Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 23 2013, 04:44 AM   #16
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Re: Person of Interest Season 3

"Not everyone gets to be the ward of a reclusive billionaire."

Really enjoyed this episode, especially the Carter as bad-ass portion. And that ending! Great set-up for next week's episode.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 11:43 PM   #17
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^That was a good episode. I liked that Carter finally put the smack-down on stupid-young-partner; that was great.

Looking forward to next week's---Shaw vs Root. Should be good!
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 02:57 AM   #18
Agent Richard07
Retired

Shaw's bad girl act has been a little over the top this season but I like the glimpses into the character that we're getting.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 08:39 AM   #19
Aragorn
Admiral

Wow! For the second straight week, two seemingly different storylines intersect. And the latest group of bad guys return with a name to go by.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 12:43 PM   #20
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Another excellent episode. I too enjoy how the storylines intersect.

The part where Reese finds the fridgefull of heavy weaponry but it's "nothing unexpected" was good and calls back to Reeses collection in the library that Finch didn't approve of in Season 1.

Is Kevin Chapman doing another show or working on a movie? It seems like he only gets one or two short scenes every week.

I liked Finch and Roots conversation at the end. Who can really say what the Machine wants? But I'm eager to find out what the new "third catagory" is.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 02:42 PM   #21
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Finch and Root's conversation at the end? Did I stop watching too soon or are talking about Finch and Shaw?
Savage Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 04:18 PM   #22
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Bob Morton wrote: View Post
Another excellent episode. I too enjoy how the storylines intersect.

The part where Reese finds the fridgefull of heavy weaponry but it's "nothing unexpected" was good and calls back to Reeses collection in the library that Finch didn't approve of in Season 1.

Is Kevin Chapman doing another show or working on a movie? It seems like he only gets one or two short scenes every week.

I liked Finch and Roots conversation at the end. Who can really say what the Machine wants? But I'm eager to find out what the new "third catagory" is.
Chapman has two movies coming out soon, so yes, I assume he was working on film when they shot some of these episodes.

Zombie Seeker wrote: View Post
Finch and Root's conversation at the end? Did I stop watching too soon or are talking about Finch and Shaw?
Yes, you stopped watching too early. Finch is now keeping Root prisoner in the library.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Oh wait.I just watched last weeks episode last night. I'm a week behind!
Savage Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 10:30 PM   #24
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Also it seems like they hinted Kirk Acevedo's character could be some help in the future, with his knack for finding things. I really hope we see more of him, I like his acting.
Old October 31 2013, 02:24 AM   #25
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

Bob Morton wrote: View Post
Who can really say what the Machine wants? But I'm eager to find out what the new "third catagory" is.
Category 1 - Relevant to the government - National security related threats (terrorism, assassinations, sabotage, hacking of government computers, espionage, etc.).

Category 2 - Irrelevant to the government - Non-national security related threats to individuals, mostly limited to higher profile crimes like murder.

Category 3 - Threats to the continued existence of the Machine? Threats by the government against the people (maybe the Machine sees its very existence and abuse as a threat to the people and their rights and is trying to remove the threat/keep itself away from the wrong hands, ie. the government and other groups)?
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2013, 05:40 PM   #26
Pavonis
Commodore

So this ex-Vigilance hacker (I forget his name) was targeted for assassination by Vigilance, and the Machine went to Root, who "recruited" Shaw? Why would the Machine not give the number to Finch and Reese? Since Finch only gets irrelevant numbers, we could assume then that the target was considered "relevant" to national security. But who gets the relevant numbers now? Is "Control" still working on the relevant numbers? Does the Machine, with its new-found freedom at the end of season 2, still give relevant numbers to the government? Did the government ever really get the relevant numbers, or was the "Control" group a vigilante force akin to Finch and Reese?

Is there really a third category now, or did the Machine just decide to change how it deals with the relevant numbers?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 11:35 AM   #27
Aragorn
Admiral

Based on one brief moment of dialog from this week's episode, if someone truly is going to die as the previews suggest, I think it's going to be

Or maybe there's HR blowback on Fusco and he gets taken down by the authorities, so he falls but doesn't get killed.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 02:33 PM   #28
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Wow, what a great episode this last week!!!!

Love this series!
Old November 13 2013, 05:44 PM   #29
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Based on one brief moment of dialog from this week's episode, if someone truly is going to die as the previews suggest, I think it's going to be
Heh, I had the same thought once they mentioned the vest and I had seen the "A hero shall fall" previews for next week's episode all this week. That would be a really colossal misdirect, though that's a pretty typical false tease in TV (not killing someone off after implying they would).

Great episode this week, and I'm looking forward to the two follow-ups.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 06:04 PM   #30
Pavonis
Commodore

Aragorn wrote: View Post

Or maybe there's HR blowback on Fusco and he gets taken down by the authorities, so he falls but doesn't get killed.
OK, why would you spoiler code that? It's not a real spoiler. You don't know anything that the rest of the fans don't know. You're just spit-balling. So why bother spoiler coding your guess?

That said, I'd imagine they'd kill off Reese before killing off Bear. They have Shaw waiting in the wings to replace Reese, but who could replace Bear? And it's not like the dog can appreciate a well-crafted death scene, while human actors seem to love a dramatic death.

Granted that Reese is more or less the main character, but then killing off Hartnell's Doctor was similarly shocking, but now we're used to the idea of the main character changing out regularly. It could be POI will end up going this route in the future, with Finch regularly replacing his field operatives.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote