Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 21 2013, 06:20 PM   #1561
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Man of Steel into Darkness
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 08:04 PM   #1562
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

davejames wrote: View Post
Some possible new titles registered by WB:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111641

I'm probably alone here, but I think Man of Steel: Black of Night actually has a nice ring to it. And thankfully they're at least trying to come up with something more creative than Superman vs Batman.
Interesting titles. Man of Steel: Black of Knight just makes me think of the Martin Lawrence comedy Black Knight, though.

Out of the titles mentioned, I kinda like Man of Steel: Battle The Knight (which actually kind of tells you what the movie is about) or Man of Steel: Knight Falls (even though that hints that Batman will lose/fall in the film).

What I find most interesting is that if these are actually titles WB is considering then that means they want to keep the Man of Steel moniker and pose this more like a legit Superman sequel, rather than a crossover film. Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman would give equal weight to the two characters, but Man of Steel: Subtitle would imply Batman is more of a secondary character. It feels more reminiscent of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Which would be an interesting choice.

I think for the longest time people thought Batman was going to overshadow Superman in this, but if these titles are any indication it looks like WB still wants to push this as a Superman sequel but with Batman making an appearance. Which will probably please the Superman fans that were upset Batman and his universe was going to crowd the Man of Steel sequel.

Honestly, though, anything is better than Batman vs. Superman or some variation thereof.
Old November 21 2013, 08:12 PM   #1563
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Well those all sound cheery titles...

I like Man of Steel Shadow of the Night best, although I think it would be good with a bit of tweaking - Man of Steel: Shadow of the Knight

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 09:11 PM   #1564
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Some possible new titles registered by WB:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111641

I'm probably alone here, but I think Man of Steel: Black of Night actually has a nice ring to it. And thankfully they're at least trying to come up with something more creative than Superman vs Batman.
Interesting titles. Man of Steel: Black of Knight just makes me think of the Martin Lawrence comedy Black Knight, though.

Out of the titles mentioned, I kinda like Man of Steel: Battle The Knight (which actually kind of tells you what the movie is about) or Man of Steel: Knight Falls (even though that hints that Batman will lose/fall in the film).

What I find most interesting is that if these are actually titles WB is considering then that means they want to keep the Man of Steel moniker and pose this more like a legit Superman sequel, rather than a crossover film. Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman would give equal weight to the two characters, but Man of Steel: Subtitle would imply Batman is more of a secondary character. It feels more reminiscent of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Which would be an interesting choice.

I think for the longest time people thought Batman was going to overshadow Superman in this, but if these titles are any indication it looks like WB still wants to push this as a Superman sequel but with Batman making an appearance. Which will probably please the Superman fans that were upset Batman and his universe was going to crowd the Man of Steel sequel.

Honestly, though, anything is better than Batman vs. Superman or some variation thereof.
I don't think I'm going to like it either way. The idea of Superman versus Batman is stupid. Both are good guys. And I want a proper Superman film. No reboot. No origin. No return. No "oh I lose my power for half of the film" or "oh I become a bad guy for half of the film" story. And certainly no "oh I have to share the film with Batman/Whateverman" story.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 09:11 PM   #1565
CorporalClegg
Admiral

I think they should just call it Batman & Superman but not have the title anywhere on the posters/media, just the logo. It would be sort of like the Beatles.
Old November 21 2013, 09:31 PM   #1566
Gojira
Commodore

My idea for a title would be...Superman & Batman: The World's Finest.
Old November 21 2013, 09:50 PM   #1567
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Well all the titles are stupid. I honestly don't think they will pick any of the titles, but they are buying tg=he domains in order to keep people guessing, talking, and speculating.

If I had to pick a title it would be

Superman Batman: Conflict
Old November 21 2013, 10:29 PM   #1568
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

All of those titles sound like they're trying too hard. Just call it World's Finest like it should be. Put the title up in front of that combined Batman/Superman logo and people will get it.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 10:36 PM   #1569
Gojira
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post
All of those titles sound like they're trying too hard. Just call it World's Finest like it should be. Put the title up in front of that combined Batman/Superman logo and people will get it.
Argreed! With the logo you don't need their names in the title.
Old November 21 2013, 11:01 PM   #1570
davejames
Vice Admiral

I like World's Finest too, but it does have a very 1950s feel to it, and it also makes it a little TOO obvious that these guys are going to wind up being best buds in the end. And that we shouldn't bother taking their conflict that seriously in the first place.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 11:23 PM   #1571
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

I agree with what JacksonArcher said. Count me in as one who likes that they may be going with "Man of Steel: Batman Related Subtitle". Makes me think that we're getting a proper sequel afterall. "Batman vs Superman" is beyond lame anyway. A title like that suggests that they're sidelining any world-building introduced in the first movie in favor for some big battle between two popular heroes.

That said, none of the listed titles jumps out at me.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 11:41 PM   #1572
Mr Light
Admiral

Ugh. Just call it Superman vs Batman.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 11:48 PM   #1573
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Yeah and maybe they should have made a sequel to The Dark Knight called "Batman vs Green Lantern".
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 11:53 PM   #1574
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Bruce and Clark's Excellent Adventure
Old November 22 2013, 12:20 AM   #1575
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Yeah and maybe they should have made a sequel to The Dark Knight called "Batman vs Green Lantern".
I'd go even farther. They should have done a sequel to Batman Begins called Batman vs. Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew. It would have been much better than TDK, and we would have gotten to see Batman punch a CGI super powered rabbit.

I'm not even joking, this movie would have been awesome and better than the sequel we did get. Even if it had gone all Nolanverse dark/brooding, a brooding masked group of animals would probably have been hilarious.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote