Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 15 2013, 03:34 AM   #76
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: American Horror Story - Coven

Takeru wrote: View Post
Marie is officially the worst person on the show, what a bitch.

Zoe is still a moron, Queenie was right, Zoe didn't listen and now they set the Axman free, awesome. At least Madison's back, so that's something.
Can we officially crown Zoe the Queen of Bad Decisions?
Old November 15 2013, 05:41 AM   #77
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

In fairness, she did chainsaw the zombies (back) to death. That was something...

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 09:53 AM   #78
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She should have been able to compress them into marbles with her mind powers if she was the Supreme.

Zoe had to fall back to lumber jacking because the girl had a massive succession of epic fails at using all her many magic super powers including that cunning death vagina.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 10:51 AM   #79
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Thinking about it, after the chainsaw failed and she redeathed the zombie by talking to him, why do people think that was some kind of special power? She already has a death vagina, there's no reason her mouth can't be deadly too, if she is the one to defeat Marie by telling her to drop dead I will forgive every stupid decision she ever made, it would be too funny.

I think I figured out one of Zoe's ancestors, it's Rose Nylund, legendary killer of Frieda Claxton.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2013, 03:11 AM   #80
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I saw the latest episode on my DVR and didn't really think much of it. Apparently, the Axman reminded me of the Psycho Santa from last season's Asylum, except Psycho Santa was a much more interesting character. If the Axman was the manifestation of the devil, then why the hell did he get stabbed to death by a bunch of teenaged witches? And they didn't even use magic to kill him.

On a good note, I'm glad Misty was able to resurrect Madison. There's hope for her yet to be the next Supreme.
Old November 17 2013, 08:48 PM   #81
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Gah I had no idea there was a thread going in about AHS: Coven. I am completely in love with this season. Well, all of the seasons.

I could have done without the new axman addition though.

I am enjoying Fiona's character. I like that I can't quite tell how evil or good she truly is yet. She will do whatever it takes (including murder) to remain the Supreme yet does random deeds and acts of kindness for strangers and seems very loyal to her daughter (for now anyway). Either way I am completely in love with her character. As much as I loved Lange as Sister Jude I think this season's incarnation is my favorite yet.
Old November 17 2013, 08:50 PM   #82
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I saw the latest episode on my DVR and didn't really think much of it. Apparently, the Axman reminded me of the Psycho Santa from last season's Asylum, except Psycho Santa was a much more interesting character. If the Axman was the manifestation of the devil, then why the hell did he get stabbed to death by a bunch of teenaged witches? And they didn't even use magic to kill him.

On a good note, I'm glad Misty was able to resurrect Madison. There's hope for her yet to be the next Supreme.
My theory is that she will not be the next supreme and that she was murdered under false pretenses. But as you know with this show we have no idea.
Old November 17 2013, 09:42 PM   #83
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

If the Axman was the manifestation of the devil, then why the hell did he get stabbed to death by a bunch of teenaged witches? And they didn't even use magic to kill him. .
I don't think the Axeman was literally a manifestation of the Devil. He just said he was in a grandiose fashion.

The world is full of homicidal maniacs who think they're God or the Devil . . . .

Last edited by Greg Cox; November 17 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2013, 10:58 PM   #84
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he was speaking literally in the sense of being the devil incarnate, and yet he never seemed to display any supernatural abilities.

It looks like Fiona has found herself a boyfriend.
Old November 17 2013, 11:28 PM   #85
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he was speaking literally in the sense of being the devil incarnate, and yet he never seemed to display any supernatural abilities.

It looks like Fiona has found herself a boyfriend.
No problem. I can see the potential for confusion, giving that last season the Devil did show up in person . . . in the form of Sister Mary Satan.

But, no, I think the Axeman was just a serial killer with delusions of grandeur . . .
Old November 20 2013, 10:47 PM   #86
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

pic of Stevie Nicks on the set: https://twitter.com/MrRPMurphy/statu...589184/photo/1
Old November 20 2013, 10:52 PM   #87
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I’ve been afraid of changing ‘cause I
I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder, even children get older
and I’m getting older too
I’m getting older tooooo
Old November 22 2013, 08:15 AM   #88
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Not a bad episode on Wednesday, although it started out pretty slow.

Zoe is such a dumb witch. At first she wanted to kill Frankenkyle and somehow f*cked it up when he grabbed hold of the gun. When Kyle tried to shoot himself, dumb Chloe changed her mind and let him live. And now she's in a menage a trois with him and Madison, so all's good.

Alas, poor Spalding. We hardly knew you.

Looks like Delphine got her comeuppance when Queenie betrayed her to Marie Laveau. On a side note, I must say Angela Bassett is one helluva beautiful woman.

So what the hell is the Axeman? He said he's been watching over Fiona since she was a young girl. So that means there's something supernatural about him, and he's just too damned irresistible for Fiona.

Last edited by Gryffindorian; November 22 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Gryffindorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 02:17 PM   #89
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

So what the hell is the Axeman? He said he's been watching over Fiona since she was a young girl. So that means there's something supernatural about him, and he's just too damned irresistible for Fiona.
My take on Axeman is that he was a serial killer that was killed by the coven in 1919(?) and has since been a ghost in the coven house. I think this ties into the first season idea that if you die in a house, the house becomes a prison for your ghost. After the girls tapped into his presence with the ouija board and promised him release, magical mumbo jumbo with the witches somehow cast him into a physical form.

And he certainly has been watching Fiona since she was a young girl...as a ghost voyeur that lends a hand on occasion, like him pushing the shelf over on the bully girl. Being irresistible to Fiona, I think, comes from him seeing beneath her sharp, manipulative exterior and seeing the woman in private moments and in younger (and in her mind, better) days.

Fiona's arc this season has been all about preserving her power, vitality and appearance -- at all cost. In the Axeman, she's found someone that doesn't judge her, remembers how she looked in her prime, and, most importantly, is just as big a monster as herself. He would be a difficult prospect for her to reject at his point in her life.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 04:41 PM   #90
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
My take on Axeman is that he was a serial killer that was killed by the coven in 1919(?) and has since been a ghost in the coven house. I think this ties into the first season idea that if you die in a house, the house becomes a prison for your ghost. After the girls tapped into his presence with the ouija board and promised him release, magical mumbo jumbo with the witches somehow cast him into a physical form.

Exactly, he didn't start out as as supernatural entity. He was just a notorious, real-life serial killer. But his ghost was haunting the school until Zoe somehow "released" him back out into the world . . . .

FYI: some info on the historical Axeman, who was indeed a real person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axeman_of_New_Orleans