Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 2 2013, 05:05 AM   #46
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: The Blacklist

I have a serious crush on Red. Granted, that may just be my admiration for James Spader shining through, but Red is awesome. Yes, he's manipulating things, and he's in it, at least partly, for himself, but the way he conducts business is just smooth, and I do believe he is looking out for Elizabeth. I could be way off, but I'm of the opinion that Red keeps his word because his word is his business; you lose that, you lose everything.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 05:12 AM   #47
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I just saw the episode he throw the guy in the Breaking Bad chemicals and melted him alive. It was awesome. I love him too.
Old November 2 2013, 05:30 AM   #48
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I just saw the episode he throw the guy in the Breaking Bad chemicals and melted him alive. It was awesome. I love him too.
That was crazy! While I wouldn't do anything like that (I feel guilty just yelling at someone for something), Red has no compunctions to doing it. He's not necessarily a good guy, but he's not a bad guy either. He's that quasi-shades of gray kind of guy, who looks out for number one, but does tend to help people on the side when it suits him.

Old November 2 2013, 05:46 AM   #49
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I think he is somewhat a better guy than the FBI wants to make him out to be, we just don't know his backstory.

It's not like he goes after every "bad guy" on the show, this one clearly killed someone he cares about a lot, and he took revenge on the guy because he deserves it.

But it was so awesome!
Old November 2 2013, 11:19 AM   #50
lurok
Commodore

Serial thread killer wrote: View Post
I think when they are following people instead of talking into their sleeves they should use mobile phones or radios that look like phones then they might not get spotted so often.
I must admit I love that too .

"They made me...."

Yeah dude, you were talking up your sleeve with a finger in your ear.

(see also Homeland, Agents of SHIELD et al)
Old November 5 2013, 07:50 AM   #51
Santa Claus
Believe

I think he is somewhat a better guy than the FBI wants to make him out to be, we just don't know his backstory.

It's not like he goes after every "bad guy" on the show, this one clearly killed someone he cares about a lot, and he took revenge on the guy because he deserves it.

But it was so awesome!
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like Raymond or not, but I can say with complete honesty that I like him better than anyone working for the FBI. They're just by-the-book, robotic, legalistic, and emotionless. Red's the only one who acts like he's human.

Old November 5 2013, 04:28 PM   #52
Borgminister

He's as hammy as William Shatner. But impossible not to watch. Interesting episode. Funny, the girl playing the female FBI agent in Red's flashback emoted more in that one scene than the grown up version. Although she's getting better.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 05:34 PM   #53
stj
Rear Admiral

I've realized I'm mentally substituting Rachel Nichols for Megan Boone. I can't explain the neurophysiology but I think it's improving the show for me.
Old November 5 2013, 09:38 PM   #54
ToysOnLayAway
Rear Admiral

Minor observation: Last night's episode was written by J R Orci, had a plot not unlike a Fringe episode and even contained the phrase "fringe science." Cute.

Beyond that, I'm still watching the show for Spader. I'm also starting to wonder if the shows characters are somehow intentionally presented as a bit bland to separate them from Spader's distantly charming super villain who is only more interesting by contrast.
Old November 5 2013, 09:52 PM   #55
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Losing will to watch.

I need a twist.

Rachel Nichols in the Inside, a clone of Criminal Minds, was a thousand times better than this.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 12:10 AM   #56
sojourner
Admiral

Borgminister wrote: View Post
He's as hammy as William Shatner. But impossible not to watch. Interesting episode. Funny, the girl playing the female FBI agent in Red's flashback emoted more in that one scene than the grown up version. Although she's getting better.
Are you talking about the little girl playing in the yard? We have no proof yet that the little girl in the flash back is the main character FBI lady as of yet.
Old November 6 2013, 01:49 AM   #57
Aldo
Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Are you talking about the little girl playing in the yard? We have no proof yet that the little girl in the flash back is the main character FBI lady as of yet.
Exactly, but you know a lot of people are going to assume it's her until told otherwise.

At this moment, I'm more interested in who the guys are who are spying on Lizzy's husband. He may not work for the Russians like they thought last episode, but he definitely works for someone.
Old November 6 2013, 02:05 AM   #58
Borgminister

Aldo wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Exactly, but you know a lot of people are going to assume it's her until told otherwise.

At this moment, I'm more interested in who the guys are who are spying on Lizzy's husband. He may not work for the Russians like they thought last episode, but he definitely works for someone.
Got to watch out about assuming, as the saying goes...

Hopefully they do have a road map of sorts though.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 02:51 AM   #59
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post

But it was so awesome!
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like Raymond or not, but I can say with complete honesty that I like him better than anyone working for the FBI. They're just by-the-book, robotic, legalistic, and emotionless. Red's the only one who acts like he's human.

I agree, the FBI does things because someone else told them to. He just seems to do his own thing, most people he gets they to go to jail, however if they are really really bad, or killed someone he knows, he kills them. I don't fault him for that.
Old November 6 2013, 04:52 AM   #60
Aldo
Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post

But it was so awesome!

I agree, the FBI does things because someone else told them to. He just seems to do his own thing, most people he gets they to go to jail, however if they are really really bad, or killed someone he knows, he kills them. I don't fault him for that.
Hopefully if the series is able to carry on for any length of time, maybe we'll see Agent Keane become more and more influenced by Red until she's a mirror of him, only working for the FBI. I'd like her character to enter into some kind of grey area, because as you said everyone working at the FBI right now is pretty much "by the book" goody goody types.