Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 4 2013, 11:28 PM   #31
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Lost Girl season 4

^Indeed, I'd venture to say that the vast majority of Lost Girl's internet fandom consists of Doccubus shippers.

I'm much more pro-Lauren now than I was before. I think they've found some ways to make the character absolutely adorable. And I think she & Bo actually have some great physical chemistry with each other. I just don't think they're on the same wavelength mentally.

While I'm starting to warm up to Tamsin slightly, I'm not yet seeing the actual sparkage between her & Bo.

I still can't get over how perfect Bo & Dyson looked with each other in "(Dis-)Members Only."

But frankly, there's still a part of me hoping that Kenzi will eventually expand her horizons.

Christopher wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a big Boson shipper.
Do you prefer photons, gluons, intermediate vector, or Higgs?
Which ones are cheaper than "day rates"?
Old December 5 2013, 10:33 AM   #32
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I like Lauren and I like her with Bo. But I like everyone with everyone. This is Lost Girl, after all. Everybody should get at least one shot at everyone else.
Old December 5 2013, 06:19 PM   #33
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I like Lauren and I like her with Bo. But I like everyone with everyone. This is Lost Girl, after all. Everybody should get at least one shot at everyone else.
I admit, that would be awesome to see. Maybe "A Very Special Orgy episode of Lost Girl"?

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:39 AM   #34
RJDiogenes

When the series ends it would make a great climax.
Old December 12 2013, 03:28 AM   #35
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Well, I finally finished Season 3. I'd been holding off for a while because I wanted to drag things out and savor them. But then I lost patience and finished the remaining 5 episodes in 2 days. Doh!

And this is even worse than the last time. Season 2 mostly just ended by resolving lots of stuff. Season 3's finale is nothing but cliffhangers. I mean, seriously, Trick is the only character that I don't still have major questions about at the end of the episode. (And maybe Dyson. I seriously doubt he's in any particular jeopardy.)

I'm starting to warm up a little more to Tamsin. She's still got attitude but she's not so much of a bitch anymore. I'm still not sure I see the sparkage between her & Bo though.

Besides, after "The Ceremony," I'm more of a Boson 'shipper than ever. I mean, Bo clearly likes Lauren. But when she's standing in front of Dyson when he finally admits that he loves her again, there are freakin' stars in her eyes!

BTW, speaking of Tamsin, I was just watching "The Girl Who Fae'd with Fire" from Season 2. In that episode, one of the random clan elders attending the party is named Tamsin. There's also this line from Kenzi when she first meets Hale's sister Val: "Is that short for Valerie? Or because you're a Valkyrie?" (It doesn't actually mean anything but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.)
Old December 13 2013, 01:05 AM   #36
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Somehow I missed this announcement

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

With the return of Lost Girl and the start of Helix... I'm really looking forward to January even though we won't have Sleepy Hollow for a year or OuaT for three (?) months.

Oh... and I have to admit, I like Boson, Doccubus and am intrigued by the Valkyrie.

As for Kenzi... keep her as best friend forever.

Some things ARE sacred, afterall!
Old December 13 2013, 03:20 AM   #37
Christopher
Writer

Lost Girl at 8 PM? Isn't it more of a later-evening kind of thing?

I'm sad that LG is actually the only thing on the midseason lineup that I'm interested in watching.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2013, 11:13 AM   #38
RJDiogenes

Being Human is coming back, too. That's a great show. And I have hopes for Bitten.

I hope Lost Girl being on at 8pm doesn't mean they will water it down.
Old December 13 2013, 02:56 PM   #39
Christopher
Writer

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Being Human is coming back, too. That's a great show.
I lost interest in it quite a while ago. Too dark for me. And I'm just so sick of vampire stories. When I was watching the original UK series, I liked the stuff with the ghost and the werewolf okay, but all the vampire-politics stuff bored me completely. (Although I'm enjoying NBC's Dracula limited series okay.)

And I have hopes for Bitten.
I've never liked Laura Vandervoort much.

I hope Lost Girl being on at 8pm doesn't mean they will water it down.
Last season, on their Canadian imports, Syfy bleeped language at 8 PM that they left unbleeped at 10 PM. So yeah, there may be cause for concern about censorship.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2013, 10:38 AM   #40
RJDiogenes

Christopher wrote: View Post
I lost interest in it quite a while ago. Too dark for me. And I'm just so sick of vampire stories.
Really? That's interesting. You know me: I have no patience with the dark stuff and it doesn't strike me that way at all. As for the Vampire politics, I agree that that's not the series' strongest attribute, especially to the degree they've gone a couple of times. The show is best when it's intimate and personal.

I've never liked Laura Vandervoort much.
I don't know who that is, or much else about the show, except that it stars a Werewolf.

Last season, on their Canadian imports, Syfy bleeped language at 8 PM that they left unbleeped at 10 PM. So yeah, there may be cause for concern about censorship.
That sucks. I hate censorship.
Old December 15 2013, 02:59 AM   #41
JD
Admiral

Damn, I hope they don't cut to much stuff out of LG to fit into the earlier time.
That is a hell of line up for Syfy Mondays, I really enjoy Being Human and I've been looking forward to Bitten for a while now. I've actually been planning on checking out the Women of the Otherworld novel series (Bitten is the first book in the 13 book series) since before they announced the Bitten TV series. I had hoped to at least read Bitten before the show, but that's not going to happen now.
Old December 18 2013, 02:59 AM   #42
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

For those who have already seen Season 4, are there any episodes that you would say are *ahem* suitable for viewing on a computer in a public place?

It's such an up & down question sometimes. You'll have some episodes with tons of sex in them but then there will be the occasional dry spells when Bo doesn't even so much as touch-hypnotize anyone for several episodes at a time.

And since I'm just going crazy with inter-season withdrawls, I would just like to point out once again that we really need some Lost Girl merchandise! (The point was driven home to me especially forcefully when I was out Christmas shopping last night. There was just tons & tons of Doctor Who stuff. Why is the universe so good at overstimulating with merchandise for one of my TV obsessions yet starve me with the other?)
Old December 18 2013, 10:23 AM   #43
RJDiogenes

Hmm. Lost Girl action figures. That could be interesting.
Old December 18 2013, 07:50 PM   #44
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Hmm. Lost Girl action figures. That could be interesting.
They must be fully posable with kung fu grip...

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2013, 12:48 AM   #45
JD
Admiral

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post

And since I'm just going crazy with inter-season withdrawls, I would just like to point out once again that we really need some Lost Girl merchandise! (The point was driven home to me especially forcefully when I was out Christmas shopping last night. There was just tons & tons of Doctor Who stuff. Why is the universe so good at overstimulating with merchandise for one of my TV obsessions yet starve me with the other?)
Or novels. I would kill for some good Lost Girl tie-in novels.