RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,403
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 641
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 16 2009, 08:16 PM   #16
uniderth
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Earth-Romulan War 2D Artwork

Thatnks for the compliments. No they aren't based off aircraft carrier colors.

This is basically what I'm going with. The details still need to be pinned down though.

Command: Commanding officers, communications
Security: Security and weapons
Engineering: Enginerring and Maintenance
Executive: C-in-c and other executive staff
Operations: Navigation, helm
Training: Training
Logistics: Cargo and supplies

Medical and sciences are civilian divisions but their colors are white and blue respectively
Old March 16 2009, 08:23 PM   #17
JuanBolio
Admiral

I like the overall concepts, especially the insignia and overall uniform design. However, I'm not wild about the "T" stripes on the uniform midsections... they seem kind of distracting to me.

Great job, though. I love Romulan War stuff.

This has been an official JuanBolio post. You are now stronger, smarter, and a better human being for having read it. Congratulations.
JuanBolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2014, 02:10 AM   #18
uniderth
Lieutenant Commander

I've started reworking my uniforms.

Old January 12 2014, 04:00 AM   #19
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Coolies
Old January 12 2014, 06:23 AM   #20
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Is there a particular point to the T shaped lines on the jackets?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2014, 04:26 AM   #21
uniderth
Lieutenant Commander

The T-bar design was a progression from a design revision of the Enterprise uniform.

Now keep in mind these images are just to illustrate the design progression, they aren't intended to represent "in universe" uniform designs.

The T-bar was based on the Enterprise uniform:

I thought the design could use a bit more color so I added these torso bars.

I ended up removing the shoulder bars because we've has so many years of shoulder patterns with TNG era Trek, and I wanted something different. With the lack of shoulder bars I thickened the torso lines.

It just seemed natural to bring the two sides together in the middle. With this revision the "I-bar" was born.

This next revision came along just to bring variety I suppose.

I can't recall what form the uniform was in before this next revision. It could have been a jumpsuit or something else. However, I really like the Movie Era designs, so I created a variety of based off the "Monster Maroons." With the jacket the lower bar got in the way. It seemed useless to have a skinny little bar along the bottom of the jacket. Thus the lower bar was removed and the design became the "T-bar." I also decided to outline the bar in black rather then have a colored bar on the jacket.

So that's the story. Now that I've been thinking I'm going to do another revision. I want it to look a bit more futuristic. I think I'm going to take some design ques from the movie "Oblivion." I really like that design.
Old January 26 2014, 08:42 AM   #22
lennier1
Commodore

The artwork is great, but the "T-Bar" on those "terrans" kinda reminds me of something.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote