Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 6 2013, 06:18 PM   #76
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: Survivor 27: Blood vs Water

I'm not liking the "punish the voters" angle. The two whose names were written down should have had to draw rocks.

That said, I would have loved for Ciera to have gotten the white rock. She's gotten awfully smug the last couple of weeks. Or Tyson... the idol wouldn't have protected him at that stage of the voting.

Actually, a bigger mystery to me is why Caleb likes Colton. The Ponderosa footage is available on YouTube, and Caleb says he can see himself and Colton still together when they're "old and grey."

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 07:02 PM   #77
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Yeah, not really fair that the players originally voted for get a pass on the rock drawing.

I'm also wondering if Redemption Island ends next week. If so, Tyson's gonna need that idol. If he doesn't let anyone know he has it, he could protect his three person alliance. But even if he does, the rock draw could come back into play.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 08:10 PM   #78
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Great season so far.

I was pulling for Tyson but now I'm pulling for Hayden, what a great scramble.
Old December 6 2013, 09:31 PM   #79
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

My feeling is that Colton's a completely different person when his defenses aren't up. When Colton was a child he was in a situation where he was the center of bullying all the time and I think that overdramatic hostility developed as a coping mechanism to prevent from being vulnerable. But I bet when he's with somebody he's really comfortable with he's not like that.

I think it's a good idea that voters have to draw rocks. Because that gives the voters extra incentive to avoid ties. That's why they invented the rock drawing system in the first place, because in the first three seasons ties went to most previous votes and it made it so players strove for ties instead of majorities. It makes the game better that players have that extra incentive to avoid ties. Playing for ties instead of majorities made the game less interesting. It's a very good thing that there hasn't been a tie since Paschal in season 4.

But I think the voted players should ALSO draw rocks. There should have been 5 rocks pulled there, not 3.

If Tyson were Russell he would have played the idol on Monica.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 08:21 PM   #80
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I also think Colton is probably completely different when he's not on camera or on Survivor. In those situations some people excel, which is why they get picked to go on the show in the first place, and some would fail utterly (like myself!). Usually they are pretty good at picking out the people who will excel or at least remain their boring selves (e.g. Katie), and avoiding casting the people who just wouldn't do well on camera or on Survivor, for whatever reason. The quitters are the times that they have failed.

I think it's funny that the person who drew the rock was such a non-entity to begin with. We won't really notice her absence on the show, and not even Katie herself seemed to care all that much.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2013, 12:27 AM   #81
Timewalker

Well, it did give her a chance to talk to her mother. I see from the preview that Tina said she wouldn't mind letting Katie win. That's not good; I think Tina is a hell of a competitor, and I'd hate to see her throw a challenge for the sake of a daughter who should win on her own merits if she's going to win at all.

Old December 11 2013, 09:56 PM   #82
Yoda
Rear Admiral

I fell way behind, finally caught up. I'm not buying any Hayden praise. It was crappy scrambling saved by Ciera being stupid. The previous week, if anything I think the scrambling to throw Ciera under the bus after his plan went south was much better played, even if it didn't work.

Way to put your neck on the rock drawing line there Ciera, where you only have a 1 out of 3 chance of it going your way, while letting Hayden absolve himself of any risk in that tribal council. Girl, u dumb as hell.
Old December 13 2013, 05:30 AM   #83
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

They tried a little too hard in that episode to convince you Monica was going to flip.

My only fear now is that Monica wins on spite votes against Tyson. Or, if Laura comes back there's a stronger argument for Monica to flip. Laura "Hey, I'm the favorite for the last immunity challenge. I win, who are they going to vote out? And besides, wouldn't you rather be the only non-Moret in the final than be against the two obvious best strategic players?"

I do like the rock-drawing system for ties. Remember there were two ties in the first three seasons, then none between Paschal being screwed in season 4 and last week. The goal of the rock drawing system is to prevent ties, and it did its job extremely well.
Old December 15 2013, 05:51 PM   #84
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
They tried a little too hard in that episode to convince you Monica was going to flip.
Yeah, there was no good reason for Monica to flip since it wouldn't have moved her up in the pecking order. At best, she'd still be #3 and probably would have ended up #4 if she flipped.

I do like the rock-drawing system for ties. Remember there were two ties in the first three seasons, then none between Paschal being screwed in season 4 and last week. The goal of the rock drawing system is to prevent ties, and it did its job extremely well.
I like that they draw rocks for ties instead of counting previous votes against, but I don't think it's fair that the people initially voted for get a pass. I'd rather see everybody without immunity be forced to draw rocks.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 01:47 AM   #85
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Looking forward to the finale.

BTW, heads up warning. I looked up who was on Amazing Race next season.

The good news is, Flight Time & Big Easy are back.

The bad news is, yep! So are Brendan and Rachel. I guess it could be worse, it could be Jeff & Jordan, but this is the next worst thing. God damn it, what does TV see in these people?
Old December 16 2013, 02:02 AM   #86
Timewalker

Who or what are those?

Old December 16 2013, 03:15 AM   #87
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

The Globetrotters.

Also I googled Survivor 28 cast spoilers. It looks like it's an all new cast. FINALLY.
Old December 16 2013, 03:34 AM   #88
AgentCoop
Fleet Captain

View AgentCoop's Twitter Profile

I utterly despise Monica. Just needed to get that out there.
And the second penguin said "Maybe I am..."
AgentCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 05:04 AM   #89
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I'm so happy Tyson won. I was scared of the spite vote for Monica.

Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty. So basically it's the Big Brother clique idea, only labelled less silly. Ok. At least there are no returning players next season. That's fine, they'll merge it into two tribes in episode 2-4.

Wasn't that Hayden's season? Why didn't he say "They already did that on Big Brother with the cliques"?
Old December 16 2013, 08:19 AM   #90
Timewalker

Timewalker wrote: View Post

Who or what are those?
The Globetrotters.
Sorry, it's still clear as mud. I'm not up on the nicknames the different teams get (I'm guessing you are referring to team nicknames? Or is it something else? I missed a few seasons...).