Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade & Discuss
A 6 66.67%
B 2 22.22%
C 1 11.11%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 14 2013, 10:22 PM   #31
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: MLP:FiM S4E5 - "Flight to the Finish" - Grade & Discuss

Because she wants something different, the idea of only one talent or ability may suit most Ponies, Scootaloo loves her scooter for fun, but she wants to be like Rainbow Dash anyway and won't settle for anything less.
Old December 15 2013, 12:29 AM   #32
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

And the day will come when she realises that she's like her surrogate sister, even if she can't fly. I love that they've more or less said she can't. How many kids who watch the show are in wheelchairs or have other issues? That Scootaloo has her hard days but doesn't give up is an inspiration!
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2013, 02:16 AM   #33
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

That makes it all the sweeter, and something that I hope reaches kids who watch. They don't have to be exactly like the person they admire, they can be their own person, and they can use their own talents. Being different is good.

"People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet." - Temple Grandin
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2013, 02:54 AM   #34
Soul of Saito
Fleet Captain

Location: Limited-area amalgamated alternate timespace with non-corrosive tendencies.
Send a message via AIM to Soul of Saito

^ Yeah, I really liked that bit where Rainbow plainly acknowledges that Scoots may or may not ever fly. Was it an explicit explanation as to why she hasn't been able to fly yet? No, and it may be that they're not sure why that is - perhaps there is no medical explanation, it's just that her wing power and ability aren't there yet and no one is sure why.

Still, Rainbow hits it directly - "you may not ever fly, but you're still awesome." I LOVED that, and I loved that whole scene, because it brought back the RD/Scoots dynamic from "Sleepless in Ponyville". For all her bravado, Dash actually cares deeply for certain ponies in her life and just has trouble showing it - the mane 6 obviously, but it's clear that Scoots is also up there.

I loved this episode, I thought it was a good character piece for Scootaloo, and sweet Luna on a tricycle, they really did crank the crazy facial expressions up to eleven this time during the scenes with Dash and Harshwhinney!

Oh, also, I just LOST it when - after witnessing how great the CMC's routine looked - Silver Spoon says "But how do we stop them? We already called them blank flanks!" That was such a great moment, not only because it was hilarious, but because it really underscored the true nature of these bullies: they have a set script of harmful rhetoric, but when it fails, they don't always know what to do. I also liked seeing the CMC actually stand up to them directly.

I'd have to give this one a 9 out of 10. Yes, I've switched to a numerical rating scale because I always liked it better SO SUE ME
My solitary Trek fic
Soul of Saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2013, 04:40 AM   #35
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

Your numerical rating system is going to kill us all!

My heart melted when Dashie told Scoots that she was awesome regardless of whether she would or would not fly. So warm!

"People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet." - Temple Grandin
Brony Kingdom
Old December 15 2013, 04:48 AM   #36
Soul of Saito
Fleet Captain

Location: Limited-area amalgamated alternate timespace with non-corrosive tendencies.
Send a message via AIM to Soul of Saito

Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
Thanks Obama!

Er... wait

My heart melted when Dashie told Scoots that she was awesome regardless of whether she would or would not fly. So warm!
That really was one of the best d'awwww moments yet from this whole show!
My solitary Trek fic
Soul of Saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2013, 04:49 AM   #37
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Saito S wrote: View Post
Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
Thanks Obama!

Er... wait
First he screws up America, now he's taking on Equestria! When are they going to get that lock box open? This man is the anti-Celestia!

That really was one of the best d'awwww moments yet from this whole show! [/QUOTE]

It was so very heartwarming. Also, I didn't cry when Scootaloo started crying. Just sayin'.

Brony Kingdom
Old December 15 2013, 03:29 PM   #38
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Yeah, the Dash/Scoots thing really followed on well from Sleepless in Ponyville last year, she mentions that her wings haven't grown as they should so they seem to be implying a stunted growth problem.

And yeah, DT/SS's "We've insulted her once, we're out of ideas!" line was great.

I still can't stand Ms. Harshwhinney...
Old December 15 2013, 07:54 PM   #39
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

^ I think that's the point. She's supposed to be somepony we can't stand.

Last edited by Peach Wookiee; December 15 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old December 15 2013, 08:29 PM   #40
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

I think they just need a few more colts around, if you know what I mean.
Old December 15 2013, 09:48 PM   #41
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

LOL, yeah.
Old December 16 2013, 12:32 AM   #42
CorporalClegg
Admiral

I have to be honest here and say this one totally lost me.

I totally stopped caring about half-way through. I started doing other things and really didn't pay much attention to the end.

The song was kind of derivative and shallow. And the plot was just way too forced.

Really I think it might have been one of the weakest episodes of the series and a waste of the CMC.
Old December 16 2013, 01:45 AM   #43
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
I have to be honest here and say this one totally lost me.

I totally stopped caring about half-way through. I started doing other things and really didn't pay much attention to the end.

The song was kind of derivative and shallow. And the plot was just way too forced.

Really I think it might have been one of the weakest episodes of the series and a waste of the CMC.
Aw. Ah well, hopefully you'll like next week's episode. That's the "Power Ponies" episode!

Brony Kingdom
Old December 16 2013, 02:01 AM   #44
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Old December 16 2013, 03:00 AM   #45
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Yeah, that was awesome.

Brony Kingdom