RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,599
Posts: 5,404,672
Members: 24,870
Currently online: 493
Newest member: The Hooded Man

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Gold Key Archives Vol. 2 Comic
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Cumberbatch In War Of Roses Miniseries
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Trek 3 Filming Location Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 3 2013, 10:30 PM   #106
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral
 
Asbo Zaprudder's Avatar
 
Location: Sand in the Vaseline
Re: Kerbal Space Program

Does it still have the infamous wobbly rockets?
__________________
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." -- Spock -- Flip flap!
Asbo Zaprudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 12:34 AM   #107
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Kerbal Space Program

Between tweaks to the core game and the new joint reinforcement addon, wobbly rockets are pretty much a thing of the past. I use maybe one tenth of the struts that I used to.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2013, 12:25 AM   #108
Saturn0660
Rear Admiral
 
Saturn0660's Avatar
 
Location: NE Ohio
View Saturn0660's Twitter Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program

So i downloaded the newest ver. and started a new game using the career mode. interesting to say the least. I did download Mechjeb.. Whatever was the newest and it's odd it's not like it used to be where you just pick how high you want your orbit to be and let it do it's thing. In face there nothing at all like that one there.
__________________
How many lights do YOU see?
Saturn0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2013, 04:28 AM   #109
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Kerbal Space Program

Saturn0660 wrote: View Post
So i downloaded the newest ver. and started a new game using the career mode. interesting to say the least. I did download Mechjeb.. Whatever was the newest and it's odd it's not like it used to be where you just pick how high you want your orbit to be and let it do it's thing. In face there nothing at all like that one there.
Yeah, there is. I am guessing you're playing career mode? In that case mechjeb functionality increases as you go down the tech tree.

Try sandbox mode to see everything it can do.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2013, 02:05 PM   #110
Saturn0660
Rear Admiral
 
Saturn0660's Avatar
 
Location: NE Ohio
View Saturn0660's Twitter Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program

sojourner wrote: View Post
Saturn0660 wrote: View Post
So i downloaded the newest ver. and started a new game using the career mode. interesting to say the least. I did download Mechjeb.. Whatever was the newest and it's odd it's not like it used to be where you just pick how high you want your orbit to be and let it do it's thing. In face there nothing at all like that one there.
Yeah, there is. I am guessing you're playing career mode? In that case mechjeb functionality increases as you go down the tech tree.

Try sandbox mode to see everything it can do.
Yup I did. And it does fully work in SB mode. I just thought it would be fun to play in career mode.
__________________
How many lights do YOU see?
Saturn0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2013, 06:26 PM   #111
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Kerbal Space Program

Saturn0660 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Saturn0660 wrote: View Post
So i downloaded the newest ver. and started a new game using the career mode. interesting to say the least. I did download Mechjeb.. Whatever was the newest and it's odd it's not like it used to be where you just pick how high you want your orbit to be and let it do it's thing. In face there nothing at all like that one there.
Yeah, there is. I am guessing you're playing career mode? In that case mechjeb functionality increases as you go down the tech tree.

Try sandbox mode to see everything it can do.
Yup I did. And it does fully work in SB mode. I just thought it would be fun to play in career mode.
You can edit the part.cfg file for the ar202 case to make all the functionality available right off the bat in career mode.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2013, 02:18 AM   #112
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral
 
Owain Taggart's Avatar
 
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Re: Kerbal Space Program

So, here's a good article about the latest update and what's in store for the future:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/kerb...ds-on-preview/
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2013, 03:21 AM   #113
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Kerbal Space Program

I've seen a marked performance improvement in .23. Bigger rockets with less game lag.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.