RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,959
Posts: 5,391,421
Members: 24,722
Currently online: 446
Newest member: Jadakiss

TrekToday headlines

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Free Star Trek Trexels Game
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

New Trek-themed Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Aug 21

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 20 2013, 02:22 PM   #16
jamesmc
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

I ABSOLUTELY approved this direction of the edit and I am eagerly looking forward to viewing the results, so that any notes I may have on the new cut will be implemented. Alec, Mark, and Pony have all been speaking to me throughout this process and in fact the process could not have started without me providing them the hard drives that we retrieved from the director. As always, I have the final word as the Executive Producer. No one other than those I mentioned above has any knowledge of what is being done with the episode. Patty has no information regarding the current status of any Phase II projects as she does not work on the show. There is no need for any of this type of drama and why I do not deal with it, nor get upset with it anymore. If it is not drama written into a script, I do not bother with it anymore, I don't have the time for negativity. Life is too short. On a HAPPIER NOTE, The episode was shot in 2k with a Red Camera and the entire edit has been redone so that it can be presented in 2k! another reason the edit needed to be reworked. Another reason for fans to be happy. Me I will be happy to have the show released and behind me! My Thanks.
jamesmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 02:59 PM   #17
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Loken wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post

Maurice wrote: View Post
You know I have strongly disagreed with some folks in the fanfilm circle but most of them have been very civil, so I do not understand this high schoolish need to get digs in on people you disagree with. It's possible to address matters without making it personal, surprising as that may seem.
Agreed, 100%.
Well maybe you should start making sure your actions support what you claim you believe and stop attacking me every chance you get. You edited out your attacks, but the day after your posts were deleted on another forum for attacking me you are back at it.
Actually, my first comment (which I edited) was one of support to you, Alec, pointing out how you had been quite regularly updating this thread about this edit for months and how silly it was that Andriech was raising a stink about it.

I will not comment on the "attack on the other forum" as you call it for the simple reason that it has nothing to do with what's happening here. Feel free to PM me if you would like to continue that discussion.

How about you learn to be civil?
By editing my post and not bringing up the other argument (as you have), I was attempting to comment in a civil manner here.

Perhaps you would do well to follow your own suggestion instead of leveling cruel insults at Andriech.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Bixby
Commander
 
Bixby's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Loken wrote: View Post
I think you will all be pleased as "Kitumba" really is one of the best episodes, and James Cawley's final episode, so it deserves a proper treatment.

Alec
I am glad to read we will at last get to see the conclusion to Kitumba, been looking forward to see the gathering of all those klingons. X-mas can't come soon enough...

The quoted paragraph above puzzles me. Wasn't James playing Kirk in the ''Mind-sifter'' episode as well? Has it been released already, or did I miss something here?
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 04:09 PM   #19
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

[QUOTE=doubleohfive;8914465]
Loken wrote: View Post
Actually, my first comment (which I edited) was one of support to you, Alec, pointing out how you had been quite regularly updating this thread about this edit for months and how silly it was that Andriech was raising a stink about it.
Actually you accused me of "bragging". I don't know in what world you think that is "support".

And since this thread was started THIS week, your facts are, as always, wrong.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I will not comment on the "attack on the other forum" as you
Perhaps you would do well to follow your own suggestion instead of leveling cruel insults at Andriech.
And in what world is pointing out that a person is no longer part of a production, "cruel insults"?

As always, you instigate trouble and then try and feign innocence. There is a term for that on the Internet, it is TROLL.
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 04:11 PM   #20
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Bixby wrote: View Post
The quoted paragraph above puzzles me. Wasn't James playing Kirk in the ''Mind-sifter'' episode as well? Has it been released already, or did I miss something here?
Well, James only shot a few scenes and he and David Gerrold decided to reshoot those with Brian Gross in the role of Kirk. As much as we all like James, he has turned that role over to Brian and is supporting him in reshooting parts of Mind Sifter.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 05:11 PM   #21
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Loken wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Actually, my first comment (which I edited) was one of support to you, Alec, pointing out how you had been quite regularly updating this thread about this edit for months and how silly it was that Andriech was raising a stink about it.
Actually you accused me of "bragging". I don't know in what world you think that is "support".
So? In my opinion that's precisely what you do. You brag. The point, which you missed (in favor of playing the victim, again) was that I was telling Patty to lay off and that you had been pretty upfront about what you'd been doing with Kitumba for a while now.

