TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 3 2013, 10:16 PM   #46
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: American Horror Story - Coven

I caught up this morning. Lots of good stuff going on (and by good, I mean creepy and disgusting).

Mom backing it up into Kyle, he responds with several blows to the head.

Madison is now chilling out with Spaulding. That should go well.

Kathy Bates is hilarious. "It says that Negro is President of the United States!" Now she's walking around in a maid's outfit serving the girls. Wonderful.

What's up with the husband? Cheating on a witch can't be a good idea. And the killing? Is he just messed up or is there some purpose to that?

And we still have whatshername out in the swamp, killer zombies at the door, and one seriously pissed off voodoo priestess.

You know, your typical American family show...

I'm enjoying this season as much as the other two.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 11:53 PM   #47
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Cordelia's line about the new Supreme glowing with good health is the key. The new supreme is Misty Day. When Zoe went to her to retrieve Kyle last episode, Misty was positivley luminous, like there was a light under her skin. Great lighting and camera work. Misty reanimates and heals. That's extraordinarily powerful already. It's got to be her. The supreme has to exhibit all powers, and Misty's already got the biggest one under control. She also exhibited clairvoyance to find Zoe. It's Misty.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; November 4 2013 at 04:21 AM.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 12:41 AM   #48
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Cordelia's line about the new Supreme glowing with good health is the key. The new supreme Is Misty Day. When Zoe went to her to retrieve Kyle last episode, Misty was positivley luminous, like there was a light under her skin. Great lighting and camera work. Misty reanimates and heals. That's extraordinarily powerful already. It's got to be her. The supreme has to exhibit all powers, and Misty's already got the biggest one under control. She also exhibited clairvoyance to find Zoe. It's Misty.
That's a pretty good theory.

The girls will all learn the ways of Stevie Nicks.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 03:18 AM   #49
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
They say, women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean you'll know
You'll know

Old November 4 2013, 03:32 AM   #50
JD
Admiral

Cordelia's line about the new Supreme glowing with good health is the key. The new supreme Is Misty Day. When Zoe went to her to retrieve Kyle last episode, Misty was positivley luminous, like there was a light under her skin. Great lighting and camera work. Misty reanimates and heals. That's extraordinarily powerful already. It's got to be her. The supreme has to exhibit all powers, and Misty's already got the biggest one under control. She also exhibited clairvoyance to find Zoe. It's Misty.
1001001 wrote: View Post
That's a pretty good theory.

The girls will all learn the ways of Stevie Nicks.
Yeah, I do like that idea. I'd been assuming she would play a larger role somewhere along the line, and that would be a good reason for it.
Old November 4 2013, 04:33 AM   #51
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Thanks. Now watch me be wrong. Still, with Misty's magic healing mud, it would make sense for Zoe to go fetch her if poor Cordelia's face has been messed up beyond repair--assuming mommy can't heal her properly with her supremeness still fading due to a new supreme still existing. Misty's powers seem the most productive. Nan can't the supreme if a pre-existing health condition precludes it, so her clairvoyance is the limit of her powers, and Zoe being the supreme would be kind of boring. She has a killer vagina and she can light candles. Madison could do that and she wasn't the supreme. Zoe's not good under pressure, to say the very least.

Gods, what a bitch Marie Leveau is to have someone toss acid on Cordelia because Cordelia's mother killed her lover. Deal with the mother, not the innocent daughter....but that seems to be her modus operandi. She killed Kathy Bate's three daughters.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old November 6 2013, 12:13 AM   #52
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Is anyone clear on whether there is just one Coven or there are many? It seems a bit silly to me to have there be a council if there's just one. In that case, presumably there are many schools and covens, each with their own Supreme? But then why would the Supreme be seemingly confined to this coven? Eh. Maybe I'm just flexing to try to make the world bigger than it's meant to be.

Now that we've seen there can be manwitches, I'm starting to think boy-next-door may be one. It might explain why pious mama is so pious. It'd be hilarious if HE was the next supreme. I'll be a bit disappointed if it's Zoe.

My vote is either the manwitch next door, or Misty. And Misty will be a batshit crazy supreme...
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 06:11 AM   #53
JD
Admiral

I was trying to figure all of that out myself. At first I had thought The Surpreme was the top witch in the whole world, but there were references in this one that made it sound like each coven has it's own Supreme. I was a little confused by that, but I'm usually getting ready for bed and tired by the time this comes on, so I've missed a couple bits, and I'm not at my most aware when this is one.
When you're asking about if there is more than one coven, do you mean are all of the witches in the world in one cover, or are asking if these characters are the only witches left in the world? I'm pretty sure there are more witches than just them.
Old November 6 2013, 08:18 PM   #54
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

No surprise here...FX renews American Horror Story for 4th season: http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/fxs-...-fourth-cycle/
Old November 7 2013, 05:33 AM   #55
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Praetor wrote: View Post
Is anyone clear on whether there is just one Coven or there are many? It seems a bit silly to me to have there be a council if there's just one. In that case, presumably there are many schools and covens, each with their own Supreme? But then why would the Supreme be seemingly confined to this coven? Eh. Maybe I'm just flexing to try to make the world bigger than it's meant to be.

Now that we've seen there can be manwitches, I'm starting to think boy-next-door may be one. It might explain why pious mama is so pious. It'd be hilarious if HE was the next supreme. I'll be a bit disappointed if it's Zoe.

My vote is either the manwitch next door, or Misty. And Misty will be a batshit crazy supreme...
Last time I heard, a Manwich tastes a lot like Sloppy Joe's.
Old November 7 2013, 06:07 AM   #56
propita
Rear Admiral

Sounded tonight that there are more covens, the council's emphasis on "this coven" being under their control.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 02:58 PM   #57
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

propita wrote: View Post
Sounded tonight that there are more covens, the council's emphasis on "this coven" being under their control.
And it could be that some covens are more important and influential than others. Being the Supreme is like being the Cardinal of Rome or the Mayor of New York . . .
Old November 7 2013, 04:20 PM   #58
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I'm still not convinced that Zoe is the be all end all new supreme. She can't heal. Misty and Fiona can bring back the dead. So why can't Fiona heal Cordelia's eyes? Her power is only regeneration of a dead body, but not specific injuries? It comes and goes as she is fading? Her bringing the stillborn baby back to life surprised me.

Queenie's dead once she figures out Fiona is manipulating her. Unless Misty rescues her. So Madame La Laurie imprisoned her own daughters and then they were murdered and hung by Marie Laveau. No wonder they were pissed off from beyond the grave. Fiona, Fiona, Fiona.....Myrtle is going to smack you down so hard once Misty gets that charcoal briquet essence out of her.

Lily Rabe just rocks the '70s boots. I love her.

Old November 7 2013, 05:53 PM   #59
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

I'm still not convinced that Zoe is the be all end all new supreme. She can't heal..
Well, she managed to bring the Teenage Frankenstein to life (with help from Madison). Doesn't that count as healing?
Old November 7 2013, 08:31 PM   #60
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Finally Zoe stopped whining and kicked some zombie ass. Didn't she use telekinesis at the end of her fight with the zombies? I thought so but I'm not sure.