RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,826
Posts: 5,472,984
Members: 25,039
Currently online: 500
Newest member: noroadcordova

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 31 2013, 12:43 AM   #1321
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Brian Singer breaks down the trailer for Empire Magazine.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 01:10 AM   #1322
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I saw that earlier today. I always love it when directors/writers/ect. do stuff like that.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 01:12 AM   #1323
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Rhovanion
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

delete
__________________
Whatever happens on earth, that up there, that's the endgame.
Set Harth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 01:38 AM   #1324
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

The stuff set in the '70s looks pretty decent, but the future stuff is really rough. This:



Looks like something out of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 01:43 AM   #1325
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post

According to Bryan Singer, Kitty is still involved in the time travel process. Logan is chosen because he's the only one strong enough to endure the time travel "procedure", which is apparently very painful.
Which, of course, was written that way to have Wolverine travel back in time, not the other way around.
It wouldn't make sense for Kitty to travel back in time with the movie's timeline. I don't think Kitty was even born in 1973.
specially since it looks like the future portions of the film will be in 2023.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 03:21 AM   #1326
CaptainWacky
Rear Admiral
 
Location: CaptainWacky
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

They could easily have used a different form of time travel than the "travel back into your own body" kind if they'd wanted Kitty to be the main character. It's Wolverine because the Hugh Jackman Wolverine is the most popular character in the movies.
__________________
Let's make sure history never forgets the name Big Matty.
Troll Kingdom
CaptainWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 03:32 AM   #1327
Aldo
Admiral
 
Aldo's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

It's a double-edged sword (at least for me). On one hand I do hate how Wolverine is seemingly the focal point of all the stories, but on the other hand I really enjoy Jackman's performance and he at least makes it worthwhile.
__________________
Don't believe everything I say.
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 04:04 AM   #1328
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post

According to Bryan Singer, Kitty is still involved in the time travel process. Logan is chosen because he's the only one strong enough to endure the time travel "procedure", which is apparently very painful.
Which, of course, was written that way to have Wolverine travel back in time, not the other way around.
It wouldn't make sense for Kitty to travel back in time with the movie's timeline. I don't think Kitty was even born in 1973.
Or they could change the time travel rules.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 04:33 AM   #1329
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Rhovanion
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

CaptainWacky wrote: View Post
They could easily have used a different form of time travel than the "travel back into your own body" kind if they'd wanted Kitty to be the main character.
They should have just done a Terminator sequel instead of an X-Men film. Why even call it "Days of Future Past"?

CaptainWacky wrote: View Post
It's Wolverine because the Hugh Jackman Wolverine is the most popular character in the movies.
Or maybe because he's the only character who wouldn't have significantly aged since 1973.
__________________
Whatever happens on earth, that up there, that's the endgame.
Set Harth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 04:46 AM   #1330
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Set Harth wrote: View Post
CaptainWacky wrote: View Post
They could easily have used a different form of time travel than the "travel back into your own body" kind if they'd wanted Kitty to be the main character.
They should have just done a Terminator sequel instead of an X-Men film. Why even call it "Days of Future Past"?
Except they have to change something. They can either change the character who is the main character of the story or they can change the rules for time travel.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 05:52 AM   #1331
Aragorn
Admiral
 
Aragorn's Avatar
 
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Chucky wrote: View Post
It's a double-edged sword (at least for me). On one hand I do hate how Wolverine is seemingly the focal point of all the stories, but on the other hand I really enjoy Jackman's performance and he at least makes it worthwhile.
I noticed the credits say.... Hugh Jackman... X-Men: Days of Future's Past... James McAvoy... Michael Fassbender...

Hopefully it's just because of his name recognition and not because everyone else is getting shafted in another Wolverine-centric movie.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 07:20 AM   #1332
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

CaptainWacky wrote: View Post
They could easily have used a different form of time travel than the "travel back into your own body" kind if they'd wanted Kitty to be the main character. It's Wolverine because the Hugh Jackman Wolverine is the most popular character in the movies.
Yup. Which is kind of a shame because how shocking would it be for audiences to Wolverine vaporized in the middle of the first act, and then let Kitty be the actual time traveler?

Actually, didn't the 90s X-Men series make it an actual Terminator-style traveling back in time rather than "inhabiting your younger self" when they adapted the story?
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 08:29 AM   #1333
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

The Dead Mixer wrote: View Post
So, is that supposed to be President Nixon in the trailer? Because if there's one thing I don't see enough of in superhero flicks, it's Richard Nixon.
He's already met The Doctor. Why not the X-Men, too?
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 12:43 PM   #1334
Robert Maxwell
beep
 
Location: boop
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Chucky wrote: View Post
It's a double-edged sword (at least for me). On one hand I do hate how Wolverine is seemingly the focal point of all the stories, but on the other hand I really enjoy Jackman's performance and he at least makes it worthwhile.
I noticed the credits say.... Hugh Jackman... X-Men: Days of Future's Past... James McAvoy... Michael Fassbender...

Hopefully it's just because of his name recognition and not because everyone else is getting shafted in another Wolverine-centric movie.
Given that it's Bryan Singer, I expect it to be more of an ensemble, even if Wolverine gets quite a bit of screen time. Not much point doing the story if it's nothing but "Wolverine's Time Traveling Hijinks: The Movie."
__________________
I has a blag.
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 12:47 PM   #1335
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Brian Singer breaks down the trailer for Empire Magazine.
OK, I totally missed that 70's Logan is still rocking the bone claws! I did wonder how he hoped to convince 70's Magneto to do anything he didn't want to, now I know.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
days of future past, wolverine, wolverine and the x-men, x-men

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.