Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 30 2013, 04:50 AM   #106
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

Vulture Capitalist wrote: View Post
Whatever happened to him anyway? He was all mwa-ha-ha evil and framing Ruby for murder and seemed to be heading towards recurring villain territory and then... poof, vanished.

Anyway, really enjoyed this episode, glad to get Hook's backstory and some focus on him. Agreed on not being sure what world he's from, but I'm curious how he ended up in Pan's "service" for a long time - how did he get back to Neverland and why? His whole "yarr we're pirates now because the King is evil!!!" was... a little thin, but well-done.
King Charmless was locked up for his murder back in S2. He's still in a jail cell somewhere.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 05:00 AM   #107
JD
Admiral

That was King George, and I don't think we did see him again after that. The actor that played him reprised an old recurring role he had on NCIS towards the end of the season, so that might be why we didn't see him on OUAT again.
As for the episode, I really enjoyed it. Hook's backstory was interesting, and the stuff with him and Charming was good. I'm glad that they already resolved the whole thing with Charming being poisoned, I hate when the drag out forever.

EDIT: Oops, Anwar beat me to the answer about George. I forgot about him being arrested.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 05:02 AM   #108
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
Good point, though. How did Hook and company get back to Neverland? My guess would be he gained possession of the giant beans that opened portals between worlds. That's how Cora and Hook ended up in Storybrooke last season.
Ahh, that would work, and we know the beans would allow the Jolly Roger to cross over as well.

Anwar wrote: View Post
King Charmless was locked up for his murder back in S2. He's still in a jail cell somewhere.
Oh right.
Old November 4 2013, 04:43 AM   #109
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Who's in the other box?

Its not Rumple, we had that confirmed tonight.

Is it someone we know, like the real Belle?

or...

Is it someone we just met, like Ariel?

or...

Is it someone we haven't met, like Tiger Lily?

or...

Inquiring minds, want to know.
Old November 4 2013, 04:54 AM   #110
stj
Rear Admiral

"You come to a two thousand year old octopus for answers and you blame me for your troubles?"

There are some new tricks in this old dog yet.

The Evil Queen Rulz!
Old November 4 2013, 06:14 AM   #111
SamhainLikeYou
Vice Admiral

The actress who played Ariel kinda looked like Amy Adams. I must've watched The Little Mermaid a million times when I was a teen, but even then I should've realized I was gay. Too bad Ariel didn't really have a happy ending with Eric, but Regina did one hell of a good impression of Ursula!

Good episode tonight. The cave scene revealed a lot of secrets. Now we know Hook is genuinely in love with Emma; Snow wants another baby; and Emma was kinda hoping Neal wasn't really alive. That's harsh!
Old November 4 2013, 06:19 AM   #112
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
Emma was kinda hoping Neal wasn't really alive. That's harsh!
Out of fear.
Old November 4 2013, 06:32 AM   #113
JD
Admiral

Yeah, it was kind of nice seeing everybody actually open up and admit all of that. I really enjoyed both storylines this week. I've been looking forward to their Little Mermaid and it didn't disappoint. As for Ariel's happy ending, I think they end showed that her story isn't over yet. I'm pretty sure she'll get her happy ending before her arc is over, whether it'll stick is another story.
Old November 4 2013, 07:23 AM   #114
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Ariel is a recurring character, since she'll be back next week in Storybrooke. So she might get a happy ending after all if she runs into Eric there. Eric and Snow White were contemporaries, so he should still be around too.

Nice they kept Ursula as a separate character at the very end, they fooled us with the "Regina is Ursula" thing.

I've seen the actress playing Ariel since I was a kid, since she was on "Are you Afraid of the Dark" in the early to mid 90s.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 09:11 AM   #115
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

And Six seasons of Reba.

Every day, Scarlett Pommers her TV sister would wake up from her nap screaming "Jo, Joanna, Joanna, promise me, please promise that no matter how bad it gets that you will never do Star Trek... It will destroy you."

Good lord, you go back far eough and she was in a third of Freaks and Geeks... That's TV Royalty almost.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 03:48 PM   #116
FreezeC77
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
And Six seasons of Reba.

Every day, Scarlett Pommers her TV sister would wake up from her nap screaming "Jo, Joanna, Joanna, promise me, please promise that no matter how bad it gets that you will never do Star Trek... It will destroy you."
Well she did do Seaquest so she survived worse. She was the girl in an episode where they went a couple hundred years into the future and humanity was wiped out and all everyone did was play a virtual reality game or something.

I kinda thought it was going to be Ariel in the box, so now that it's not her makes me wonder who is in there. I guess it could be someone with a connection to a character on the island and given that Pan has made mention of Rumple's Father it's making me wonder if that is who is in the box.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 04:01 PM   #117
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I missed 2-3 episodes and watched last night's, nice to see i missed nothing!
Old November 4 2013, 04:24 PM   #118
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
When Regina complained about sitting around and their need to get going, my thought was 'right there with ya.'

This storyline has about four episodes of material that they are stretching out over ten episodes.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 04:41 PM   #119
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
When Regina complained about sitting around and their need to get going, my thought was 'right there with ya.'

This storyline has about four episodes of material that they are stretching out over ten episodes.
I know it's the writers of LOST, but even on LOST they walked around an island faster than this.

It's clear they had maybe three episodes worth of material but need it to fit 11 episodes. It's to the point I wish they just did whole episodes in Storybrook. Even nothing happening there would be more exciting than fighting happening on an island.
Old November 4 2013, 07:15 PM   #120
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Been waiting for Ariel to show up since season 1! Liked it a lot, especially with the Regina as Ursula thing, although the real Ursula showing up looked a little dodgy. I liked the reveal of Belle being Pan's shadow too, and enjoyed the scene where they opened up to each other.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote