Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old December 3 2013, 11:28 PM   #31
PicardSpeedo
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What do you think Star Trek will do for its 50th anniversary?

vulcan redshirt wrote: View Post
Since Prime Verse is most likely dead in the eyes of the execs, anything new relating to any of the TV series (apart from a documentary) is highly unlikely. If I was going to put money on it, I'd say the next movie, a documentary with a small amount of unreleased material and some actor interviews and a load of re-runs of classic episodes from all the series.

A feature-length TV special pulling in members from all 5 series would require cheesy time-travel or holodeck rubbish. Doctor Who can pull that off, because time travel is the whole premise of that show.

It would be possible to do a '20 years later' thing with TNG, DS9 and VOY crews, a bit like B5 'Sleeping in Light' but I doubt it would happen. Doesn't mean we cant fan'fic it though
Well, if they could strike a deal with the BBC, then we'd have no problem with such a premise.
PicardSpeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 11:49 PM   #32
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Minisodes featuring previous series characters. Online at the Star Trek.com site or eventually part of the extras line-up, when the Blu ray/DVD of Abramsverse Movie III is released. Little vignettes that are linked to the next film, even if separated by a universe that's just the theme. Same featured enemy or circumstance they have in common which actually hasn't changed. Not essential to the plot or anything. But like TNG Countdown or Khan comics, you get more out of the end product if and when you discover the extra. An onscreen prequel or whatever, that delves deeper into the mythology in those 5 or 10 minutes, than they manage to do in two hours at the cinema.
Old December 4 2013, 12:02 AM   #33
TheSubCommander
Captain

Assuming by 50th anniversary you mean when Season 1 TOS started in 1966, and not the original pilot, here is what I think will ACTUALLY happen:

1. Star Trek 3 or 13, whatever it is considered.
2. As said before, re-release of previous material on blu ray with the 50th anniversary sticker slapped on
3. Some huge Las Vegas convention with a lot of Trek actors for sure, possibly other large cities, too.
4. As said before, STOGAM\Renegades people produce another online film that includes some lesser TOS actors, and some Trek actors from other series willing to participate
5. a lot of fan films released online

What I would like to see:
1. and Enterprise miniseries or movie, online (IE Netflix) to give it a more proper send off, that includes the Earth Romulan war. (Won't happen, though)
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 02:15 AM   #34
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

My idea:

Star Trek XIII involves an experiment with technology inspired by sensor readings from Nero's ship, and Spock Prime is actually on board assisting, with a hidden agenda to use the opportunity to take his Vulcan refugees to *his* Vulcan. A problem with the temporal equipment results in a recreation of some similar events to those of the TOS episode "The Deadly Years" with appearances from Shatner, Takei, Koenig, and Nichols. Ultimately, they reverse the effect and succeed in opening a path to Primeverse, that for some reason comes out of the wormhole at Bajor, so we actually get to see the new crew meet some of the crew from TNG/DS9/VOY (and possibly engage in some minor conflict with them before convincing them "transporting refugees to Vulcan" isn't some Romulan or Typhon Pact subterfuge - they've heard that one before ) before returning to their own universe and further adventures.
Old December 4 2013, 02:29 AM   #35
BigJake
Rear Admiral

billcosby wrote:
In 2014, TREK YOUR BALLS OFF!
Flawless. Victory.
Old December 4 2013, 05:14 AM   #36
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down your pants.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 02:03 PM   #37
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

In an ideal world? They would use such a momentous date to launch a new series on September 8, 2016. Because that would just be damn sweet!

They would also do limited theatrical re-releases of all of the previous feature films (similar scale to how they've done the TNG blu-ray revamp releases in theaters).

They would of course have Star Trek 13 come out that May.

A truly well produced documentary-level 2-hour special with interviews not only of all the actors but with historical types and such.

Some sort of big party/awards show type thing like they did for the 30th.

Now what do I really expect?

Trek 13.

I'd like to at least have a limited theatrical release of the TOS trilogy of original films (TWOK, TSFS, TVH) where they do each film one a month, like they've done special events for the TNG blu-ray.

Some sort of TV special, aired on a major network -- CBS does own most of Trek now, so it should likely be them.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 09:24 PM   #38
Newspaper Taxi
Captain

They'll release a blu-ray of JJ Abrams sitting in a chair and watching all of the Doctor Who 50th specials, including the Five(ish) Doctors. He'll chuckle to himself and occasionally say, "Hey, we should've done something for Star Trek!"
Old December 6 2013, 09:10 PM   #39
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

You guys are a bunch of bloody cynics, you know that?
Old December 6 2013, 10:43 PM   #40
Push The Button
Captain

As vulcan redshirt wrote, the prime universe is dead and gone, and I say let it rest in peace. Do a documentary, a retrospective, repackage and remaster all 700+ hours of the episodes and movies, but lets leave it as we remember it and just say thanks to Gene for giving us something that we have all enjoyed so much.
Push The Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 12:41 PM   #41
I am not Spock
Commodore

The next movie will be released, probably.
Old December 19 2013, 04:32 PM   #42
Chrono85
Lieutenant Commander

View Chrono85's Twitter Profile

A made for TV movie about the origins of the show, would be cool. It could be kind of like what they did with Doctor Who. Or, at least a documentary type of thing with interview from Trek people.
Chrono85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 07:30 PM   #43
Smellmet
Commander

I want a good sci-fi exploring movie with a kick-ass war with the klingons as the background story, the setting if you will. No Nimoy, no Shatner and definitely NO time travel for a 50th anniversary Trek movie. If I get that remains to be seen...
Smellmet is offline   Reply With Quote