Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 19 2013, 08:33 PM   #916
Stephen!
Captain

Re: Power Rangers

Christopher wrote: View Post
DigificWriter wrote: View Post
As far as 'ancient Rangers' are concerned, there was never any indication that the warriors who fought battles against evil in ages past, such as the Morphin Masters or Merrick's ancient compatriots, were in fact Rangers.
I thought we'd seen footage of them battling in Ranger costumes. It's been a long time, though.
Apparently PRLG was supposed to have ancient rangers, but it fell through after Valerie Vernon became ill with leukemia.

http://deriksmith.livejournal.com/4099.html
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2013, 02:14 AM   #917
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
but thats probably because of using japanese footage
Actually, the battle won't entirely be reused Sentai footage. Saban had Toei shoot some footage especially for the PR version of the battle.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 02:42 AM   #918
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Will he get a ranger key?
Not that I've seen, but I'd say it's certainly possible. If so, I suppose he'd be lumped in as an extra hero rather than a sixth ranger, since the Sixth Rangers ranks don't include him according to GokaiSilver Gold Mode's armor, which I doubt they'd change just for him.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2013, 07:24 PM   #919
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

I just got (and watched) all of the Mighty Morphin Alien Ranger DVD (I got it out of order, since besides it I only have MMPR Season 1 Parts 1 & 2) but it was cheap and I knew Iíd get it eventually, so I just picked it up at wal-mart. It had its problems. Just based off of what I saw, they did not want the alien rangers fighting. I think the alien rangers actually punched something (not counting the rather stupid ďpunching airĒ moments to go along with their zord fights) twice, maybe. Mostly they did more of the stupid slapstick that the kid actors were doing. It was bizarre, because not even the very, very young kid targeted Samurai or Mega Force (from what Iíve seen of them, I never did get more than a few episodes into either) seemed to have tried so hard to not include any fighting. I donít know if they were trying to appease parents by basically eliminating the violence while the rangers were kids or something, but I doubt you could find another 10 episode run in the whole series with less actually fighting.

Most of the child actors replacing the main cast were ok. The only outright bad one I thought was the girl playing the young Katherine. She was a bit more annoying than the others, and frankly a bit hard to understand at times. Besides that, the others were usually tolerable, although Iím glad Billy became an adult again after only a few episodes. The alien rangers themselves were ok. I didnít like the general lack of action (and they obviously had enough Kakuranger footage, but they only used it in mostly nonviolent scenes, like when the blue ranger ran on water or the beginning of a fight, but not the fight itself, with a witch themed monster) and the whole twitching the heads thing was a bit annoying, but they were an interesting idea. The command centerís destruction is just as cool at it was when I first saw it, itís a really good scene that must have been intense for fans watching when it aired on TV. Overall, this was a worthwhile purchase, even if it wasnít the best that MMPR had to offer.

One thing was weird is that Iíd seen parts of these episodes before. I had an old VHS for years (I think it was called zeo quest). I watched it so many times that its practically burned into my brain. While I figured most of it would be on the MMAR DVD, what I didnít know was that the VHS was actually a compilation of the second five episodes of the disc, only edited to only include the Zeo quest and command center destruction scenes from those episodes, while editing out the individual plots of the episodes and almost all of the alien rangerís scenes. I always thought that the kidís zeo quests took up a few episodes along with the CC destruction plot, but apparently both were spread over about five episodes. It was weird but cool to finally see the full episodes, and it made watching stuff I knew very well interesting by finally seeing everything. The vHS also included their becoming the Zeo rangers, but obviously that wasnít going to be on the MMAR DVD.

