Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 19 2013, 04:02 AM   #91
Cap.GRPrime1701
Ensign

Re: Kirk Enterprise - the Enterprise(a)?

Does anybody on here even have Xbox SmartGlass app
xD

Hopefully someone posts the scenes on Youtube.
Cap.GRPrime1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 02:24 AM   #92
trevanian
Rear Admiral

I'm gonna throw another possibility out here, that it IS a physical model, but that it is MUCH smaller than indicated in the still. If it were a foreground miniature that was less than perfectly executed, that would convey the subtle wrongness of the pic. Abrams actually did a foreground miniature for the first film, but it was a scene cut from the release print (interesting synchroncity, that!), so they do, surprisingly enough, actually know the process.

Trek used FG miniatures in TMP for Vulcan (the brief shot at Yellowstone) and for Starfleet Command in TWOK (most of the lobby - lower level & atrium overhead - where Kirk & Spock wait for the elevator.)
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 02:11 PM   #93
The Wormhole
Admiral

That's all well and good, but I'm noticing that since I've asked for proof all I'm getting are theories regarding how it could be real, bot no statements that it is.

But, I am interested in facts, not theories. Is no one able to state with 100% certainty if this is real or fake?
Old September 23 2013, 02:20 PM   #94
Gonzo
Lieutenant

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
That's all well and good, but I'm noticing that since I've asked for proof all I'm getting are theories regarding how it could be real, bot no statements that it is.

But, I am interested in facts, not theories. Is no one able to state with 100% certainty if this is real or fake?
No proof one way or the other except for the existence of the photo itself.

I guess everyone can take it or leave it.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 02:24 PM   #95
The Wormhole
Admiral

^^Sounds like a fancy way of saying "no."
Old September 23 2013, 02:42 PM   #96
Gonzo
Lieutenant

^^Sounds like a fancy way of saying "no."
I am not one of the "purists" so I don't mind either way to be honest, whether or not it fits canon, is fake or real doesn't make any difference to me.

I am ok either way.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 01:00 AM   #97
trevanian
Rear Admiral

If you're going to get this worked up over it, may I suggest you're asking in the wrong place? Nobody here worked on the film, so nobody here is going to be able to say it was on the set physically or added in post. Since there isn't a 'making of' on the film, b-t-s info is going to be lacking and continue to be lacking.

If you feel that compelled about this, PM me and I'll send you the email address for Scott Chambliss, the production designer (or at least it was his email in 2009, no guarantees it still works.) If he wants to know what happened to my Trek 09 article (for which he was interviewed, but the piece was never finished or published) for HD VIDEO PRO, tell him ILM PR dragged their heels for 2 months & didn't put anybody on the phone with me, plus Paramount failed to hook me up with the DP, so there wasn't anything besides his interview, which wouldn't have been enough for a cover story (especially since Paramount never sent my editor any photos, either.)
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 07:12 PM   #98
Saul
Rear Admiral

If this was real it would have been confirmed by now by somebody else.
Old September 25 2013, 09:34 PM   #99
Cap.GRPrime1701
Ensign

I'm pretty sure had the app been on Apple IOS instead of Xbox Smartglass, we would've had all these scenes posted on Youtube already.
Cap.GRPrime1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 10:19 PM   #100
The Wormhole
Admiral

Has anyone even seen this particular scene? My search for info about deleted scenes has so far brought three results, Khan taking a shower, Carol talking about growing up in London and Kirk meeting Rima and Lucille Harewood at the ceremony at the end. No one is even talking about a deleted scene set in Marcus's office.

Can anyone even confirm that there is a deleted scene in his office? Hell, does even the novelization feature anything with Marcus that isn't in the movie? Just something that simple would go a long way in convincing me there's some legitimacy to this, and can be answered by anyone.
Old September 25 2013, 10:27 PM   #101
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

There was a scene or at the very least test footage shot in his office. Concept art shows him recieving Mr. Harewood's message on his holographic phone. We also see a one-second snippet from this same scene it at the very end of the "powerwall" video (all over in the concept art thread)
Old December 11 2013, 01:19 PM   #102
Oso Blanco
Commodore

Should Senator Vreenak be making an appearance?
His appearance in this thread is long overdue!
Old December 11 2013, 02:29 PM   #103
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

With the deleted scene available (albeit only to Xbox One + iPad owners), you'd think we'd have gotten some confirmation one way or the other by now.
Old December 11 2013, 07:40 PM   #104
The Wormhole
Admiral

It's been three months exactly and rather than confirm for 100% certainty that it exists all anyone has done is post theories speculating on how it could be real and accuse those who don't believe it's real of being a TOS purist. As far as I'm concerned it's a fake, like good senator is famous for saying. I don't care if it makes me a TOS purist, but at this point nothing less than posting a link to the scene itself will convince me.
Old December 17 2013, 07:52 AM   #105
Dukhat
Commodore

It's been three months exactly and rather than confirm for 100% certainty that it exists all anyone has done is post theories speculating on how it could be real and accuse those who don't believe it's real of being a TOS purist.
No one has done anything of the sort. Looking back through this thread, the only person who was making a stink about this photo and getting rebuffed was you. And the only person who even mentioned the word "purist" was Gonzo, and he was just making a general statement and not accusing you personally (and he wasn't even referring to TOS specifically), so please stop being so overly dramatic.

As far as I'm concerned it's a fake, like good senator is famous for saying. I don't care if it makes me a TOS purist, but at this point nothing less than posting a link to the scene itself will convince me.
You're welcome to believe it's a fake, and no one has told you that you should believe otherwise. I, however, believe it's real, simply because the 0718 meme is too specific for some random faker to utilize. The number obviously has some special meaning to someone on the production staff; ergo, it was one of them who created this for the film before it got cut.

Last edited by Dukhat; December 17 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Dukhat is offline   Reply With Quote