Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 17 2013, 01:24 AM   #226
JD
Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

That was a great episode. I can't wait to see where we go for the rest of the season. I'm very curious to see their version of the Wicked Witch and the Oz story.

I did not expect them to kill off Gold like that, but Io9 did have a quote from an interview with the actor who plays Pan where he talks about the rest of the season, so it sounds like there is a chance that he and Gold will be back.
You are going to see a change in the relationship in the mid-season finale. So they will touch upon that and it will be very interesting to see where they go from there in terms of their relationship as the season progresses.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 02:48 AM   #227
davejames
Vice Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post
So did everyone in Storybrooke loose their memories of everything that happened during the curse years? Cause when they go back home im sure everyone there will remember everything.
If everyone was able to regain their memories before, I'm sure they'll be able to do it again. I really doubt the writers want all the character development that occurred in the past 2 1/2 seasons to have been for nothing.

It'll be interesting to see if, once they DO regain their memories, there'll be the desire by some to return to the new lives they created in Storybrooke. I imagine some probably got used to the modern world and all our advanced technology.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 03:35 AM   #228
Snick27
Captain

[QUOTE=davejames;9022537]
Snick27 wrote: View Post
So did everyone in Storybrooke loose their memories of everything that happened during the curse years? Cause when they go back home im sure everyone there will remember everything.
If everyone was able to regain their memories before, I'm sure they'll be able to do it again. I really doubt the writers want all the character development that occurred in the past 2 1/2 seasons to have been for nothing.

It'll be interesting to see if, once they DO regain their memories, there'll be the desire by some to return to the new lives they created in Storybrooke. I imagine some probably got used to the modern world and all our advanced technology.[/QUOTE]

Like toilet paper....
Old December 17 2013, 03:38 AM   #229
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Why do people keep thinking the characters lost their memory? It's pretty evident from the teaser for the second half of the season that they didn't.
Old December 17 2013, 03:40 AM   #230
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Indeed. And besides, it wouldn't be nearly as much of a price if Regina knew she'd forget about Henry ever existing.
Old December 17 2013, 04:34 AM   #231
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
It's really amazing that there's so much confusion about the end of last night's episode even though things were pretty clearly explained, but here's an outline of what actually happened
First of all, PAN'S CURSE NEVER HIT. By destroying the scroll used to cast It, Regina stopped said Curse in its tracks.

Secondly, the 'price' extracted for Regina stopping Pan's Curse was this: Emma and Henry would lose their Storybrooke experience memories, which would've made them virtual strangers to each other, and everyone else would be sent back to the place(s) where they came from (Black-and-White Land for Whale and the Enchanted Forest for everyone else).

Third: Regina used the same spell she used on Belle in "Lacey" on Emma and Henry in order to prevent their Storybrooke experience memories from being erased.

Fourth: The above things did nothing whatsoever to affect the timeline of the show; everything we've seen - including flashbacks - still happened.

Fifth: The false memories that Regina gave Emma and Henry have simply made them believe that they've been a family for all of Henry's life.

Sixth: That flashback at the end with Emma and baby Henry in the hospital in Phoenix was her changing her mind about giving him up for adoption without holding him in her arms.
You keep saying that the curse never hit, and while that's true, don't forget that all that smoke enveloping Storybrooke made it look like it was about to swallow the citizens of the town. (Which raised the question of whether whoever inhaled the smoke was already cursed.) That's why Baldy McGrumpy was panicking like shit, "OMG! We're surrounded!" But yes, Regina neutralized the curse.
Old December 17 2013, 05:00 AM   #232
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

I really don't think that - aside from the question of do they keep their memory - there's been much of any confusion anyway.
Old December 17 2013, 05:20 AM   #233
Snick27
Captain

What about Neal? Why didn't he just walk across the city line and be safe? He wasn't part of the curse and was already part of this world. Hell in theory Regina could of gave them all new memories and pushed them across the line.
Old December 17 2013, 05:48 AM   #234
sojourner
Vice Admiral

As Regina said, destroying the curse would return everyone born in fantasy land back there, except Emma, since she was the savior.

I wonder if returning everyone to fantasy land will cause an industrial revolution there?
Old December 17 2013, 06:46 AM   #235
davejames
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Why do people keep thinking the characters lost their memory? It's pretty evident from the teaser for the second half of the season that they didn't.
Well not all of us like to watch the teasers for the following episode. When Regina talks about Storybrooke being erased and everyone going back as if "none of it ever happened," it's only natural to assume she was referring to the fairytale characters as well.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 09:10 AM   #236
Takeru
Fleet Captain

davejames wrote: View Post
Well not all of us like to watch the teasers for the following episode. When Regina talks about Storybrooke being erased and everyone going back as if "none of it ever happened," it's only natural to assume she was referring to the fairytale characters as well.
Not really, she said nothing of Storybrooke would remain in the real world, so only the memories of the ones staying behind are affected, that's how I understood it when I first watched it.
Takeru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 09:13 AM   #237
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

I wonder if the guy who got turned into a fish by Cora is OK now.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 12:49 PM   #238
Scout101
Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post

Do you like to watch the END of the episodes you're currently watching? Because Hook showed up at the end, and clearly hadn't forgotten everything. Even tried the 'true love's kiss' bit on Emma, just in case. Although, was disappointed in the result He knew what was going on, only Emma and Henry have forgotten. They were going to lose THEIR memories either way, so Regina gave them fake ones so that they'd have something and not just be strangers to each other. Actually, without Storybrook memories, Henry would likely just be a vegetable or blank slate, as he'd have NO other memories at all, since birth...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 03:26 PM   #239
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Hook showed up at the end, and clearly hadn't forgotten everything. Even tried the 'true love's kiss' bit on Emma,
I wonder how many Swan Queen shippers are out there right now, busily creating fanfic where Regina's kiss awakens Emma's memories?
Old December 17 2013, 06:22 PM   #240
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ I'd forgotten this, but the memory spell Regina used on Emma and Henry has to be broken using a potion.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote