RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,198
Posts: 5,345,994
Members: 24,604
Currently online: 482
Newest member: LanCo96

TrekToday headlines

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 6 2013, 09:52 PM   #1
Captain Mike
Commodore
 
Captain Mike's Avatar
 
Location: Warren, Pa.
Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

I just recently purchased the Star Trek Collectors Edition and am offset by the Commentary section by Pascale and Lindelof...such BS coming from someone that is a fan and a writer that supposedly they both like TREK....BOTH got episodes wrong and/or the aspect of the story line,..almost makes me sick to my stomach
__________________
["Sweet Home Alabama" plays in background]
Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. ~~~~Garland Greene- "Con Air"
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:47 PM   #2
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Captain Mike
Commodore
 
Captain Mike's Avatar
 
Location: Warren, Pa.
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

BillJ wrote: View Post
You laughing at me or do you agree w/ their commentary?
__________________
["Sweet Home Alabama" plays in background]
Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. ~~~~Garland Greene- "Con Air"
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 11:07 PM   #4
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

Captain Mike wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
You laughing at me or do you agree w/ their commentary?
I just find it incredible the things Star Trek fans will complain about anymore. It's a commentary by people who had nothing to do with the film. Why even waste time with it?
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Captain Mike
Commodore
 
Captain Mike's Avatar
 
Location: Warren, Pa.
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

BillJ wrote: View Post
Captain Mike wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
You laughing at me or do you agree w/ their commentary?
I just find it incredible the things Star Trek fans will complain about anymore. It's a commentary by people who had nothing to do with the film. Why even waste time with it?
exactly...what did Dinglrdorf or Pascali have to do with this film,,to be offered a commentary ??????
__________________
["Sweet Home Alabama" plays in background]
Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. ~~~~Garland Greene- "Con Air"
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 11:18 PM   #6
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

Captain Mike wrote: View Post

exactly...what did Dinglrdorf or Pascali have to do with this film,,to be offered a commentary ??????
I'm guessing since Lindelof has ties to the franchise having worked with Abrams and Company, they thought viewers might like to know his thoughts on what came before. Pascale, I have no clue as to why he was included?

Still, I usually don't waste my time listening to commentaries that include people who had nothing to do with the actual product. YMMV.
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Captain Mike
Commodore
 
Captain Mike's Avatar
 
Location: Warren, Pa.
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

BillJ wrote: View Post
Captain Mike wrote: View Post

exactly...what did Dinglrdorf or Pascali have to do with this film,,to be offered a commentary ??????
I'm guessing since Lindelof has ties to the franchise having worked with Abrams and Company, they thought viewers might like to know his thoughts on what came before. Pascale, I have no clue as to why he was included?

Still, I usually don't waste my time listening to commentaries that include people who had nothing to do with the actual product. YMMV.
Hence Was totally surprised by the them announcing that they were doing it...I still have the receipt..probably will take it back.
__________________
["Sweet Home Alabama" plays in background]
Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. ~~~~Garland Greene- "Con Air"
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 11:35 PM   #8
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

Captain Mike wrote: View Post

Hence Was totally surprised by the them announcing that they were doing it...I still have the receipt..probably will take it back.
Is there something wrong with the movie?
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 12:06 AM   #9
Captain Mike
Commodore
 
Captain Mike's Avatar
 
Location: Warren, Pa.
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

BillJ wrote: View Post
Captain Mike wrote: View Post

Hence Was totally surprised by the them announcing that they were doing it...I still have the receipt..probably will take it back.
Is there something wrong with the movie?
Nothing wrong with the movie just their commentary on how they handled it, Totally got episodes wrong or episodes.
__________________
["Sweet Home Alabama" plays in background]
Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. ~~~~Garland Greene- "Con Air"
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 12:10 AM   #10
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

I'm confused.
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 12:17 AM   #11
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

BillJ wrote: View Post
I'm confused.
You're not the only one.
__________________
Is this where we come in?
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 02:31 AM   #12
Marc
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: An Aussie in Canukistan
Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

Wasn't there a commentary done by Frakes for the Directors Edition? If so it would have made more sense to actually use that than have one recorded by people who weren't actually involved in the film.
__________________
Gentlemen you can't fight in here - this is the war room.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 02:40 AM   #13
AgentCoop
Fleet Captain
 
AgentCoop's Avatar
 
Location: Chillin' in the Black Lodge since June 10th, 1991
View AgentCoop's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

It's a commentary track. One of several available for this film, IIRC. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You've still got an awesome movie in a great-looking format. That's what you paid for. Things like commentaries are just extras. Why would you return a movie for such a petty reason?
__________________
Two penguins were walking across an iceberg.
One penguin turned to the second penguin and said
"You look like you're wearing a tuxedo."
And the second penguin said "Maybe I am..."
AgentCoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 03:14 AM   #14
Captain Mike
Commodore
 
Captain Mike's Avatar
 
Location: Warren, Pa.
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

AgentDreidel wrote: View Post
It's a commentary track. One of several available for this film, IIRC. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You've still got an awesome movie in a great-looking format. That's what you paid for. Things like commentaries are just extras. Why would you return a movie for such a petty reason?

Already had it..bought the "Special" saying it i had "new" commentaries...Little did I know it was most a promotion for 2009...
__________________
["Sweet Home Alabama" plays in background]
Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. ~~~~Garland Greene- "Con Air"
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 03:45 AM   #15
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek First Contact Commentary...

Captain Mike wrote: View Post
AgentDreidel wrote: View Post
It's a commentary track. One of several available for this film, IIRC. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You've still got an awesome movie in a great-looking format. That's what you paid for. Things like commentaries are just extras. Why would you return a movie for such a petty reason?

Already had it..bought the "Special" saying it i had "new" commentaries...Little did I know it was most a promotion for 2009...
If it's the version I'm thinking of, it says on the back that the commentary is by Lindelof & Pascale.
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.