Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 20 2013, 12:22 PM   #31
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Person of Interest Season 3

Hate that Simmons.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 03:26 PM   #32
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Well I didn't see that coming!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 06:09 PM   #33
Pavonis
Commodore

Simmons has to be a wanted criminal by now, doesn't he? How many times has HR been taken down, only for Simmons to slip the net? At some point he can't be a cop, he just has to be criminal on the run...doesn't he?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 08:14 PM   #34
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Damn, that ending just hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm actually bummed out by it. Carter was my favorite character. Though the clues were there about who would wind up dying (Joss reconciling with her son's father so he could take care of the kid, Reese's expressing his feelings for her, the "everyone's way too happy" sequence leading up to the shooting), I kept hoping it wouldn't happen.

I like Fusco, but I would have been able to deal with his death, especially when he would have gone out in a good way. But Carter is the heart and soul of the show, and the only character with any kind of really compelling personality. Everyone else are just damaged sociopaths or otherwise emotionally stunted in some way (except Fusco). Fusco is now about the closest we have to a normal person on the show, and while he's likeable, he's not the same as Carter.

I have faith that they can continue to deliver compelling drama and action on the show, but I have a bad feeling that Carter's death is really going to upset the emotional dynamic of the show. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, Taraji P. Henson will be missed. She did an fantastic job on the show and the fact that her character's death actually bummed me out is a testament to that. I wish her the best in her next acting gig, and hopefully we can still see her occasionally in a flashback scene on PoI.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 08:21 PM   #35
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^Yeah, I was pretty bummed out by that, too. I thought, "No, they wouldn't...." but they did! I didn't see it coming. So, judging by the preview, FInch is going to let Root join the Scooby gang? Kinda hope not; I like her better as an enemy. Still, for a network show, this is pretty damn good; it's managing to tear away from it's formula and occasionally surprise me.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 08:29 PM   #36
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

^Very well said. Far better than I could have.

Very emotional episode; I cheered when Fusco strangled that guy to death and had to fight back tears when Carter got it. That scene was just so well put together with the unanswered phone ringing and Finch standing across the street looking absolutely horrified.

I also like the bit where Root was talking to Finch and said Reese is not the first of his 'attack dogs' and the fact that Finch just would not let her out

Even Shaw showed, or at least faked emotion, when she was on the phone with Fusco; 'sorry I can't be there for you, I had to make a choice.'

Superb stuff. Now I'm just waiting for Simmons to get shot in the face.
Old November 20 2013, 09:21 PM   #37
Pavonis
Commodore

I'll miss Carter, too, but I think they can carry on just fine with the remaining cast. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a regular occurrence - turning over the cast. They might all be replaceable, eventually.

How many cops have been killed in the last few episodes? Carter, Laskey, and the HR detective under Simmons, at least. Then a bunch of HR cops wounded. And a judge killed in his own home! That last one has to be high profile! Judges aren't killed regularly.

And let's not forget that technically there's still a bounty on Reese's head. Will that point be resolved in the third part?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 09:30 PM   #38
Aragorn
Admiral

The bounty will probably be one of those TV things where it's forgotten by the next episode, sort of like Sam and Dean's magical healing abilities on Supernatural despite how many times they've cut their own hands or been thrown into walls.

Logically, if Elias returns to power with HR and the Russians down, he could cancel the bounty.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 10:11 PM   #39
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Wasn't the bounty only for HR and associated criminals? With HR 98% gone there won't be anyone except laughable subway thugs looking for Reese. The regular cops obviously let him go for his firearms infraction so there's nothing to worry about from the local authorities either. It's not a big deal to me if they never mention it again.

I do hope Reese takes some time to heal his 3 gunshot wounds, though, either in show or a certain amount of time jump between this ep and the next. They already did the story of Reese recovering, after the CIA shot him in the first season, so I think it'll be some amount of time has passed when we meet back up next week.
Old November 20 2013, 11:45 PM   #40
propita
Rear Admiral

Does Taraji P. Henson have other acting offers? After enjoying her so much here, I’d hate to think that her character was offed without something for her to go to.

Did anyone get a kind of wtf from Reese/Carter? I didn’t think they were a couple. Sometimes, I really like ‘ships on shows, even if they’re not in the script. Other times, I want the characters to not have that added to them.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 11:49 PM   #41
Aragorn
Admiral

From the sounds of things, she signed onto the show wanting a shorter contract than everyone else.

In an interview with the showrunners, Caviezel and Henson decided to kiss unscripted. But it doesn't necessarily mean they were in love, just showing some extra affection and appreciation in the moment.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 12:49 AM   #42
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Oh man...

Say it isn't so....

When I heard that someone was going to bite the bullet, I picked Shaw...

I so liked Carter.... man.

Here's to them thowing in some sci-fi and bringing her back.

I haven't had a death hit me like that since Jadzia died.

Old November 21 2013, 01:06 AM   #43
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Damn, that ending just hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm actually bummed out by it. Carter was my favorite character. Though the clues were there about who would wind up dying (Joss reconciling with her son's father so he could take care of the kid, Reese's expressing his feelings for her, the "everyone's way too happy" sequence leading up to the shooting), I kept hoping it wouldn't happen.

I like Fusco, but I would have been able to deal with his death, especially when he would have gone out in a good way. But Carter is the heart and soul of the show, and the only character with any kind of really compelling personality. Everyone else are just damaged sociopaths or otherwise emotionally stunted in some way (except Fusco). Fusco is now about the closest we have to a normal person on the show, and while he's likeable, he's not the same as Carter.

I have faith that they can continue to deliver compelling drama and action on the show, but I have a bad feeling that Carter's death is really going to upset the emotional dynamic of the show. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, Taraji P. Henson will be missed. She did an fantastic job on the show and the fact that her character's death actually bummed me out is a testament to that. I wish her the best in her next acting gig, and hopefully we can still see her occasionally in a flashback scene on PoI.
Well said HRH.

I don't know that this show will ever be the same for me.

I'm slammed about this one.
Old November 21 2013, 04:18 PM   #44
jayceee
Commander

A list of bad guys remaining (after HR is killed off):

- Vigilance (Peter Collier, etc ...)
- Hersh and the "Control" boss
- Decima Technologies (Greer)
- Elias
- Root

Except for Elias, these bad guys seem to be centered around the Machine.

Wonder if the rest of season 3 (and/or subsequent seasons) will end up resembling a long stretched out version of the movie "Echelon Conspiracy".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_Conspiracy
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 06:22 PM   #45
jbohn
Commander

Yet another explosive episode but I am also super bummed at the ending. The other shocker for me was the realization that Reese wasn't the first.