And since this thread was started THIS week, your facts are, as always, wrong.
Sigh. I've been off the board for awhile, largely becaues of unreasonable people like you. Fine. It wasn't in this thread specifically. But there are other threads where you have blathered on and on about what you're doing with Kitumba, most notably the thread where we last argued about whether or not Vic Mignogna would be credited for his work on the episode.

So, one fact of mine, not wrong. I wonder if maybe there are more?

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I will not comment on the "attack on the other forum" as you
Perhaps you would do well to follow your own suggestion instead of leveling cruel insults at Andriech.
And in what world is pointing out that a person is no longer part of a production, "cruel insults"?

As always, you instigate trouble and then try and feign innocence. There is a term for that on the Internet, it is TROLL.
1) This is the second time you have accused me of being a troll, an action which is in clear violation of the rules of this board. If we're including oblique potshots, it's the third time. You've been here long enough to know that you're not supposed to do this.

2) You could have easily made your point to Patty without airing Phase II's dirty laundry about her being released in such a low-class way. Professional production indeed!

3) I won't deny that sometimes I might be guilty of instigating trouble. But I have capacity to acknowledge it when I'm wrong. What you conflate into these paranoid delusions of grand attacks against you usually stem from simple questions posed to you that you for some reason are unable to ever answer. (your overreaction in the Fan Filmmaker Association thread, the bungling of whether Vic's being credited, etc.) In each case you swoop in looking for praise and when you don't get it, the only response anyone can get out of you generally devolves into some paranoid delusion about how everyone's out to get you, complete with over-exaggerated missives ("...your facts are, as always, wrong.") or petty high school bullying and immature tactics . Never in my life have I seen someone so utterly incapable of answering a simple question.

So, stop. Just stop. The pattern is tiresome. The arguments are tiresome. You are not above criticism. More importantly, just because someone offers a comment, critique or complaint about you it does not always mean they are attacking you maliciously.

Last edited by doubleohfive; November 20 2013 at 07:32 PM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:10 PM   #22
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Maybe you just stop attacking me every time I post. How about that?

We are all tired of your antics. You got posts deleted and you were almost banned on another forum for the same exact behavior. Maybe learn a lesson and back off.
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:24 PM   #23
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Loken wrote: View Post
Maybe you just stop attacking me every time I post. How about that?

We are all tired of your antics. You got posts deleted and you were almost banned on another forum for the same exact behavior. Maybe learn a lesson and back off.
1) What attacks?

2) We BOTH had posts deleted. This selective re-writing of history that you do is becoming quite tiresome also, never mind intellectually dishonest.

3) I was almost banned from another forum? This is news to me. CaptainAtkin (the admin of that forum) assured me he doesn't "pick sides" so I can only assume you are once again reverting to your pathetic bullying and scare tactics. Funny how, once again all these friends of yours who you claim to whisper with about how awful I am never seem to show up to back up any of these outrageous claims you make.

4) So long as I abide by the rules of this message board, I will share my opinions as I see fit.

5) Once again, you disregard anything else I've said, in favor of simply crying foul and playing the victim. Zero accountability for anything but praise. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by doubleohfive; November 20 2013 at 07:40 PM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:52 PM   #24
surak-toc
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

anyway i really cannot wait to see this, going to be a great episode and everything else that comes from phase II in the future
surak-toc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 08:33 PM   #25
USS Intrepid
Commodore
 
USS Intrepid's Avatar
 
Location: Dundee, Scotland, UK
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Very much looking forward to Kitumba. As to the rest, probably best to let it go guys.
__________________
Star Trek: Intrepid
USS Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 08:37 PM   #26
Captain Atkin
Commander
 
Captain Atkin's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

doubleohfive wrote: View Post

3) I was almost banned from another forum? This is news to me. CaptainAtkin (the admin of that forum) assured me he doesn't "pick sides" so I can only assume you are once again reverting to your pathetic bullying and scare tactics. Funny how, once again all these friends of yours who you claim to whisper with about how awful I am never seem to show up to back up any of these outrageous claims you make.
Well, since my name was dragged into this...

No one was banned from the new Starship Exeter Facebook group. I deleted a few negative posts, and contacted the people who posted them to explain why. That Facebook page was set up to honour the work of the Staship Exeter team, and not to give people a soapbox to argue about things that had no bearing or relevance to the Exeter films. The rule of thumb at that Starship Exeter page is a simple one: play nice, or go home.

doubleohfive: I don't appreciate my private Facebook messages to you being posted like that on the Trek BBS. Those were sent to you as a courtesy and should be respected as such.

In regards to Kitumba, I don't see any reason for anyone to post negative posts here either. People should be rejoicing about this film being finished the way that the Producer wants it to be done. The majority of people don't want to read posts from people bickering back and forth with each other.
__________________
John Atkin
Executive Producer
Yorktown: A Time to Heal
http://www.yorktownfilm.com

Last edited by Captain Atkin; November 20 2013 at 09:24 PM.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 09:01 PM   #27
andriech
Commander
 
Location: New England
Send a message via AIM to andriech
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Maurice wrote: View Post
You know I have strongly disagreed with some folks in the fanfilm circle but most of them have been very civil, so I do not understand this high schoolish need to get digs in on people you disagree with. It's possible to address matters without making it personal, surprising as that may seem.
I, for one, didn't make it personal. I posted legitimate concerns about Alec's editing choices - which is pretty much my right, since he is editing my story. Finding out here that he chose even 5% of Vic's editing choices alarmed me. I said nothing about him, just his actions as he posted them. I did later call his actions "ballsy" but that can be construed as either a compliment or a negative thing, depending on your point of view.

Clearly, I never indicated in any way that I had any inside knowledge of what was going on...in fact, I stated I could make this opinion about Alec's edit because I was not part of the producer's group at Phase II.

I appreciate Alec saying this is one of the best episodes. I put a lot of heart into writing it. JML had two rough drafts in script form - where he told the story of Kirk being sent in to try to educate the naive child emperor and stop a potential war. The Klingon culture was based on fuedal Japan and didn't jell with what we learned later. (this was supposed to be the "first glimpse" into the Klingon culture)

I changed it to a completely different story. And, clearly, I had to change the Klingon culture and history to jell with the feature films and TNG etc. In fact, this episode now explains what happened to the TOS Klingons to turn them into the feature film Klingons we now see.

Yes, Kirk still goes on that mission but - well, no spoilers. Things are not as they appear.

And I think that this episode has some of the best acting I've ever seen from James and Doc John. Maybe others, but those two blew me away.
__________________
Founder Childhood Warriors. Producer/Promoter/Writer/Costume Designer/Event Coordinator/Fundraiser/website design (formerly for Retro Film Studios, CEC, IP, Mystic Seaport, Dickens Days).
andriech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 09:13 PM   #28
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral
 
Location: On the USS Sovereign
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

What will be the video resolution when the episode is released?
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 09:45 PM   #29
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
No one was banned from the new Starship Exeter Facebook group. I deleted a few negative posts, and contacted the people who posted them to explain why. That Facebook page was set up to honour the work of the Staship Exeter team, and not to give people a soapbox to argue about things that had no bearing or relevance to the Exeter films. The rule of thumb at that Starship Exeter page is a simple one: play nice, or go home.
Thank you for clarifying what actually took place rather than letting Alec's propaganda continue to fester. Gratitude.

doubleohfive: I don't appreciate my private Facebook messages to you being posted like that on the Trek BBS. Those were sent to you as a courtesy and should be respected as such.
Noted. You are of course, quite right and I do apologize. However at the time Alec's assertions were being broadcast for one and all to see, I felt it was my only recourse to prove my point. As the original posts in question had been deleted, there was no way to reference them, either. To my knowledge messages on Facebook don't fall under any privacy rules here on this BBS, however I will promise not to share any future communications with you this way again.

For accuracy's sake, you deleted the comments and only responded after I messaged you to inquire why this had been done. This "I deleted comments and then messaged privately to explain why" is misleading on your part as that is not what actually transpired.

Last edited by doubleohfive; November 21 2013 at 08:58 PM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 10:34 PM   #30
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

And this, friends, is why the Polaris and Exeter people don't post much. Sausage making is an ugly process after all, and everyone's hands look dirty.
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.