I definitely want to get more of the DVDís. I have all of season one (Iím watching the second part right now, Iím on episode 41). I watched a good amount of PR on a local channel when I was a kid, but its been years and they aired it kind of weirdly. Iím not super familiar with Season 2 and I donít think Iíve seen more than a few episodes of Season three, so it will be interesting when I get to them. Iím also waiting and hoping we get Lost Galaxy on DVD sometime next year (I need my favorite series on dVD, it sucks to have to wait so long for it.)
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 04:18 PM   #920
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

The Zyuranger cast will make a cameo in next years VS movie "Kyoryugers VS Go-busters"

http://www.tokunation.com/showthread.php?t=63390

Abaranger(DinoThunder) has not been confirmed/announced. A trio of Dino teams would be awesome but I think it would be too crowded

This movie can have up to 26 rangers making an appearance

6 Zyurangers
5 Go-busters
10 Kyoryugers

Also a special special cameo from the newest team Tokkyuger's
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 08:40 PM   #921
cylkoth
Commodore

I always thought it would be cool if they could unite the 3 dino based series for a special or movie.
Old November 5 2013, 09:48 PM   #922
Christopher
Writer

I'm surprised there are only three. They seem to revisit themes fairly often. How many vehicle-based seasons have there been by now?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 10:43 PM   #923
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

I thought that in general, they alternate between vehicle and animal themes. Occasionally they'll double up (normally on vehicle themes), but usually it's one then the other, and even then the vehicles tend to be on a spectrum. Boukenger had construction vehicles, Dekaranger was police, GoGoV was rescue, etc.

Not that we see them for long, since as soon as they're introduced we get the big robot they all join into, rendering the individual components pretty much redundant. One wonders why no one ever just LEAVES the giant mecha in one piece and deploys it that way each time, instead of wasting precious seconds transforming while the bad guy always stands and watches without doing anything...

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 12:11 AM   #924
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

I'm surprised there are only three. They seem to revisit themes fairly often. How many vehicle-based seasons have there been by now?
Again, only three: Turboranger, Carranger (Turbo), and Go-onger (RPM).
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 01:48 AM   #925
Christopher
Writer

^Umm, no, those were the specifically car-themed ones, but as Mark said, we've also seen ones based on rescue vehicles, police vehicles, and construction vehicles -- not to mention the odd spaceship or timeship theme. Heck, isn't next year's Sentai supposed to be based on trains?

Old November 6 2013, 02:17 PM   #926
Stephen!
Captain

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Not that we see them for long, since as soon as they're introduced we get the big robot they all join into, rendering the individual components pretty much redundant.
With the exceptions of the Shogun Zords, Super Zeo Zords and Rescue Zords, which fought independently quite frequently.

One wonders why no one ever just LEAVES the giant mecha in one piece and deploys it that way each time
Zeo did that. The completed Super Zeo Megazord is launched out of the holding bay cannon in "Another Song and Dance" and "Rangers of Two Worlds" part 2.

In some cases, it's probably impractical if the storage facility isn't large enough to accomodate a fully assembled robot, or it makes it easier to be hijacked, such as what happened with the Lifeforce Megazord in PRLR.

instead of wasting precious seconds transforming while the bad guy always stands and watches without doing anything...
Pirantishead being an exception. Although granted, that was more of a plot device for "The Mutiny" part 1.
Old November 6 2013, 02:23 PM   #927
Stephen!
Captain

Heck, isn't next year's Sentai supposed to be based on trains?
Maybe. Although sometimes speculation can be way off. These are drawings that people thought would be used for Goseiger (Megaforce)

Old November 6 2013, 02:55 PM   #928
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

One wonders why no one ever just LEAVES the giant mecha in one piece and deploys it that way each time, instead of wasting precious seconds transforming while the bad guy always stands and watches without doing anything...

Mark

In Go-busters they left their ultimate mech that comprised the five team members machines inside the hanger.
Old November 6 2013, 03:35 PM   #929
Christopher
Writer

Stephen! wrote: View Post
These are drawings that people thought would be used for Goseiger (Megaforce)

The Power Rangers of Vulcan! "It's logic time!"

Or, wait a minute, are those bat heads on their belt buckles? Maybe they were supposed to be the Power Rangers of Gotham City instead...

Old November 6 2013, 04:40 PM   #930
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

It was cats on the belt

Sometimes these pictures are just Japanese fans trolling Western fans because well we believe anything lol

You can view sentai rumors and early images back to 2002.

I contributed a few images I collected over the years. I'm Gold Samurai

http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/2009...sentai_20.html

Someone describing what they saw of Gekiranger/Jungle Fury before it was publicly revealed