RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,238
Posts: 5,438,684
Members: 24,958
Currently online: 537
Newest member: greatmovies

TrekToday headlines

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 16 2013, 07:41 PM   #31
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

There was a sitcom called "good and evil" not to be mistaken for the amine "Good vs Evil", costarring a very very young Seth Green, where they were parodying the daily soap paradigm and teri played the evil hyperbolic scheming matriarch.

I thought it was fantastic, but apparently the bastard was cancelled after 6 episodes and viewed by all else as an absolute faliure, which amazed me.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 11:19 PM   #32
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Looking at Sarah Silverman, I have to ask: Can the world buy such a jewel?



Last edited by T'Devilish; September 28 2014 at 01:19 AM.
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 11:23 PM   #33
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Yea, and a case to put it into. But speak you this with a sad brow, or do you play the flouting Jack, to tell us Cupid is a good hare-finder, and Vulcan a rare carpenter? Come, in what key shall a man take you, to go in the song?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 11:33 PM   #34
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Well-played, sir! And I am pleased to see I'm not the only one on these boards who's familiar with the works of Billy Shakes!
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 11:35 PM   #35
Queen Arachnia
Commodore
 
Queen Arachnia's Avatar
 
Location: aka Captain Kathryn
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

teacake wrote: View Post
Future's End is my most watched VOY ep, not because of Silverman but because it's a great romp.

I would have liked to see more of Starling, he was interesting.
It's one of my most watched too! And definitely my most watched from the Seasons 1-3 era, hands down.

I love Sarah Silverman and Ed Begley Jr!
__________________
Assimilate more Janeway...among other stuff! Captain Kathryn's Tumblr
Queen Arachnia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 11:38 PM   #36
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Joss Whedon made a "version" of Much ado About Nothing set in modern day while still using the full old timey language, that was released about three months ago.

It's almost cheating.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; December 17 2013 at 12:04 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 01:33 AM   #37
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)



Any version starring (a pre-Hollywood) Kate Beckinsale ... count me in!!!
I think I prefer her as an English Rose.
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 01:39 AM   #38
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)



The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee

Hard Cover Book
http://www.amazon.com/The-Bedwetter-...=The+Bedwetter

Audio Book - as read by Sarah Silverman
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IF37RC

Amazon Exclusive: A Letter from Sarah Silverman

Dear Reader:

My name is Sarah Silverman. I was once primarily known for saying the word "poop" and getting paid above market rates for it. But those days are over, because I am now going to be known for having written a book. Why did I write a book, you might wonder? Because it just seemed like the right time to be getting into the publishing industry. I'm kidding. Publishing is rotting like an abandoned possum carcass on the shoulder of I-95. I know that for a fact, because shortly after my book deal was announced, I kept hearing people lament the imminent demise of literature. These days there is only one reason to write a book: to be taken seriously. And that is exactly what is about to happen to me. I'm an author now! Like Ernest Hemingway and Fyodor Dostoevsky!
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 02:55 AM   #39
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post


Any version starring (a pre-Hollywood) Kate Beckinsale ... count me in!!!
I think I prefer her as an English Rose.
I see your Kate Beckinsale and raise you an Amy Acker.

The new one is like a reunion of the bit players from Buffy and Angel.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 03:11 AM   #40
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post


Any version starring (a pre-Hollywood) Kate Beckinsale ... count me in!!!
I think I prefer her as an English Rose.
Not as a kick-ass vampire Death Dealer? I'm crushed!
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 04:20 AM   #41
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

I had a friend who would sigh every time on House that Wilson walked into the room.

"What's wrong with you!" I would say "Stop focussing on the chubby friend!"
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 11:06 AM   #42
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Wilson had a "chub" alright, when he starred in the skin flick Feral Pleasures.
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 11:15 AM   #43
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
Any version starring (a pre-Hollywood) Kate Beckinsale ... count me in!!! I think I prefer her as an English Rose.
Not as a kick-ass vampire Death Dealer? I'm crushed!
... Now, what is that supposed to mean? Ah, yes ... I seem to recall that you were actually involved in the merchandising side of UnderWorld, having penned the novelization of that rather successful motion picture. With regards to my preferrences for Kate Beckinsale, however: What I have written stays written.
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 04:50 PM   #44
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
Any version starring (a pre-Hollywood) Kate Beckinsale ... count me in!!! I think I prefer her as an English Rose.
Not as a kick-ass vampire Death Dealer? I'm crushed!
... Now, what is that supposed to mean? Ah, yes ... I seem to recall that you were actually involved in the merchandising side of UnderWorld, having penned the novelization of that rather successful motion picture. With regards to my preferrences for Kate Beckinsale, however: What I have written stays written.
Hell, I wrote four Underworld novels . . . and once caught a glimpse of Beckinsale at the premiere of the first movie. She was not, however, killing lycans at the time.
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 06:01 PM   #45
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Hell, I wrote four Underworld novels . . . and once caught a glimpse of Beckinsale at the premiere of the first movie. She was not, however, killing lycans at the time.
You've written four UnderWorld novels, you say? A fictitious universe upon which to elaborate and expand upon ... A perk of which being, sharing the Red Carpet with the likes of Kate Beckinsale! A not displeasing chore, sir!

I, on the other hand, never met any celebrities. Unless you call one of Philly's former mayor's and PA's former governor Ed "Fast Eddie" Rendell a celebrity? I was at the El stop, heading into work one day, whilst Eddie was on the campaign trail and decided to shake hands with everybody as they approached the turnstyle.

I tried to hurry past him, but he thrusts his thick, meaty hand at me and I just dart past him, as I rush for the waiting train. He had this look that told me I just committed a major faux pas. Well, you know what? That's what you get for not being Sarah Silverman! And quit bugging people on their way to work ...
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.