Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 6 2013, 10:05 PM   #211
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Re: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Starfury wrote: View Post
Garak wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
[She's almost the skinniest model/actress I've ever seen. She looks like she survives on a glass of water a day.
Oh my god if only humanity knew of a way to bulk humans up, like through vigorous physical activity combined with a diet of some sort.

If only something like that existed....do you know of anything like that? I mean there can't possibly be a solution to this mind numbing problem we're facing here, because I've never heard of anything remotely like that. Have you?
It's... just not as easy as you make it. Putting on some serious mass, some healthy mass is a real pain in the ass and it takes time - especially if you have to start from zero, hollywood trainers or not.
She was asked to bulk up for Fast and the furious, and she said no. So... :/
Of course it isn't easy - that should go without saying, don't be silly. If it was we'd all be nicely sculpted Adonis', a planet of healthy mass.
Old December 6 2013, 10:06 PM   #212
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

Almost every single picture I can find of her, and all the clips I've seen, make her look like she's about to starve to death. She's almost the skinniest model/actress I've ever seen. She looks like she survives on a glass of water a day.
You've never seen a picture of Chris Reeve before he was cast as Superman, have you?
Old December 6 2013, 10:07 PM   #213
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

[She's almost the skinniest model/actress I've ever seen. She looks like she survives on a glass of water a day.
Oh my god if only humanity knew of a way to bulk humans up, like through vigorous physical activity combined with a diet of some sort.

If only something like that existed....do you know of anything like that? I mean there can't possibly be a solution to this mind numbing problem we're facing here, because I've never heard of anything remotely like that. Have you?
It's... just not as easy as you make it. Putting on some serious mass, some healthy mass is a real pain in the ass and it takes time - especially if you have to start from zero, hollywood trainers or not.

What do you think steroids and HGH are for?
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:09 PM   #214
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Of course it isn't easy - that should go without saying, don't be silly. If it was we'd all be nicely sculpted Adonis', a planet of healthy mass.
Also, actors approach roles with their own ideas. She may not have seen a need to undertake a bulking up physical regimen for FF. It doesn't follow that she'd feel the same about Wonder Woman.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:10 PM   #215
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Source?
Old December 6 2013, 10:10 PM   #216
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Gov Radner wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
They didn't hire her because she's a known actress, they didn't hire her because she looks like WW (unless the person in charge has literally never seen and pictures of any version of WW)...
I would just like to point out: there are no pictures of Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is a drawn fictional character who for 70 some years has been drawn by many many different people and has looked different in those pictures over those 70 plus years.

So, again, there are no pictures of Wonder Woman. Just lines on a page representing a human being. An almost impossible human being.
Unless, you'd like to consider Olive Byrne for the inspiration.
That still makes my point. She was an inspiration for the character, but she ISN'T the character.

Lots of people could be inspirations for the drawing of Wonder Woman as time moved on...
Old December 6 2013, 10:10 PM   #217
Aragorn
Admiral

Putting on some mass isn't that big of a deal if you're in Hollywood and basically getting paid to do it. It's not like she'd have to find 30 minutes to work out when she's not driving the kids to school or working the 9-5 office job. Personal trainer, personal cook and all the time in the world makes things a lot easier.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:18 PM   #218
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Gov Radner wrote: View Post

I would just like to point out: there are no pictures of Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is a drawn fictional character who for 70 some years has been drawn by many many different people and has looked different in those pictures over those 70 plus years.

So, again, there are no pictures of Wonder Woman. Just lines on a page representing a human being. An almost impossible human being.
Unless, you'd like to consider Olive Byrne for the inspiration.
That still makes my point. She was an inspiration for the character, but she ISN'T the character.

Lots of people could be inspirations for the drawing of Wonder Woman as time moved on...
Lots, but not anyone. I am unsure of your point. If it's that Gal fits within how Wonder Woman has been depicted over time, sure, she's not unlike Olive I'd say, but that Camryn Manheim does as well, well no, I wouldn't think so.

As far as actresses changing their look, take a gander at Linda Hamilton between T1 and T2.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:25 PM   #219
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

Prediction: Sometime next year we are going to see images of Gadot as Wonder Woman, and we will be very impressed and excited. Why? She'll look like a warrior, not a thin supermodel. Also, director Snyder will see to it that her costume is quite close to what we know from the comic books. That was his approach when he made Watchmen.
Old December 6 2013, 10:27 PM   #220
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

If she's naturally heavier and has to work to keep herself so skinny, it shouldn't be difficult for her to put weight back on. If she's always been that skinny, it will be a big challenge and she may need something more than just training and diet.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:32 PM   #221
Skywalker
Admiral

You know, I'm pretty sure that when Christian Bale was cast as Batman, or Henry Cavill as Superman, etc., we didn't have a six-page thread debating whether or not they'd be able to get into shape for their roles.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:33 PM   #222
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
And let's not forget freakin Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil movies, or Kate Beckinsale in the Underworld movies
Must we be reminded of those god-awful franchises?
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:38 PM   #223
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

seriously, Seth Green in a wig would almost be more believable

ARRRGH!

Quickly, get me the brain soap!

The horror! The horror!
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2013, 10:46 PM   #224
sojourner
Admiral

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
You know, I'm pretty sure that when Christian Bale was cast as Batman, or Henry Cavill as Superman, etc., we didn't have a six-page thread debating whether or not they'd be able to get into shape for their roles.
Christian Bale was already known for radical changes in build for his prior roles and we'd seen him pretty buff in American Psycho. Cavill was already pretty big as well. Not huge, but definitely fit.

That being said, I am fimrly in the camp that Gal can get into the role.
Old December 6 2013, 10:51 PM   #225
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
Christian Bale was already known for radical changes in build for his prior roles and we'd seen him pretty buff in American Psycho. Cavill was already pretty big as well. Not huge, but definitely fit.

That being said, I am fimrly in the camp that Gal can get into the role.
But... I have a vague recollection that we did have conversations that where people suggested that Cavill was too weedy.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote