RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,671
Members: 24,822
Currently online: 536
Newest member: The Great Duck

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 27 2013, 07:02 PM   #781
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
These two episodes have been pretty useless. As a character study it is somewhat interesting, but it was just 2 hours of watching The Governor turn into the character he was to begin with. He could have shown back up without them and the net effect on the overall story would be zero.
Yep, definitely. This episode was better and more worthwhile than the last one thought. I was excited to see Enver Gjokaj in the cast but then...well.

I was disappointed with Martinez's decisions. He seemed a lot smarter and more capable last season, he didn't seem the type to blindly trust The Governor so easily, and his rationale for keeping him alive was weak.

Before this season I would have thought Glenn was safe, but now I can see him dying. I don't think it will have the same impact had he died in last season though.
My guess is they are paralleling the comics with the scene with the tank, although Herschel will be a stand in for another major character. My prediction is that he dies and Beth and Judith die. The governor will die at the hands of Lilly and the prison will be abandoned.
Old November 27 2013, 10:50 PM   #782
JD
Admiral

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I was excited to see Enver Gjokaj in the cast but then...well.
That was him. It also explains why his role was so short lived, since he's on Witches of East End now.
Old November 28 2013, 03:54 PM   #783
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
My guess is they are paralleling the comics with the scene with the tank, although Herschel will be a stand in for another major character. My prediction is that he dies and Beth and Judith die. The governor will die at the hands of Lilly and the prison will be abandoned.
I can imagine one of the adults being killed, so it would add greater pressure on the Glenn/Maggie relationship (marry while you can), only for the showrunners to kill one of the couple off at the end of season 4 or sometime in 5.

Someone mentioned Glenn as a potential victim...

Possible, but I think the drama of Maggie no losing another family member and leaning on Glenn (or becoming hard-hearted) will be something to exploit down the road.

Just one thing: on an early segment of Talking Dead, one of the showrunners said Beth's attitude toward loss/death (in the scene with Daryl) would be explored later in the season, so this might be a hint that she survives, contrary to the idea that she takes Lori's comic book place.
Old November 28 2013, 11:31 PM   #784
Caligula
Vice Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Just one thing: on an early segment of Talking Dead, one of the showrunners said Beth's attitude toward loss/death (in the scene with Daryl) would be explored later in the season, so this might be a hint that she survives, contrary to the idea that she takes Lori's comic book place.
Or, that she WILL die that way, and that it will be her sister Maggie who adopts said attitude just to go on surviving.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 07:19 PM   #785
jbny67
Commander

Sneak Peek from the mid season finale

jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 07:23 PM   #786
Borgminister

Ohhhhh crap.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 09:32 PM   #787
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

The the little girl just find the hatch to Desmond's bunker?
Old November 30 2013, 08:01 AM   #788
propita
Rear Admiral

If that's Maggie's kid, she isn't Glenn's kid. Pretty sure Glenn isnt gonna have a blonde kid.

At first I thought "Desmond?" but I could see this if the girl was named "John Locke."
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2013, 02:44 AM   #789
PKerr
Rear Admiral

I watched that sneak peak last week and I get the feeling that's not a Walker coming across the stream, I think we are being fooled like Daryl fooled Andrea, could that be the Governor without his eyepatch?
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2013, 10:16 PM   #790
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Mid-Season Finale tonight. Look forward to it.

My prediction:

I think, by and large, the main cast is safe. We may lose all of the "red shirts"/Woodbury survivors at the prison but I cannot think of a main character who will be killed off. Forced to pick one I might go with Sasha (debatable if we want to call her a main character, however.) Certainly safe is Rick, Carl, Judith, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie; Beth. Hershel and Michonne are "maybes" but I think will be okay. Tyrese I can see going either way.

But I do think The Governor will fall as the conflict at the prison goes south and maybe as the conflict draws in more Walkers, the Woodbury 2.0 survivors realize what they're being pulled into or maybe Not!Maggie will realize what kind of person The Governor really is and turn on him.

I also think the prison will fall and the episode will end with our cast back on the run off to parts unknown until February.

Last edited by Trekker4747; December 2 2013 at 12:58 AM.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 12:44 AM   #791
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^I agree. I'm thinking the Governor will go down in the battle, maybe injuring Rick in the process. The prison will probably fall--at least take serious damage, so the group will have to look for new digs, or at least prepare to hit the road again, by the end.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 03:36 AM   #792
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I thought they were on a roll after ditching Carol (dramawise, I had no problem with her) but these last episodes just sapped all the steam that was developing. Granted only half way through this one but so far kind of boring.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 03:38 AM   #793
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Holy shit!
Old December 2 2013, 03:47 AM   #794
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Holy, holy shit! Again!

Old December 2 2013, 04:01 AM   #795
jbny67
Commander

Wow, I have to soak that all in before I even think about commenting.
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote