Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old December 23 2013, 06:48 PM   #646
Pilot Ace
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

mtblillie wrote: View Post
I just got billed for both as well, but I was able to put my Christmas bonus toward it to pay the full load right before the Holiday.

I know I've already answered but I think what would make me most happy is getting all the ships that were used as other support starfleet ships but not really seen all that often (ships from FC were seen a lot during the domininion war, but ships from TNG were almost never actually seen and TOS there were sketches and even some models but not seen), I'm speeking of coarse of ships like the New Orleans, the Freedom, the Daedelus, the Saladin, the Curry, the Cheyenne, the Intrepid, the Steamrunner, the Sabre etc.
I forgot about the New Orleans class! Definitely would like a model of that one.
Pilot Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 03:25 AM   #647
Sans
Lieutenant

Still waiting for them to take my money

I can't wait for them all. Really looking for the Steamrunner and the Sabre.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 05:25 AM   #648
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

I just got billed today for issues 7 and 8 and DS9.

*Ducks from the flaming arrows soon to be shot his way from all those still waiting on 5 and 6*

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2013, 03:01 AM   #649
Sans
Lieutenant

*Glares at the Frontier*
Old December 26 2013, 01:08 AM   #650
Caesar753
Commander

Just got charged for 7/8 and DS9. Can't wait to get them!
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2013, 02:30 AM   #651
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

i am going off line soon please some one tell me how to stop this.
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2013, 04:03 AM   #652
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Stop what?
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2013, 02:26 PM   #653
Sans
Lieutenant

Wow. Ok. So, after sending an email last Friday, I got an a response back saying that again they didn't have my billing info on file. Called yesterday and talked with a really helpful young lady. This time she made sure that my info was saved into the system. I should now be getting issues 5 thru 8 and DS9 in two weeks.
Old December 31 2013, 02:55 PM   #654
PicardSpeedo
Lieutenant Commander

Sans wrote: View Post
Wow. Ok. So, after sending an email last Friday, I got an a response back saying that again they didn't have my billing info on file. Called yesterday and talked with a really helpful young lady. This time she made sure that my info was saved into the system. I should now be getting issues 5 thru 8 and DS9 in two weeks.
I tried to subscribe to this, only to have their billing system tell me my address is nonexistent. Received a support e-mail from someone named Rajish Rupaldi who asked for my full (unredacted) credit card number and my SSN so he could 'urgently process manual transaction.' I told him just to forget about it. There's definitely some shenanigans happening in their billing department which my financial info doesn't need to be a part of.
PicardSpeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2014, 03:57 AM   #655
Sans
Lieutenant

I tried to subscribe to this, only to have their billing system tell me my address is nonexistent. Received a support e-mail from someone named Rajish Rupaldi who asked for my full (unredacted) credit card number and my SSN so he could 'urgently process manual transaction.' I told him just to forget about it. There's definitely some shenanigans happening in their billing department which my financial info doesn't need to be a part of.
That does not seem kosher. Have you tried calling them?
Old January 2 2014, 12:19 AM   #656
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Has someone cloned Eagle Moss's website and is using it to dupe people perhaps?
Old January 2 2014, 04:15 PM   #657
Richard Baker
Commander

PicardSpeedo wrote: View Post

I have NEVER heard of a SSN being asked for to complete a purchase of a product before- definitely something is going on.
Richard Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2014, 05:16 PM   #658
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Richard Baker wrote: View Post
PicardSpeedo wrote: View Post

I have NEVER heard of a SSN being asked for to complete a purchase of a product before- definitely something is going on.
"Rajish Rupaldi" doesn't sound very British to me.

Email: startrek-ships@eaglemoss-service.com

I've conversed with them at this email address and it's legit.
Old January 2 2014, 07:16 PM   #659
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Sounds Indian. Indians make up a rather large portion of the demographic in the UK. I suppose it's a hold-over from England's colonial period over a century ago. So much so that curry is threatening fish & chips as the national food of the UK. I remember, when visiting there 10 years ago, you couldn't swing a dead cat without finding some kind of chicken curry sandwich at a local deli or convenience store. I suppose it's a lot like chicken salad sandwiches here in the states, but I personally prefer curry and wish it was more prevalent over here.

So, long and short of it, if it's an Indian sounding name at a UK company, that is certainly not an indication of skullduggery. Asking for a SSN, however, is not a good thing. I recently had to change my credit card info with them because of the Target hack fiasco and, while it took a while for me to reach someone, they were very courteous once I did talk to someone, and they absolutely never asked for an SSN - not once. I personally would not have given that information out under any circumstances.
Old January 2 2014, 07:43 PM   #660
Yanks
Fleet Captain

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
So, long and short of it, if it's an Indian sounding name at a UK company, that is certainly not an indication of skullduggery. Asking for a SSN, however, is not a good thing. I recently had to change my credit card info with them because of the Target hack fiasco and, while it took a while for me to reach someone, they were very courteous once I did talk to someone, and they absolutely never asked for an SSN - not once. I personally would not have given that information out under any circumstances.
"skullduggery" I should have used a "sarcastic" emote.

With ya on the SSN thing. That's a big red flag there.