Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old November 4 2013, 06:44 PM   #331
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

The Seasquawks slogged through a couple of rough games against inferior opponents. Being able to pull out a win when you don't have your 'A' game that day is not a bad thing for a team to be able to do. This isn't college where style points matter, a win is a win.

This is where I've been at with NE most of the year. Good teams find a way to win. Yesterday ended as a blowout, but it was even midway through the 3rd quarter.
Old November 4 2013, 10:08 PM   #332
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

It's just scary...
Old November 5 2013, 03:21 AM   #333
Use of Time
Commodore

It boggles my mind how people take things so seriously.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tony-...gs-gif-2013-11

This columnist is most likely that guy at the party you have to explain all the jokes to.
Old November 5 2013, 04:31 AM   #334
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Chiefs are going to need to really practice, watch some footage and get ready during the Bye. I don't think Denver is going to be an easy team for them to take on and remain undefeated. At this point I'm sure we'll see the post-season it's just now a matter of by how much and if we can win the division and get homefield advantage in the play-offs. Come on, Chiefs. The defense and special teams can't do all of the scoring.
Old November 5 2013, 06:01 AM   #335
tighr
Commodore

How big of an asshole do you have to be to say those things to a teammate, even if you think it's just hazing?

That voicemail quote is pretty shocking. Way worse than what Riley Cooper said, not even a comparison.
Old November 5 2013, 06:25 AM   #336
Sheep
Vice Admiral

In Trestman I Trust(TM)

Under the previous regime, the Packers would have steamrolled the Bears by a score of 45-3 even without Rodgers, with McCown getting sacked a dozen times and the offense mustering up about 120 yards. Trestman really is the QB Whisperer.

As for that situation in Miami, even if Incognito's done with the Dolphins, some team in need of a new member of the O line WILL pick him up, he'll claim to have gone through some sort of sensitivity training, and all will be forgiven. You can bet on it.
Old November 5 2013, 09:42 AM   #337
chrisspringob
Commodore

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incogn...n-m-1457997230

Deadspin (see the link above) claims that the OP in this thread appears to be Incognito's father:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....t-player-for-a
Old November 5 2013, 10:57 AM   #338
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

Da Bears!
Old November 5 2013, 01:14 PM   #339
Use of Time
Commodore

tighr wrote: View Post
How big of an asshole do you have to be to say those things to a teammate, even if you think it's just hazing?

That voicemail quote is pretty shocking. Way worse than what Riley Cooper said, not even a comparison.
They've officially gone way past the hazing and have now moved into unbridled racist hatred. They have a problem there.

I sat at work and listened to a lot of sports talk radio yesterday and listening to all these former players was nauseating especially Golic. It's like every single one of them had to put out this disclaimer first saying something like "well if it would have been me, I would have hit him in his face, but um yeah this is bad." Yean, good luck on getting that culture changed NFL.

If you are a rookie, all that should be asked of you is that you know your job, put out the maximum effort in practice and stay out of trouble off the field. You shouldn't be expected to fist fight a veteran player because he is an asshole.
Old November 5 2013, 04:04 PM   #340
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Sheep wrote: View Post
In Trestman I Trust(TM)

Under the previous regime, the Packers would have steamrolled the Bears by a score of 45-3 even without Rodgers, with McCown getting sacked a dozen times and the offense mustering up about 120 yards. Trestman really is the QB Whisperer.

As for that situation in Miami, even if Incognito's done with the Dolphins, some team in need of a new member of the O line WILL pick him up, he'll claim to have gone through some sort of sensitivity training, and all will be forgiven. You can bet on it.
If another team wants him, the NFL will probably require him to take sensitivity training just to be reinstated into the league.

As far as the Bears, their 2nd string is as good as Green Bay's 2nd string, what with all the injuries both teams have.
Old November 5 2013, 05:16 PM   #341
tighr
Commodore

I did like the commentary last night on ESPN, which discussed the reasons why Incognito has been suspended and not simply cut from the team: he's in the final season of his contract, and if he was cut the Dolphins would have to pay out his remaining contract. But since the league has a policy in place for suspended players due to improper activities (with a 4 game unpaid suspension), they can keep him on the suspended list and he forfeits his salary. So it ends up being cheaper for them to just keep him on the team and not pay him.

Different tactic, same result. He's not playing games, AND he's not getting paid. Plus, since he's suspended, no other team would be able to pick him up off waivers, not that any teams would be willing to sign up for the negative PR right now.
Old November 7 2013, 08:48 PM   #342
Spider
Dirty Old Man

I'm not shedding any tears for Incognito, he's a piece of crap. Anyone who deliberately tries to injure other players doesn't belong in the NFL. It's brutal enough as it is without assholes like Incognito or Ndamukong Suh deliberately trying to injure people.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old November 10 2013, 08:27 PM   #343
Roger Wilco
Admiral

First time I'm seeing the Seahawks this year, love the way they're playing, very impressive.
Old November 10 2013, 09:57 PM   #344
Neroon
Mod of balance

What in Heaven's sweet name is going on in Indianapolis today? The Rams beating the Colts 38-8?!?
- Proverbs 12:20
Old November 10 2013, 10:01 PM   #345
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Neroon wrote: View Post
What in Heaven's sweet name is going on in Indianapolis today? The Rams beating the Colts 38-8?!?
Luck had his worst game of his career today. Absolutely shocking.