Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 18 2013, 10:07 PM   #706
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
If the writers were trying to script flirting between Daryl and Michonne, it wasn't successful. Michonne seems far more comfortable with Rick and the actress more natural interacting with Andrew Lincoln. Gurai and Reedus have zero chemistry of any kind.
While I support the idea of Carol and Daryl eventually becoming a couple, I disagree with your opinion that Michonne & Daryl (or the actors) having no chemisrty. On-screen chemistry has to be developed, and not so predictable. In season 2, Glenn and Maggie appeared to lack chemistry, other than an (early) occasional peek, and Glenn acting confused, yet by the end of the season its all "I love you."

Give Daryl and Michonne time; of it is meant to happen, i'm sure the PTB will find a way to make it work.
Old November 18 2013, 10:14 PM   #707
Morpheus 02
Commodore

I see Glenn & Michonne more like co-workers or siblings -- they're both baddass warriors that don't speak a whole lot (Darryl has more one liners than speeches).

They respect each other & their abilities...but i don't see them as lovers either.

we'll have to see what happens how he deals with Carol. He may try to go after her, but then Martinez' camp might changes things.

I'm interested where the Governor will play in the situation. Will he turn out to be a "good guy" but maybe killed before his change is explained.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 10:32 PM   #708
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

shivkala wrote: View Post
I'm not sure I see the Governor betraying the family, but I do see their deaths driving him to become the man he was after Penney's death.
The telegraphing of the Governor projecting his thoughts of Penny to the new child were over the top, and if she dies, that would be a poor excuse for his returning to his season 3 roots, since it would be completely unrealistic to think he lost any of his sadistic, controlling behavior after his military wannabe disaster in the season 3 finale.

They have patterned much of his personality from Jim Jones, so a man of that nature does not do an about-face and become Mr. Nice Guy overnight, over the passage of months, or after a relationship with Penny 2.0.
Old November 18 2013, 10:34 PM   #709
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Awww... The Governor's got his own Clementine now.
Old November 19 2013, 12:24 AM   #710
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Pfft. I love this show, but it's characters are no Lee and Clementine.
Old November 19 2013, 08:23 AM   #711
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Give Daryl and Michonne time; of it is meant to happen, i'm sure the PTB will find a way to make it work.
No, thank you. Contrived and unnecessary romances are not my thing. As far as last night's episode, I thought it was brilliant. Morrissey is an outstanding actor; that's for sure.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 10:39 AM   #712
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

That was amazing and heartbreaking. And quite an unexpected direction to take the Governor. Worst PTSD ever.

I hope these new characters don't die. They really should have stayed where they were, since it seemed like a pretty safe area. Low local zombie population.

I'm starting to wonder if the Governor is at the prison because he was sent there by his former henchman, rather than because he's out for revenge.
Old November 19 2013, 02:26 PM   #713
PKerr
Rear Admiral

It was a good story but I think I would have much rather it done in flashback segments (the way Arrow does) or just cutting to his story over the whole season rather than stopping the main story to focus on a flashback for an episode or two.

Just one thing I wonder though, does the Governor have Walker repellent?
Those scenes where he's walking down the road and no walkers are bothering him and when he is burning down Woodbury standing there in his kewl pose, Walkers are just passing him by.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 02:51 PM   #714
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
This episode wasn't *bad* per se, I just didn't give much of a damn about it. Got a little more into it as it went on, but I fully expected the Governor to betray/murder the family before it ended. That he didn't, and next week focusing on him again, makes me slightly more interested. Only slightly though; it's the prison I care about, and I'm sure the Governor ends up betraying and murdering these people.
This is pretty much how I feel. I would like to see Carol join that new group, that would be more interesting (did it sound like Carol was talking to the governor at the start of that episode?).

I also wonder if that episode (and the next) are still a flashback. They might not be caught up with the show yet.

Last edited by bbjeg; November 19 2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: flashback
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 03:08 PM   #715
PKerr
Rear Admiral

bbjeg wrote: View Post
Kestrel wrote: View Post
This episode wasn't *bad* per se, I just didn't give much of a damn about it. Got a little more into it as it went on, but I fully expected the Governor to betray/murder the family before it ended. That he didn't, and next week focusing on him again, makes me slightly more interested. Only slightly though; it's the prison I care about, and I'm sure the Governor ends up betraying and murdering these people.
This is pretty much how I feel. I would like to see Carol join that new group, that would be more interesting (did it sound like Carol was talking to the governor at the start of that episode?).

I also wonder if that episode (and the next) are still a flashback. They might not be caught up with the show yet.
It was a flashback as the Governor was roaming for 2 months after he killed everyone on the road, he was with Lily and her family maybe a week or two? The current story is close to seven months after that incident.
Old November 19 2013, 05:56 PM   #716
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

How did the younger of the two sisters hurt her ankle? Did her girly-ness in the ZA finally betray her?
Old November 19 2013, 06:42 PM   #717
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
How did the younger of the two sisters hurt her ankle? Did her girly-ness in the ZA finally betray her?
She was clumsy from laying around her apartment for the last year and a half.
Old November 19 2013, 08:18 PM   #718
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

^That would do it.

I wached the episode twice and both times, the girl at the beginning sounded like Carol. Anyone else hear her? I have a feeling the flashback episodes will end with Carol joining the Governor. She didn't meet him yet but if they get together, and she finds out who he is, would she kill him or learn from Rick and not kill (which would suck in this case).
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 09:39 PM   #719
Mojochi
Commodore

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the Governor is at the prison because he was sent there by his former henchman, rather than because he's out for revenge.
You might be onto something there
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 10:48 PM   #720
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

bbjeg wrote: View Post
^That would do it.

I wached the episode twice and both times, the girl at the beginning sounded like Carol. Anyone else hear her? I have a feeling the flashback episodes will end with Carol joining the Governor. She didn't meet him yet but if they get together, and she finds out who he is, would she kill him or learn from Rick and not kill (which would suck in this case).
I only watched it once but as the voiceover was playing I turned to my wife and said "That sounds like Carol." For a while I was expecting her to turn up before the end of the episode.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote