Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old November 5 2013, 08:59 PM   #31
trekker670
Captain

Re: What do people want for the 50th?

MikeS wrote: View Post
A NuTrek movie.
A two-hour special similar to the 25th anniversary special.
DS9 in HD.

In fact forget the first two. Just give me DS9 in HD.
Agreed, and although it's unlikely (impossible?), I think a new "Star Trek: The Experience" type attraction would be amazing, maybe going as far as something like the Harry Potter or Simpsons lands that have been incorporated into existing theme parks.

Something with a story that brings together the various series' and various rides. Basically STTE, but bigger
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 09:08 PM   #32
Harbinger
Lieutenant Commander

trekker670 wrote: View Post
A NuTrek movie.
DS9 in HD.

In fact forget the first two. Just give me DS9 in HD.
Agreed, and although it's unlikely (impossible?), I think a new "Star Trek: The Experience" type attraction would be amazing, maybe going as far as something like the Harry Potter or Simpsons lands that have been incorporated into existing theme parks.

Something with a story that brings together the various series' and various rides. Basically STTE, but bigger
I think there was a petition to recreate Quark's downtown but that fell through so I doubt we'd see another Star Trek: The Experience at least here. Maybe if one of the major theme parks picked it up.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 12:45 AM   #33
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Isn't there that Star Trek them park coming soon in Jordan? It should boost nerd tourism by 1500%

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...k-2332247.html
Old November 6 2013, 05:27 AM   #34
Captain Jed R.
Lieutenant

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
A NuTrek movie.
DS9 in HD.
That's exactly what we're getting, and it's a hell of a lot more than Who's 50th.
Is it really?

Doctor Who gets seven episodes of regular series (a little over half a regular series in other words), as well as a docudrama, an anniversary special that's feature length being shown in cinemas in 3D with previous cast members present (and the special also has associated "minisodes"), and a Christmas special.

For Trek's 50th, we're most likely getting a film (which is either good or bad depending on your opinion of rebooted Trek so far, but it's still a film with "Star Trek" on it, so counts). We might get DS9 in HD in Blu-Ray but Doctor Who already has all the last seven series on Blu-ray coming out so that's a match, and we don't know whether there's any "two hour special" yet. Nor am I holding my breath that there will be one.

One day there'll be something cool in this signature, but not yet. Not yet.
Captain Jed R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 07:10 AM   #35
R. Star
Rear Admiral

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Isn't there that Star Trek them park coming soon in Jordan? It should boost nerd tourism by 1500%

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...k-2332247.html
As neat as that would be, Jordan's not a hot tourist spot in the world I'd want to go to right now. You have Syrians killing each other to the north, the Palestinian/Israeli conflict to the west and Iraq/Iran to the east. Heck the refugees from Syria alone are threatening to destabilize the King's country.
Old November 6 2013, 01:19 PM   #36
MikeS
Fleet Captain

A NuTrek movie.
DS9 in HD.
That's exactly what we're getting, and it's a hell of a lot more than Who's 50th.
Has the DS9 thing been confirmed?
Old November 6 2013, 03:20 PM   #37
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

A NuTrek movie.
DS9 in HD.
Has the DS9 thing been confirmed?
Only DS9 and Voyager have not been converted to HD, it would be rather stupid to have TOS, TNG and Enterprise and not do the other two.

The problem is they'll likely take a break after TNG-R finishes production, which will be sometime into 2014. So DS9-R might not even begin work until 2016, months before the anniversary, season 1 could be released around that time.
Old November 6 2013, 04:22 PM   #38
MikeS
Fleet Captain

So it's not "exactly what we're getting", it's likely what we're getting.

Got my hopes up then.
Old November 6 2013, 07:57 PM   #39
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Only DS9 and Voyager have not been converted to HD, it would be rather stupid to have TOS, TNG and Enterprise and not do the other two.
I'm not sure we're going to end up with either series in HD now. Sales have continued to erode for the TNG sets and the Enterprise sales look to be abysmal, to be nice.

But then, CBS probably made a mistake by putting TNG and Enterprise Blu-ray's out at the same time. I don't know who could've predicted that?
Old November 6 2013, 08:09 PM   #40
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post

I'm not sure we're going to end up with either series in HD now. Sales have continued to erode for the TNG sets and the Enterprise sales look to be abysmal, to be nice.

But then, CBS probably made a mistake by putting TNG and Enterprise Blu-ray's out at the same time. I don't know who could've predicted that?
They might eventually, but it looks like there'll be a much larger gap before they start any work on the other series.
Old November 6 2013, 08:18 PM   #41
BillJ
Admiral

They might eventually, but it looks like there'll be a much larger gap before they start any work on the other series.
My biggest fear is that they'll take the episodes and "up-rezz" them and release them that way.
Old November 6 2013, 08:22 PM   #42
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post

My biggest fear is that they'll take the episodes and "up-rezz" them and release them that way.
Given that they're "newer", they might just do that. Some of the work on TNG-R looks cheap and rushed.
Old November 6 2013, 10:39 PM   #43
BillJ
Admiral

Given that they're "newer", they might just do that. Some of the work on TNG-R looks cheap and rushed.
They did it with "Trials and Tribble-ations" on the TOS season two Blu-ray set. The result was rather shitty.
Old November 6 2013, 11:16 PM   #44
dub
Captain

If they wait too long we'll be asking about the 4K versions. LOL! But I'm going to keep my optimism about DS9 on Bluray at least. I'm hoping for an announcement sometime next year. I heard it somewhere on the internets, so it must be true!
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 11:32 PM   #45
Tracer Bullet
Lieutenant

Guys, Blu-ray sales are not the only measure CBS Digital is using to decide to move forward with HD DS9. And they will not take a break--I expect that they will announce DS9 on Blu-ray during the work on the S7 TNG set. If they don't, then yeah, DS9 on Blu-ray is probably not happening. But it makes no sense to take a break, they are ramped up now.