Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant

Saldana: Balancing Work And Motherhood

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 28 2013, 04:23 PM   #76
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile
Re: Downton Abbey ITV1 22nd September 9pm

I laughed so hard when Robert said he loved all his children equally .
But OMG Edith with no husband she's going to have to be sent away and force to give the child up.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2013, 07:16 PM   #77
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Yeah, they're really going there. I wonder whether she'll be dragged along to the US to cover it up or what else will happen.

I thought this was a great episodes with a lot of stuff happening. I really appreciated how they showed the racism towards Ross in a clear, yet subtle way (i.e. without any slurs). I had to laugh at Carson's ill-fated attempts at small-talk.

The scenes between John and Anna were also very good.
Old October 29 2013, 12:32 AM   #78
dg1379
Commander

Good episode for sure. I feel bad about what can happen to Edith when she tells everyone about the baby. I'm really interested in next weeks episode. I just hope Bates doesn't get locked up when Green returns.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 12:23 AM   #79
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Ha, that was a great way to end an episode, with Bates' stare of death. Looks like we're in for a dramatic last episode of the series next week.

The scene between Mrs. Hughes and Mr. Green was very intense. I half expected her to be the one to kill him. Oh well, maybe that'll be next week's twist.

I didn't expect the almost-abortion storyline. I'm glad Edith eventually decided against it although it will make her life much harder.

Despite those dramatic storylines this episode also had some fun moments, e.g. Mary's and Blake's night out in the mud. I also liked the Dowager Countess and Isobel bonding.
Old November 4 2013, 03:03 AM   #80
dg1379
Commander

I'm relieved that the dowager is going to be alright. Kinda disappointed we didn't get to see 1920s America though.

I also thought that Mrs Hughes was going to kill Green. That would have been a twist for sure. I cannot wait for next week. Pity its the last one. The season goes by so fast!
Old November 4 2013, 06:16 PM   #81
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Yeah, they should really get 10 episodes instead of 8.
Old November 4 2013, 07:30 PM   #82
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

I think Thomas might help deal with green. I just don't want any pork from downton once he's been dealt with.
As for Edith I just can't see a happy ending for her there is no way they can find her husband and she can't be a unmarried mother in 1922, so I can only see for her to be sent away and being forced to give up the child.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Old November 4 2013, 09:22 PM   #83
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter

I also thought Mrs. Hughes was going to kill Green. I was bracing for her to sudden grab one of the canes behind her and thrust in his gut. Not very lady like, but I felt her fury.

I was a little worried Violet would die from the bronchitis, but thankfully not. Just another round of her and Isobel bonding. The writers must know a large portion of their viewership would vanish with Maggie Smith.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2013, 02:57 AM   #84
dg1379
Commander

Great finish tonight. Some foreshadowing for what may be coming for the Christmas episode. Glad to see that Bates didn't do anything stupid, but maybe I have my own speculation as to what happened on that street; a "gentle" nudge perhaps? And I was glad to see Daisy get more screen time tonight. She had hardly anything this season it seems.
Old November 11 2013, 03:23 AM   #85
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Bates' answer to Anna was prectically admitting it, wasn't it, though? "I always have a good reason for the things I do." Like, you know, revenge. It did feel strangely satisfying, I must say.

Daisy's storyline turned out to be a lot more moving than I had expected, especially the bit with Mrs. Patmore in the yard.

I think there will be a lot of stuff that seems unsatisfyingly wrapped up now show up again in the Christmas special. I expect Mr. Green's death, Jack's and Rose's relationship and Mary's two suitors to play a role.
Old November 11 2013, 03:48 AM   #86
dg1379
Commander

I dont know about Green coming up again. Gillingham said that there were lots of witnesses to the accident so I think (I hope) that storyline is done. Definitely seeing Jack and Rose again, she wont let that end easily.
Old November 11 2013, 03:59 AM   #87
Count Zero
Decidedly something

I think that Thomas might find out about Bates' involvement in Green's death in some way and try to use it to his advantage. Then again, maybe the twist is that everyone just assumes Bates did it while he was really just doing something in York. It's odd they didn't show any of it.
Old November 11 2013, 06:59 PM   #88
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

Where the fuck is Gregson.
I bet the Christmas episode will take place after Edith has gotten back and she just carries on like nothing ever happened.
Old November 11 2013, 07:24 PM   #89
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Since this series almost everything interesting happened off-screen you might be right about that. It would be a shame, though.
Old November 11 2013, 08:05 PM   #90
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Since this series almost everything interesting happened off-screen you might be right about that. It would be a shame, though.
Some of the plots during the [current] series haven’t run that coherently because Fellowes has been writing his new American thing at the same time, jumping from one to the other. It hasn’t had his full attention.”
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...s-fifth-series
If he can't be arsed to do a good Job he should let someone else write it.