have read all 145 pages, and it is genuinely amazing to see an actual friendly minecraft community. I play but I have never found a server with people as nice as you all seem to be- Even Kestra (was it kestra?) the "griefer at heart" :P
This has changed my life in a way. I no longer doubt all of humankind, just most.
Haha did I say that? I'm actually super friendly, just a bit mischievous. The server has been quiet lately and was mostly my boyfriend and I playing until ZR just showed up.

TrekBBS in general is pretty great, so you should consider sticking around. Most of us came here because of Trek but discuss other things in other forums now. How did you come across TrekBBS?
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2014, 03:47 PM   #2183
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

I'm on 1.7.4, would that work with the server?
Old January 16 2014, 04:39 PM   #2184
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

No, but if you have the current launcher, you can set up a profile to use 1.6.2 (our current version.)
My blog
Old January 16 2014, 09:05 PM   #2185
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, in general, the newest launcher has made it much easier to play on older versions.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2014, 09:20 PM   #2186
Saturn0660
Rear Admiral

View Saturn0660's Twitter Profile

Ya, i've just been so busy with everything else in life MC just seems to drop lower and lower on my list sadly.

But funny you would talk about griefing. I have a few downloads of the server so I could just have fun and wreak everything in single player.
Old January 16 2014, 09:46 PM   #2187
Zoani
Ensign

Kestra wrote: View Post
Zoani wrote: View Post
Are you guys still here?
Haha did I say that? I'm actually super friendly, just a bit mischievous. The server has been quiet lately and was mostly my boyfriend and I playing until ZR just showed up.

TrekBBS in general is pretty great, so you should consider sticking around. Most of us came here because of Trek but discuss other things in other forums now. How did you come across TrekBBS?
I didn't come across TrekBBS- I came across this thread. Someone linked it on (I think) PMC for some reason, and I just read it all. Took me about a week.
I was not intending to say you weren't a nice person, it was meant to be a kind of joke. I guess it didn't work. You did say that though!

Last edited by Zoani; January 17 2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old January 16 2014, 11:36 PM   #2188
Zoani
Ensign

A town I'm working on- As you can see, the roads are not done, and the buildings are not built above 1 block.
Old January 17 2014, 03:16 AM   #2189
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

Nice work, Zoani! If you'd like to join our server, please PM me your Minecraft username.

Also, promise not to grief.
My blog
Old January 17 2014, 05:25 AM   #2190
Zoani
Ensign

Unfortunately, I haven't found the PM function of this forum yet :P Looked all around the profiles and everything.
It's SkyGecko, no secret anyway.

But wait- YOU'RE the guy who does SagaSim? :0 This is an amazing revelation! I've bee n reading that too :P