Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 31 2013, 11:10 PM   #376
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

We got us a cast photo at last!

Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2013, 11:36 PM   #377
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

This is just too crazy-weird to not succeed.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2013, 11:40 PM   #378
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

The raccoon is going to steal the show.
Old January 1 2014, 01:24 AM   #379
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

This will either kick ass or suck ass. I hope it's the former.
Old January 1 2014, 01:40 AM   #380
Skywalker
Admiral

I hope it's the former, too. But I'm an optimist...

I found an official synopsis on another site:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Might this orb be yet another Infinity Gem (or stone, as they were referred to in Thor: The Dark World)?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2014, 01:50 AM   #381
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Seconded re: the Raccoon.

Wondering if any writing systems generated for the movie will be released as font downloads for interested fans.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2014, 02:11 AM   #382
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Well, I'm digging the cast photo. I really hope this is awesome and finds an audience. This is easily the toughest sell of all the Marvel movies so far.
Old January 1 2014, 03:03 AM   #383
JD
Admiral

I don't know the comics, but so far everything I've seen for this has looked great, and the concept sounds like a lot of fun.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2014, 03:06 AM   #384
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

GotG animated?
Old January 4 2014, 03:54 AM   #385
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Sounds like a good idea. My original familiarity with the Marvel universe came from the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons (with a handful of Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, and Iron Man episodes I saw). Thor was completely unfamiliar until the movies and I hadn't even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy until it was announced. Hopefully, it'll be a good series that does justice to that comic series and can bring in a new audience. I love Spider-Man, but "yet another Spider-Man cartoon" is apt.

Of course, it's slightly different in that the comic seems to be a spinoff of the movie. I wonder if it's part of the MCU or not.
Old January 4 2014, 05:04 AM   #386
theenglish
Rear Admiral

I actually read the entire space storyline and reintroduction of the Guardians a few years back. I am looking forward to this move about as much as I've looked forward to anything. Bradley Cooper as Rocket is a great choice!

As long as this movie is done with the same fidelity as has been given to Cap, Thor, and Iron Man then this movie will be the highlight of the summer!
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 03:40 AM   #387
JD
Admiral

I can see where a GotG animated series could be a lot of fun. The only thing I find disappointing is that it will probably be on Disney XD.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 03:51 AM   #388
DWF
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I hope it's the former, too. But I'm an optimist...

I found an official synopsis on another site:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Might this orb be yet another Infinity Gem (or stone, as they were referred to in Thor: The Dark World)?
Thanks, this is just enough infomation to make things interesting, I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie now.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2014, 07:17 AM   #389
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

The cast photo is pretty cool. I'm really hoping its good, and makes money. I love the Marvel superhero movies, but its always nice to have something different, and this could be really good.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 03:43 AM   #390
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Here are some images of some new tie-in products by Zak! Designs (a tumbler and water bottle). This is the art used on the products:

Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote