IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Closed Thread

Old January 9 2014, 01:37 PM   #931
Andrew_Kearley
Captain

Re: New Book about TOS: These Are The Voyages

I'm really looking forward to the next two volumes. This was the best book about the making of Star Trek I've ever read.

Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures
Old January 9 2014, 02:36 PM   #932
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Man, this has turned from a hot mess into a goddamned dumpster fire.

I'm not going to bother with infractions (T'Bonz can reopen and issue if she feels like it).

For now I'm closing this thread and admonishing those involved in the argument not to bring this to other threads or forums.

Thanks.

"Hailing Frequencies Closed"
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old January 10 2014, 08:41 AM   #933
T'Devilish
T'Bonz - Romulan Curmudgeon

You know guys, it really, really, really pisses me off when I tell people to stop and they ignore. And since I run the place, that's a really bad thing.

I went through the posts since my last post and handed out two warnings; one for being personal, and one for trolling. Both were clear-cut. There were others that were borderline and I let those slide.

Bear in mind that the next time I tell you to stop (or Digits does) you had BETTER FUCKING STOP! I'm angry that in spite of whatever philosophical differences you had over the book or whatever issues you had with what ever, you couldn't act like civilized people but had to act like all too many keyboard warriors being shitty and nasty. This thread has been a clusterfuck. Hope you enjoyed it, because going forward, that's NOT going to happen. We will stop it earlier. We had both hoped that you guys would just get over it, but like so many online things, if you don't come down hard, well people seem to escalate. My mistake.

That's what I get for having not brought the bitch-hammer down in my last post. I didn't want to be nasty. I should have gone with my initial impulse when I last posted.

You're on notice. From here on out, if you guys start this crap in ANY thread, Digits and I WILL warn. This will NOT happen again. And there are no appeals if I warn.

This used to be the most civilized forum on the BBS and part of why I loved it so - and it will stay civilized, even if I have to start warning more often. I hate to do it, but I hate reading threads like this more than I hate warning people.

Thanks to those who DID stay civil. It was noticed.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
Closed Thread