RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,695
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 480
Newest member: 713brianp27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old October 28 2013, 07:45 PM   #16
StCoop
Commodore

Re: AudioGo Going, Going, Gone?

Well that's the end of that:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/au...istration.html

So I guess we'll have to hope that Big Finish will be allowed to sell the download version of the last part of Destiny.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2013, 09:01 PM   #17
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

StCoop wrote: View Post
Well that's the end of that:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/au...istration.html

So I guess we'll have to hope that Big Finish will be allowed to sell the download version of the last part of Destiny.
Crazy. A real shame for the people losing their jobs, but how could you not make money with the BBC catalogue at your disposal.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 09:06 AM   #18
FreddyE
Commander

Pindar wrote: View Post
Crazy. A real shame for the people losing their jobs, but how could you not make money with the BBC catalogue at your disposal.

Missmanagement etc. can do a lot of damage I guess.
FreddyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 05:40 PM   #19
StCoop
Commodore

I suppose the one positive that could come out of this situation is that BF will end up with the entire audio license, rather then it being split in two and we'll finally get some New Series audios. (Or 10th Doctor audios, since Eccleston won't and Smith will probably want a few years off before coming back again.)
Old October 29 2013, 09:27 PM   #20
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

I'd really like to have more Tenth Doctor audios, though the 9th audios would be even more preferable - but, BF won't get to have anyone else for the part, so...
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 01:15 AM   #21
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
I'd really like to have more Tenth Doctor audios, though the 9th audios would be even more preferable - but, BF won't get to have anyone else for the part, so...
If they did recast, Stephen Beckett from The Kingmaker would be ideal; his Richard III sounded like Eccleston's Doctor. (That one also had Jon Culshaw as the fourth Doctor.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 11:47 AM   #22
StCoop
Commodore

To update: Paul Spragg from Big Finish has confirmed that the last DOTD release will be available as a download only for the time being. Sucks for those of us still old fashioned enough to want a physical object but at least we'll get to hear it.
Old October 31 2013, 03:51 AM   #23
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

To update: Paul Spragg from Big Finish has confirmed that the last DOTD release will be available as a download only for the time being. Sucks for those of us still old fashioned enough to want a physical object but at least we'll get to hear it.
Especially bad for people holding out for the boxed set! I subscribed to the BF downloads, though.
Old October 31 2013, 06:28 AM   #24
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Yup, like me. I have had the boxset sitting in my cart at Amazon for a few weeks now.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 10:39 AM   #25
StCoop
Commodore

Oh dear. It looks like it's not just another case of a business failing in a fragile economy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-24743256

While awful for the 100 people who are going to lose their jobs due to the greed of a few, I can see it working out better for BF in the long run with them coming away with the exclusive audio license for all of Doctor Who, not just the Original Series.
Old October 31 2013, 11:28 AM   #26
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

How possible will this be, though? The aquisition of the NuWho Doctors by BF, that is?
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 12:13 PM   #27
StCoop
Commodore

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
How possible will this be, though? The acquisition of the NuWho Doctors by BF, that is?
Back when the series returned to TV there were seperate licenses for Original and New Series material but that's no longer the case. It's only split at the moment because of AudioGO. Basically they have the entire DW audio license and they have (soon to be had) a contract with BF that sub-licensed them the rights to produce material based on anything up to the TVM.

And even then BF have started to be given permission to include a few New Series things here and there; like the Time War Daleks appearing in the last series of 'Gallifrey'.
Old November 1 2013, 12:04 PM   #28
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

It's not available yet, still says November. I got 1-10 as digital downloads and they were all available promptly.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2013, 12:06 PM   #29
StCoop
Commodore

Pindar wrote: View Post
It's not available yet, still says November. I got 1-10 as digital downloads and they were all available promptly.
7th of November was the original release date; but I think we can cut them some slack if it doesn't quite hit that.
Old November 1 2013, 12:23 PM   #30
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

The Time Machine is already available on Audible in both the US and the UK, so I doubt Big Finish will be too far behind.