RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,234
Posts: 5,347,839
Members: 24,609
Currently online: 581
Newest member: chipper803

TrekToday headlines

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 7 2013, 07:25 PM   #226
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Arrow - Season 2

If Diggle is actively referencing Lazarus Pits, then he is a sleeper Agent for the League of Assassins.

Okay... Just trying not to die laughing: What if Felicity has been Talia Al Ghul all along?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 07:26 PM   #227
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral
 
Gryffindorian's Avatar
 
Location: Middle-earth
Re: Arrow - Season 2

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I kept wondering if all of the references to Oliver thinking Sarah died was a possible set up for the Lazarus Pits. Last season the thought wouldn't have crossed my mind, but we know now that they will be bringing in more fantastical elements, so it's seems to me it's not totally out of the realm of possibility now.

Has Oliver ever dealt with the LoA in the comics?
After Digg says "it's your funeral Sarah," and she replied, "it wouldn't be the first," - I thought that was another little reference to the Lazarus Pit as well.

Gryffindorian said: That was a kick ass episode. Poor Detective Lance has to keep the secret about Sarah from Laurel in order to protect her. But is it really necessary? If Sarah already revealed herself to Lance, why stop there? The family would be no more vulnerable to the League of Assassins even if they knew about Sarah's former association with them.
I think Sarah was more worried that if Lance told Laurel and her Mum that she was still alive they would be tempted to go and look for her, and that would lead them into trouble.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other secret Moira is keeping!
The assassin who came looking for Sarah already threatened to hurt her family even before Det. Lance found out Sarah was alive. And although Sarah said towards the end, "Tell Ra's my family is off limits," it doesn't mean the LoA is going to listen to her.
__________________
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Gryffindorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 07:41 PM   #228
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Arrow - Season 2

When the assassins name was said, everytime the assassins name was said, was I the only one that thought his name was "LOL"?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 07:48 PM   #229
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Arrow - Season 2

I thought it was Lal, Data's daughter.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 07:51 PM   #230
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Arrow - Season 2

Riker is a paedo.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 10:10 PM   #231
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Arrow - Season 2

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
When the assassins name was said, everytime the assassins name was said, was I the only one that thought his name was "LOL"?
Yeah, for a second I though Oliver was mocking him with that.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 10:57 PM   #232
kirk55555
Fleet Captain
 
kirk55555's Avatar
 
Re: Arrow - Season 2

That was a decent episode. I almost completely tuned out the past bits (and will continue to do so until they're either back on the island or atleast off that stupid boat) but I did find it kind of funny that less than a year after the accident Sarah was already a psycho assassin. I'm assuming it was less than a year, none of the island sections seem to have taken more than a maybe a few months for all of season one, although the present day stuff probably covers more time. She certainly turned evil fairly quickly. I did tune out who the old guy was who she was talking to on the boat and who I assumed was the guy who "recruited" her, but while I'm mildly curious I don't really care about what she was doing before she entered the present day section of the show. I'm glad she ended up telling her Dad her identity. I'm also glad that I didn't see Sin anywhere.

Next weeks episode looks kind of boring, but hopefully Diggle/Deadshot will save it from being as generic as it seems. I am still enjoying the show, but I'd say there have been some flaws that season one didn't have, and most of them involve the stupid turn the past stuff has taken. Hopefully in the past sections he'll be back on the island quickly, and in the present things will pick up now that it looks like BC is going away for a bit. I don't dislike her storyline, but BC is really kind of taking up too much of Arrow's time, and I'd like to see some stuff not related to her.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 01:27 AM   #233
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Arrow - Season 2

Right, because it's not like the (Black) Canary isn't a major part of the Green Arrow mythos, who deserves to play a major role in a show focused on Green Arrow.

I thought this was a great episode. I'm glad that Sarah told her father she was still alive. The stuff with the League of Assassin's was pretty cool. I'm wondering if Sarah leaving means they'll be taking a break from all of that to focus on other stuff for now. I'm thinking that Moira's big secret is her affair with Malcolm. It seems that would be pretty harmful to the claim that she was acting under duress. Was it ever stated outright that that happened, or was it simply implied? I can't remember.
I actually thought it was kind of cool getting flashbacks with a character other than Oliver. I'm wondering if Ivo connected to the LoS, or if all of the stuff on the Amazo totally separate from all of that? I got the impression that she wasn't recruited to The League until after Ollie thought she was dead (again), but she wasn't real specific about the timeline.
I also enjoyed seeing Sarah down in the hideout with Ollie, Diggle, and Felicity.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 01:40 AM   #234
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Re: Arrow - Season 2

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
but I did find it kind of funny that less than a year after the accident Sarah was already a psycho assassin.
There was zero evidence of this.

She certainly turned evil fairly quickly.
Also, no evidence of this either.

So (once again) you jump to conclusions based on nothing but your silly assumptions.
__________________
Is this where we come in?
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 01:55 AM   #235
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Arrow - Season 2

"My daughter is a killer, it's so shameful, I can't believe what a monster she has turned into. Sarah thinks that she is a canary, that's not true, a canary is a creature of light and hope, that's not my girl any more, she's changed, Sarah is something grim and dark, a Black Canary."
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 03:01 AM   #236
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: Arrow - Season 2

It will be interesting to see what Ivo wants with the deformed skulls from the island. Also interested to see what Ivo is doing and has done to Sarah.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 05:18 AM   #237
dansigal
Commander
 
Re: Arrow - Season 2

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
but I did find it kind of funny that less than a year after the accident Sarah was already a psycho assassin.
There was zero evidence of this.

She certainly turned evil fairly quickly.
Also, no evidence of this either.

So (once again) you jump to conclusions based on nothing but your silly assumptions.
Yes, these all seem to be poor assumptions. In fact, I think the episode made it pretty clear that she joined the LoA after Oliver thought she had died for the second time. The things we were actually shown indicate that the people on the boat in the flashbacks are not the LoA. Oliver didn't seem to have any idea what the LoA was. He certainly would have recognized Merlin's outfit, or wouldn't have been confused about why other people were dressed like him. The guy who came after Sarah seemed to be pretty high up in the organization and him and Oliver didn't appear to be familiar with each other at all. It also seems fairly evident that Sarah's apparent complicity with the people on the boat at the end of the episode was a fake out, or at least a partial misdirection on the part of the show. Oliver was fairly surprised that she was an assassin, and the questions/comments she made about Slade and Shadow indicated some sort of positive relationship.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 04:13 PM   #238
LaxScrutiny
Commodore
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: Arrow - Season 2

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
but I did find it kind of funny that less than a year after the accident Sarah was already a psycho assassin.
There was zero evidence of this.

She certainly turned evil fairly quickly.
Also, no evidence of this either.

So (once again) you jump to conclusions based on nothing but your silly assumptions.
So far we have seen that Sarah arrived on the boat, was brutalized, and then Ivo's intention was to use her in some kind of experiment.

When she next appears, Ollie is on the freighter, she is acting without affect, kicks him around and is holding a knife.

The connotation is that she is going to give him some more of those scars that everyone asks about.

It appears that in the time frame between the Queen's Gambit sinking and her kicking Ollie on the freighter, she has been tortured to the point of becoming a torturer.

This may not end up being true, but all points made so far lead to this conclusion, and there is no evidence of another situation.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 08:28 PM   #239
kirk55555
Fleet Captain
 
kirk55555's Avatar
 
Re: Arrow - Season 2

JD wrote: View Post
Right, because it's not like the (Black) Canary isn't a major part of the Green Arrow mythos, who deserves to play a major role in a show focused on Green Arrow.
Black Canary, Dinah Laurel Lance, the superhero trained by Wildcat and who took up her mothers superhero name, is a big part of the GA myhtos. Canary, Sarah Lance, the self admitted irresponsible woman who ends up becoming Black Canary as a result of becoming an assassin and spending several years murdering people? Not really part of the mythos.

Dinah in the Birds of Prey TV show was more like Black Canary than Sarah is. Sure, she had weird psychic powers, but she was a second generation hero, the daughter of that universe's original BC. She also was trying to be a hero and didn't kill people. While Arrow is a better TV show than BoP (although honestly I think that show is pretty good, even if it has some big flaws and is a bit to different for its own good), the Dinah from that version fits as BC more than sarah ever could. I need more than a name/somewhat similar powers to count someone as actually playing a pre exsisting character. Helena in Birds of Prey? Not playing any version of Huntress (Earth 2 or Post COIE) by any stretch of the imagination, even if she had the same name and shared some of the backstory with the E2 version. Ollie on Arrow? He feels like a version of Green Arrow. A kind of elseworlds version, sure, but I have no trouble believing that a GA like him could have exsisted back when DC comics was awesome. Sarah is like Helena, although honmestly with even less to connect her with any version of BC than Helena did with atleast one version of Huntress.

So, to me, sarah Lance is not a part of the Ga mythos. She's a somewhat interesting 2-3 episode subplot, but nothing to make a focus of the season, atleast not by herself. If it leads to an Ollie/Ra's confrontation, then I'd be more supportive. As it is, I'd be fine just seeing Sarah a few more times this season, but for the season in general moving on to different things.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
but I did find it kind of funny that less than a year after the accident Sarah was already a psycho assassin.
There was zero evidence of this.

She certainly turned evil fairly quickly.
Also, no evidence of this either.

So (once again) you jump to conclusions based on nothing but your silly assumptions.

So, a normal person would beat the crap out of Ollie for no reason, because "prisoners aren't allowed to talk"? I guess I just figured that was something an evil person did. I don't know why, but kicking the ass of someone who can't/won't fight back seems fairly evil, same thing with mistreating prisoners. Also, not actually being a prisoner herself means she's in league with the obviously evil guys holding Ollie on the boat.


I will admit that she may be faking because people are watching her or something, but still we know how she ends up, so its not too big a stretch to belive that she's already turned/ Plus, she might blame Ollie for whats happened, which could lead her to going against him fairly quickly.

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
but I did find it kind of funny that less than a year after the accident Sarah was already a psycho assassin.
There was zero evidence of this.

She certainly turned evil fairly quickly.
Also, no evidence of this either.

So (once again) you jump to conclusions based on nothing but your silly assumptions.
So far we have seen that Sarah arrived on the boat, was brutalized, and then Ivo's intention was to use her in some kind of experiment.

Ivo? Is there a character with that name in the past sections (like I said, I tuned out a lot of the boat stuff)? I really hope its not a reference to Professor Ivo, because if they use him I'd actually like to see Ivo the mad scientist, and maybe even Amazo (probably far down the line, after the Flash/super powers are introduced). Ivo the generic evil scientist would be kind of lame.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 08:36 PM   #240
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: Arrow - Season 2

Ivo may have messed with her mind. We dont know what he is up to or what he did to her for the months she has been on the boat prior to Ollie arriving.
We just dont have enough information yet.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
arrow, green arrow, the cw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.