Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant

Saldana: Balancing Work And Motherhood

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 6 2013, 04:44 PM   #916
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Not nonsense. Lizzy and Mika's father extracted a promise from Carol. She said she would look after them and protect them. Carol "failed" Sophia. She comes across Lizzy, whom she castigated as "weak" who has done this deed and Carol is no fool. She knows how the group will likely react. She failed one daughter. She feels she can't fail again with her new surrogate child, to whose father she made a solemn promise. Her commitment to her new daughter overrides her self imposed mission to safeguard the other kids.

Psychologically, I could see it. TPTB may not go that route, but it's not so implausible. I still found Daryl's reaction most interesting. Him wanting to get Tyrese's reaction immediately to see how they could deal with the situation--and he didn't entirely buy it. He thought something else might have spurred the situation. All I know is, Carol simply can't be gone for good. There's too much story.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 04:44 PM   #917
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
HA! I like the second pic better. Oh yeah, Danai Gurai and Norman Reedus posing on the motorcycle together will get some folks worked up into a frenzy. You notice Reedus isn't the interested looking one in either photo.
Hey-- found this photo from the Cool Spoilers blog to complete the "love triangle" (or i guess dismissing the love of another shots)

Actually, I didn't find Daryl's reaction "stone cold." He was like, let's deal with this and "let's find out" what Tyrese will think. He didn't immediately believe Rick's words, either. Then the attack happened and the whole reaction process to what Rick had done was short circuited. Dammit. Though I suppose it's all about eventual payoff. I find it difficult to believe that Melissa McBride is gone for good.
Yeah..it felt like they addressed because they knew they had to (remembering the complaints about waiting for Sophia), and we'll get something bigger next half
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 04:59 PM   #918
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Not nonsense. Lizzy and Mika's father extracted a promise from Carol. She said she would look after them and protect them. Carol "failed" Sophia. She comes across Lizzy, whom she castigated as "weak" who has done this deed and Carol is no fool. She knows how the group will likely react. She failed one daughter. She feels she can't fail again with her new surrogate child, to whose father she made a solemn promise. Her commitment to her new daughter overrides her self imposed mission to safeguard the other kids.

Psychologically, I could see it. TPTB may not go that route, but it's not so implausible. I still found Daryl's reaction most interesting. Him wanting to get Tyrese's reaction immediately to see how they could deal with the situation--and he didn't entirely buy it. He thought something else might have spurred the situation. All I know is, Carol simply can't be gone for good. There's too much story.
The group isn't going to exile or execute a 12 year old girl. If she was indeed the murderer, then all Carol accomplished was removing herself from the group and endangering them all both from her lack of being there to "do what needs to be done" and not being there to guide Lizzie. As it is she can't protect them which makes her promise still broken. Carol is far too practical to not see that.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 07:04 PM   #919
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

The group isn't going to exile or execute a 12 year old girl.
The group may not...but you're forgetting that the group is made up of individuals. And in the source material, those individuals do some pretty interesting things.
Old December 6 2013, 07:46 PM   #920
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

And that might be an interesting story to see play out. A lot more interesting and true-to-character than Carol walking away with the knowledge that she is leaving all these people she cared about with a bomb ticking away in their midst.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 08:39 PM   #921
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Love the picture of Michonne and Daryl on the bike. The actress who plays Michonne has a great smile to her in that picture. In both picture Reedus does the "Blue Steel" look very well.

Of course I also feel like carol might be covering for Lizzy. Can't wait for the second half of the season!
I don't get why people think Lizzy was the one who killed Karen and David. We know she's got an odd view on the Walkers, but she's treated them more like pets or still "somewhat people" than anything else. It's a huge leap to go from that to savagely killing two innocent people and then burning their bodies. (Or just killing them, if we're to assume Carol is the one that burned them.)

I'm also sort of leaning on Bob being the one who was feeding the Walkers at the fence and did the science experiment Tyrese found at the beginning of this last episode.

But I think all Lizzie is "guilty" of is treating the Walkers like pets, I really doubt she was the one who killed Karen and David it's just a HUGE leap to get there from calling the Walkers by their name.
Old December 6 2013, 09:38 PM   #922
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

I didn't say "I think", I said "might be". There's a difference.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 06:13 AM   #923
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Just saw the repeat...Judith was last seen with the kids...and those kids seemed pretty well armed...now, when they saved Tyrese we didn't see the carrier or Judith...was Tyrese shot?

I imagine after they rescued him they went to get the baby.

Maybe the blood was from a Woodbury 2.0 person who saw the carrier (after it was ditched for being heavy), and bled on it...then ran away when seeing Walkers.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 11:30 AM   #924
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

The blood is definitely a red herring-- no pun intended.

And, Holy Toledo, Michonne is adorable when she smiles.
Old December 7 2013, 03:57 PM   #925
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^I don't know. Depending on how long the show continues, they're going to loose the baby one way or another and I can't see them killing her on-screen. It may well be a red herring though since this is more or less when the baby died in the comics and they might play with that expectations.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 04:14 PM   #926
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Just saw the thread about Low Winter Sun's cancellation over in TV & Media. Hopefully this gives TWD the opportunity to bring back Morgan!
Old December 7 2013, 05:38 PM   #927
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I don't get why people think Lizzy was the one who killed Karen and David. We know she's got an odd view on the Walkers, but she's treated them more like pets or still "somewhat people" than anything else. It's a huge leap to go from that to savagely killing two innocent people and then burning their bodies. (Or just killing them, if we're to assume Carol is the one that burned them.)

Dude, she shot Alisha in the head! It's not much a leap at all.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 05:46 PM   #928
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
The blood is definitely a red herring-- no pun intended.
Yeah, I agree. They're capitalizing on the expectations of the fans who read the comics and thought Judith would die during this confrontation with the Governor.

While I don't think they actually would have shown the baby being shot on the show, I do think if they were going to kill her off it would be in a more significant scene than an off-camera death that is only hinted at with blood. They'd show whoever was holding her (probably Beth) get blown away with the baby in her arms and have Rick and Carl have to process that before being hastily forced to leave due to all the walkers coming in to the prison.
Old December 7 2013, 07:26 PM   #929
Festering Esper
Admiral

They should have shown Judith in the carrier as a little baby 'walker' (drooler).
Old December 7 2013, 08:29 PM   #930
publiusr
Commodore

I think the brrech in the tank could have stopped the hand grenade--sharper explosive, but less charge. Now if the breech was open, the turret might have been blown off...

It was odd to see how power flowed naturally to the governor--but the comic's had a nice blurb from Michonne about how what she was going to do to him scared her. I wanted to hear that line.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote