Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 30 2013, 05:55 AM   #1306
JD
Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

The scene with Mystique spinning with her legs spread got me wondering. What does the Mystique actress wear on her bottom half while doing the "nude and blue" scenes? I hope it covers them pretty well since they've always got them doing kicks and stuff like the spin in this trailer.
Old October 30 2013, 06:12 AM   #1307
Argus Skyhawk
Commodore

JD wrote: View Post
The scene with Mystique spinning with her legs spread got me wondering. What does the Mystique actress wear on her bottom half while doing the "nude and blue" scenes? I hope it covers them pretty well since they've always got them doing kicks and stuff like the spin in this trailer.
I'm afraid I don't have a link to back me up at the moment, but I read that the actress is wearing a skin-tight body suit in this film instead of the mostly painted-on costume Mystique wore in previous movies.

Anyway, if anyone wants to view the trailer in this thread instead of clicking the link:
Old October 30 2013, 06:26 AM   #1308
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Ethros wrote: View Post
It was in 28 Days Later first IIRC, and also 28 Weeks Later, Sunshine, Kick-Ass...
The music definitely didn't originate from 28 Days Later. I know that score backwards and forwards. The piece does sound like it's from Sunshine (although I haven't seen it in years) and based on what I've been reading elsewhere, this is the most likely conclusion.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 08:50 AM   #1309
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
Ethros wrote: View Post
It was in 28 Days Later first IIRC, and also 28 Weeks Later, Sunshine, Kick-Ass...
The music definitely didn't originate from 28 Days Later. I know that score backwards and forwards. The piece does sound like it's from Sunshine (although I haven't seen it in years) and based on what I've been reading elsewhere, this is the most likely conclusion.
Yeah my bad, I was thinking of In The House, In A Heartbeat, which is in 28 Days/Weeks Later and Kick-Ass.

Think I got confused due to the Danny Boyle connection of Sunshine & 28 Weeks Later, which were released barely weeks apart in 2007 (and both have Rose Byrne in)
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 07:06 PM   #1310
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Thats an awesome trailer. I'm super excited for the movie.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 07:20 PM   #1311
JD
Admiral

Argus Skyhawk wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I'm afraid I don't have a link to back me up at the moment, but I read that the actress is wearing a skin-tight body suit in this film instead of the mostly painted-on costume Mystique wore in previous movies.
That's right, I do remember hearing about that now.
Old October 30 2013, 07:38 PM   #1312
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I think it's in FC's special features. Basically she's wearing a custom made leotard over her torso, with separate silicon appliances glued to her extremities. As for how the original appliance worked, I'm pretty sure her "girly bits" were covered by a similar method, but it was more akin to bikini bottoms than the full leotard.

Makes more practical sense this way, both for the performer and the make-up artists. I did however notice that they appear to have made her shade of blue quite a bit lighter and more saturated than before. I wonder if it's intentional or a product of shooting in 3D? I gather they're still struggling to find ways to compensate for the darkening caused by the Real3D tinted glasses.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 10:32 PM   #1313
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

You don't lose brightness, because the projector intensity is already higher. The image you see when you take off the glasses is actually too bright, not the other way round.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 11:01 PM   #1314
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Kitty as the time traveler doesn't work anymore due to the film timeline. Logan is the logical choice, it's not just Wolverine for Wolverine's sake.
According to Bryan Singer, Kitty is still involved in the time travel process. Logan is chosen because he's the only one strong enough to endure the time travel "procedure", which is apparently very painful.
Old October 30 2013, 11:14 PM   #1315
Dyabolikal
Lieutenant Commander

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Garak wrote: View Post
I thought it was pretty good!

Where have I heard that trailer music before?
Inception probably. It's the new Requiem for a Dream.
The music from about 1:24 on is from The Thin Red Line and written by Hans Zimmer. That particular track is called Journey to the Line, and it's one of the most epic pieces of soundtrack ever created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4

The clip of music in the trailer begins around 4:20.
Dyabolikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 11:19 PM   #1316
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor

Now *that* is how you portray Patrick Stewart and his younger self. I'm looking at you, Rick Berman and Stuart Baird...
Old October 30 2013, 11:25 PM   #1317
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
Yeah, I think it's in FC's special features. Basically she's wearing a custom made leotard over her torso, with separate silicon appliances glued to her extremities.
The FC version was still done in the same way as Rebecca in the original trilogy. DOFP is the first time they went with a bodysuit.
Tosk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 11:45 PM   #1318
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

So, is that supposed to be President Nixon in the trailer? Because if there's one thing I don't see enough of in superhero flicks, it's Richard Nixon.
Old October 30 2013, 11:49 PM   #1319
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Kitty as the time traveler doesn't work anymore due to the film timeline. Logan is the logical choice, it's not just Wolverine for Wolverine's sake.
According to Bryan Singer, Kitty is still involved in the time travel process. Logan is chosen because he's the only one strong enough to endure the time travel "procedure", which is apparently very painful.
Which, of course, was written that way to have Wolverine travel back in time, not the other way around.
Old October 31 2013, 12:04 AM   #1320
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Which, of course, was written that way to have Wolverine travel back in time, not the other way around.
It wouldn't make sense for Kitty to travel back in time with the movie's timeline. I don't think Kitty was even born in 1973.