Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old November 24 2013, 02:59 AM   #31
borgboy
Fleet Captain

Re: How the hell is Vic Fontaine in the MU?

Cool. I'm planning to do a DS9 marathon soon-ish, so I can revive my memory of all the little details I've forgotten.
I checked out the MU and regular Jadzia and Ezri profiles on Memory Alpha (ST wiki) and MU Ezri definitely wasn't joined. The info on MU Jadzia was more vague. They don't list her as joined or unjoined, while other Trills are specified, but she still is listed with the name Jadzia Dax, while MU Ezri is listed with her original name.
Old November 24 2013, 05:19 AM   #32
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

In the Mirror Universe, Jadzia was joined because Sisko called her Dax when he first crossed over from the regular universe and she didn't correct him.

In the seventh season, its mentioned that mirror universe Jadzia was killed, which is why mirror universe Bashir was more pissed off than usual, because they had become closer after the mirror universe Sisko was killed and the regular universe Sisko wasn't around to fill in for him.
Old November 24 2013, 05:51 AM   #33
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

Then again, there's no proof that the "Dax" in the mirror Jadzia's name was the symbiont. It could simply be a last name. Perhaps she believed the symbiont to be dead, and chose its name for her last name to honor it?

Or maybe, like I said, she just didn't feel like correcting Sisko when he called her that. She didn't like him much at that point, anyway.
Old November 24 2013, 06:43 AM   #34
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

^

Liked him enough to have sex with him durin' a commercial break.
Old November 24 2013, 06:50 AM   #35
borgboy
Fleet Captain

It seems overly complicated to assume that MU Jadzia didn't have the Dax symbiote when she had no reaction at being called Dax.
The intention seems to be that MU Jadzia was joined with Dax. It could've been interesting if they'd gone another way, such as having MU Curzon Dax still around.
Old November 28 2013, 10:15 PM   #36
Cromwell
Ensign

My own feeling was that Vic Fontaine's appearance in the Mirror Universe is supposed to mean that it's more than just another alternate universe. Instead, the two universes are linked inexorably and they mimic each other in certain ways.

It would also explain why the exact same people (genetically, at least) are showing up, and being given the same names, hundreds of years after the point-of-divergence (somewhere around Enterprise or between than and the Original Series).

As in, Vic Fontaine exists in the Mirror Universe because he's being a meaningful part of the Regular Universe.

That's just speculation, of course. Reading this thread has, however, given me the strong desire to go back and watch those episodes on their own as some sort of mini-series.
Cromwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 10:21 PM   #37
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Then again, there's no proof that the "Dax" in the mirror Jadzia's name was the symbiont. It could simply be a last name. Perhaps she believed the symbiont to be dead, and chose its name for her last name to honor it?

Or maybe, like I said, she just didn't feel like correcting Sisko when he called her that. She didn't like him much at that point, anyway.
od0_ital wrote: View Post
^

Liked him enough to have sex with him durin' a commercial break.
Well, this is the MU, after all. People in that universe don't seem to like each other at all.
Old November 29 2013, 02:08 PM   #38
borgboy
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

I'm not sure if this counts as proof, but the ST collectible card game card for Mirror Jadzia has text that says she's a joined trill, and her name is Jadzia Dax. I don't see any proof or even a hint or suggestion that Mirror Jadzia wasn't joined with Dax.