Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 18 2013, 06:54 AM   #241
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

Those two people from last season who were trying to put an end to magic got killed off rather suddenly. Then the story switched gears quickly and in a way that makes me think that having them work for Pan wasn't the show runners' original intention, assuming they had one. Looked like they had to get them out of the way so that they could move forward with this Peter Pan stuff.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2013, 07:00 AM   #242
sojourner
Admiral

Yeah, they definitely reeked of aborted storyline.
Old December 19 2013, 01:35 AM   #243
Snaploud
Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Why do people keep thinking the characters lost their memory? It's pretty evident from the teaser for the second half of the season that they didn't.
Well not all of us like to watch the teasers for the following episode. When Regina talks about Storybrooke being erased and everyone going back as if "none of it ever happened," it's only natural to assume she was referring to the fairytale characters as well.

Do you like to watch the END of the episodes you're currently watching? Because Hook showed up at the end, and clearly hadn't forgotten everything. Even tried the 'true love's kiss' bit on Emma, just in case. Although, was disappointed in the result He knew what was going on, only Emma and Henry have forgotten. They were going to lose THEIR memories either way, so Regina gave them fake ones so that they'd have something and not just be strangers to each other. Actually, without Storybrook memories, Henry would likely just be a vegetable or blank slate, as he'd have NO other memories at all, since birth...
It's been an entire year. Something could have happened to give Hook and/or the others their memories back. My guess is that they all lost their storybrooke memories and that we'll get a few episodes (possibly in flashbacks) in which we see one character with returned memories fighting to get everybody else's memories back.

One interesting possibility: are Pan and Rumple really dead if Storybrooke never existed? Will we see Rumple returned to his green pre-redeemed form with no memory of having given up his life for a good cause? Reality was altered, after all. It's just a question of how far the writers want to take it.

Last edited by Snaploud; December 19 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 03:47 AM   #244
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, they definitely reeked of aborted storyline.
Right, not so much that Pan came out of nowhere (he was pretty well set up) but they didn't seem to know what to do with Greg and Tamara (in fact, despite their talk of an organization it seems to have consisted of... those two. Oh, plus Wendy's brothers I guess) so just decided to dump them straight away.
Old December 19 2013, 04:58 AM   #245
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

On the positive Side, there is no new Project listed for Robert Carlyle on IMDB, that would take him away from the Show. If he had a big project that was known, that could really lower the chances they'll bring him back next half-season.

Of course absence of proof, is not proof of absence, but, at least it is a lack of proof that he has something big coming up, so there's hope.

I think they have their memories, only Emma and Henry lost theirs, and Emma was given a memory of keeping Henry and living through his infancy to childhood, which would allow them to live happily ever after and give her a reason to have this child with her now. As mentioned upthread, it wouldn't be as much punishment for Regina if she was able to forget her pain in losing Henry forever. The curse was destroyed, so it didn't take the memories of the Fairy Tale Characters.

Hook, is not from the Enchanted Forest, so, he went to his place of Origin, which I believe, allowed him to work his way back to our world and find Emma in the year that has passed in the time jump.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 11:06 AM   #246
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Yeah, I interpreted it as only Emma and Henry lost their memories, while everyone else kept theirs.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 05:20 PM   #247
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I think they have their memories, only Emma and Henry lost theirs, and Emma was given a memory of keeping Henry and living through his infancy to childhood, which would allow them to live happily ever after and give her a reason to have this child with her now.
Emma and Henry are the only ones who would've lost their memories, and Regina's false memory spell stopped that from happening.

Hook, is not from the Enchanted Forest
Yes, he is.
Old December 19 2013, 05:49 PM   #248
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Yes, he is.
Oh, OK, I thought he was from an Alternate Fairytale England, like Wendy and her family. Then that begs the question of how he got oout of The Enchanted Forest, into our World? Maybe because he waasn't affected bby the original curse?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 05:57 PM   #249
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Yes, he is.
I thought he was from an Alternate Fairytale England, like Wendy and her family.
Wendy and her family are from our world (the Land without Magic).

Then that begs the question of how he got oout of The Enchanted Forest, into our World?
He and Cora used the Jolly Roger and the remnants of the magic wardrobe, remember?

Unless you're talking about his reappearance in New York after a year, in which case I'd say 'a magic bean'.
Old December 19 2013, 08:38 PM   #250
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I don't believe the citizens of Storybrooke lost their memories upon returning to the Enchanted Forest. They wouldn't have been able to explain Bae/Neal being a grown-up man or what happened to Rumple. Only Emma and Henry were given false memories.
Old December 19 2013, 09:47 PM   #251
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Gryff Gryngle wrote: View Post
I don't believe the citizens of Storybrooke lost their memories upon returning to the Enchanted Forest.
They didn't.

Only Emma and Henry were given false memories.
Correct.
Old January 26 2014, 12:24 AM   #252
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Rose McGowan returning as Cora
Old January 26 2014, 12:54 AM   #253
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They didn't.
According to... who?

I'd say it's a better wager that they found a way to regain their memories similar to how they did it in Storybrooke. Both Regina and Gold were adamant that they'd all forget about Storybrooke once the curse washed over them. Saying they didn't lose their memories at all is just talking straight out of your ass.

Only Emma and Henry were given false memories.
Correct.[/QUOTE]
Which is probably why the method used for the others didn't affect them; they were under a completely different spell/curse.
Old January 26 2014, 03:30 AM   #254
sojourner
Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
They didn't.
According to... who?

I'd say it's a better wager that they found a way to regain their memories similar to how they did it in Storybrooke. Both Regina and Gold were adamant that they'd all forget about Storybrooke once the curse washed over them. Saying they didn't lose their memories at all is just talking straight out of your ass.
You might need to rewatch the episode.
Old January 26 2014, 02:50 PM   #255
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
They didn't.
According to... who?
The episode itself?

Emma and Henry lost their memories, everyone else kept theirs, the episode made that perfectly clear. It wouldn't even make sense if they forgot everything, it would reset their characters back to the moment before the curse hit in the pilot and what kind of punishment is never seeing Henry again if Regina wouldn't remember him.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote