Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 19 2013, 03:28 AM   #166
Nociod
Fleet Captain

Re: Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

Oki, thanks
Nociod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 04:50 AM   #167
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

After seeing last week's episode I went "It's 3XK".

Nice to see Castle predictability is still around.

Great episode, loved the song at the end "We will meet again". All that means is that he is not dead.

And I'd like to thank all the Canadians that used spoilers for the day!

Last edited by bigdaddy; November 19 2013 at 05:01 AM.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 08:30 AM   #168
Data Holmes
Admiral

How about the idea of serial killers working together... That's creepy. Perhaps there is a serial killer network, and they just pulled all the police files and evidence that the NYPD had on them. Who knows how many times they could have done this technique and where before, or again.
Old November 19 2013, 05:30 PM   #169
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Good episode, and thanks bigdaddy for mentioning 3XK. For the life of me, I can NEVER get that name right; I always want to go with 3BK or 3XL. What does 3XK stand for again? Next week's episode looks lame...
Old November 19 2013, 05:37 PM   #170
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I couldn't either. I typed that right after Castle said it in the episode. I call him "Guy Castle shot off bridge".
Old November 19 2013, 06:05 PM   #171
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

I think the "X" is meant as a multiplication symbol — he kills in groups of three, and is also referred to as the "Triple Killer". I can't remember if they called him that in last night's episode, but certainly in previous seasons they used both nicknames.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 06:39 PM   #172
Christopher
Writer

Yeah, I figured out early on that it was 3XK, and I felt the cops were a bit slow to catch on that the whole thing was orchestrated to lead them along a path and that any given clue they were handed should be mistrusted. I mean, the recovered photo from the first victim led them right to the second victim, the connection they found led them to the plastic surgeon, her testimony about when Santos left her office led to the traffic photo that connected to William Mapother's character, etc.

And that was the reason for the tattoo. It was part of the manipulation. No, it wasn't needed for the imposture and the theft, but that's exactly why it was done: to divert them from thinking that there was a practical reason for the impostures and rattle them into thinking it was something more personal and creepy, something directly targeted at them. Classic misdirection. That's probably also why the killer chose Lainie and Esposito as the targets -- because that seeded the false trail that it had something to do with their relationship. (Although I guess it could've been just that they were the only ones the killer was able to find doubles for. I was starting to think, "How many of these guys have doppelgangers working in the sex industry?")

What's interesting about the ending is that it's ambiguous whether Tyson is actually alive or if the plastic surgeon is merely taking over the 3XK mantle now that he's gone. Taking his police records could itself be misdirection to make them think he's still alive.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 07:42 PM   #173
SAndrews10
Captain

First minute in I say to my wife YOU DON'T HIRE WILLIAM MAPOTHER TO JUST HAVE TWO LINES IN THE TEASER.
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 08:22 PM   #174
Christopher
Writer

SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
First minute in I say to my wife YOU DON'T HIRE WILLIAM MAPOTHER TO JUST HAVE TWO LINES IN THE TEASER.
Yeah, but in this case I think they were counting on that reaction, since he was the red herring. Yes, he did the murders, but on instructions from the plastic surgeon, who may or may not have been working with 3XK.

Old November 20 2013, 01:06 PM   #175
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Kirby wrote: View Post
What does 3XK stand for again?
He killed 3 women in a week then moved on to a new city and killed another 3 in a week. I guess 3XK is short for 3 kills per week.
Old November 20 2013, 03:29 PM   #176
Christopher
Writer

^Yup -- as stated above, "3X" as in "three times," aka "triple," so 3XK is shorthand for "Triple Killer."

Old November 20 2013, 07:38 PM   #177
Forbin
Admiral

It's great that they have that kind of continuity, but I really can't remember the 3XK stuff from past episodes. Bones did the same thing with their serial killer nemesis, and by the time he pops up again, I've forgotten who the hell he was. Ah, age, you're such a drag.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:55 PM   #178
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

Forbin wrote: View Post
It's great that they have that kind of continuity, but I really can't remember the 3XK stuff from past episodes. Bones did the same thing with their serial killer nemesis, and by the time he pops up again, I've forgotten who the hell he was. Ah, age, you're such a drag.
Same here.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 08:30 PM   #179
Scout101
Admiral

Too bad that in CastleLand, photocopies and computer backups don't exist, and everything is stored in one place. Left them really open to this heist!

Come on, that plot point is retarded. They have have some of the original stuff, but no way it's not backed up, and if it wasn't active, would it even be local to that precinct? Why wouldn't FBI have either the original or backups, he IS a serial killer, and worked in places other than NYC. Kate doesn't have dibs...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 09:52 PM   #180
Forbin
Admiral

They mentioned the electronic files were wiped too, but you're probably right about backups. Then again, he IS the Ultimate Clever Nemesis.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote