Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 21 2013, 10:34 PM   #31
propita
Rear Admiral

Re: American Horror Story - Coven

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Freaked out teenage girls being stupid? I'm shocked!
Lol.

She did play it well, though.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 10:50 PM   #32
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The producers of Bones, Castle, CSI and half a dozen other procedural cop shows died a little bit inside.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 06:24 PM   #33
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Only on American Horror Story will you see a jar of semen...

Wow, they offed Emma Roberts three episodes in...bet it doesn't stick.

So Kyle's mom was molesting her son...ew. That scene where she slid her hand down his pants was disturbing. Glad he bashed her skull in...bitch was creepy.

I think guys like Nan mainly because she's a slut. She does seem rather nice too though.

Sex with the Minotaur...ew.

My favorite part of the episode was Madam LaLaurie finding out that a black man is President of the US...stick that you racist bitch. And now she's the slave of a black women is icing on the cake.
Old October 24 2013, 07:25 PM   #34
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Only on American Horror Story will you see a jar of semen...

Wow, they offed Emma Roberts three episodes in...bet it doesn't stick.

So Kyle's mom was molesting her son...ew. That scene where she slid her hand down his pants was disturbing. Glad he bashed her skull in...bitch was creepy.

I think guys like Nan mainly because she's a slut. She does seem rather nice too though.

Sex with the Minotaur...ew.

My favorite part of the episode was Madam LaLaurie finding out that a black man is President of the US...stick that you racist bitch. And now she's the slave of a black women is icing on the cake.
Last night's episode was so-so. I didn't like the fact that they killed off Emma Roberts' character. I wonder if Fiona really wanted Madison to be her protegé, i.e., the next supreme witch, but of course, she ended up killing her - accidentally or on purpose, I couldn't really tell.

"This house doesn't need a new supreme; it needs a new rug."

Kathy Bates's Madam LaLaurie is the character everyone loves to hate this season. (Last season, it was Dr. Arthur Arden, played by James Cromwell.)

"Oh, lord. Why hast thou foresaken us?! ..... The magic box lies. It says, that Negro is the President of the United States of America!"

To which Fiona replied, "It's true. I voted for him ... twice."

Old October 24 2013, 07:53 PM   #35
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Only on American Horror Story will you see a jar of semen.
Please, the technical term is "baby gravy."
Old October 24 2013, 10:49 PM   #36
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
Kathy Bates's Madam LaLaurie is the character everyone loves to hate this season. (Last season, it was Dr. Arthur Arden, played by James Cromwell.)

"Oh, lord. Why hast thou foresaken us?! ..... The magic box lies. It says, that Negro is the President of the United States of America!"

Perfect that Fiona states she voted for him...twice.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 06:37 AM   #37
JD
Admiral

Wow, just when you think they can't get any crazier we get an episode with a mother molesting her son. I did enjoy it overall though. I do agree the stuff with Lalaurie was great. I was also shocked they killed Emma Roberts off so early. Did they actually show what happened when the girls went over to the religious neighbor's house? I missed a few minutes while I was getting ready for bed.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 04:52 PM   #38
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Galileo7 wrote: View Post
Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post

Perfect that Fiona states she voted for him...twice.
Presumably once in 2008 and once in 2012 . . ..
Old October 26 2013, 06:14 AM   #39
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Well, yeah, but considering some people never voted for him in either election, I think the point was that Fiona is a Democrat witch.
Old October 26 2013, 07:09 AM   #40
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Or she lived in Illinois for a while and voted for him as a US Senator or a State Senator?

But that's overthinking it.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2013, 05:17 PM   #41
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

So Spaulding is going to Weekend at Bernie's with Madison's dead body...creee-py! Spaulding is creepy though. I thought for sure Fiona cut his tongue out but he did it himself so he wouldn't unwillingly (through Myrtle's magic truth telling spell) reveal that Fiona had murdered the Supreme. He's obviously in love with her.

Myrtle while essentially correct about Fiona is such an unlikable little self righteous bitch that I can't help rooting that bad things happen to her.

Voodoo Zombies...YEAH!

What did the Minotaur do to Queenie? Rip her vagina up? Ugh...glad Fiona tore (or cut?) his head off.

What is up with Cordelia's husband Hank? I think there's more than him being an adulterer and murderer but I've no idea what.

So FrankenKyle is out loose? That won't end well.
Old November 3 2013, 12:26 AM   #42
JD
Admiral

So Spaulding is going to Weekend at Bernie's with Madison's dead body...creee-py! Spaulding is creepy though. I thought for sure Fiona cut his tongue out but he did it himself so he wouldn't unwillingly (through Myrtle's magic truth telling spell) reveal that Fiona had murdered the Supreme. He's obviously in love with her.
Yeah, I didn't expect Spalding to be quite so creepy when we finally learned about him. I'm curious if he's going to do more than just leave her sitting there.

Myrtle while essentially correct about Fiona is such an unlikable little self righteous bitch that I can't help rooting that bad things happen to her.
Yeah, I didn't like Myrtle either. She was right, but she was such a bitch about it, and I've gotten attached enough to Fiona that I can't help root for Fiona.
Voodoo Zombies...YEAH!
This should be good.
What did the Minotaur do to Queenie? Rip her vagina up? Ugh...glad Fiona tore (or cut?) his head off.
I wasn't sure either, I thought maybe it just gored her.
What is up with Cordelia's husband Hank? I think there's more than him being an adulterer and murderer but I've no idea what.
That was definitely unexpected. I'm curious if it has something to do with the witches and magic, or it's a completely separate thing.

So FrankenKyle is out loose? That won't end well.
Yeah, he's definitely not someone you want wandering around out in the open.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 05:49 AM   #43
Janus VI
Captain

So any guesses as to who the next Supreme is?

Here's my guess. I have a feeling it may be Nan since she was with Madison when the curtains spontaneously combusted. Madison said she didn't know she could do that, perhaps she didn't and Nan never let on she was the one who did. Similarly Madison is uncertain if she was responsible for compelling the pedestrian to walk hap-hazardously into the street. When Madison questioned Fiona which of them was controlling the pedestrian, Fiona smiled but never replied.

Nan was also the one who alerted the council to Madison's missing thoughts which brought them to the school without informing either Cordelia or Fiona why when they both were there at the time. The question of what happened to Madison quickly derailed into the council putting Fiona on trial for her failure as the current Supreme. I think Nan may have known the contempt that Myrtle and the council had for Fiona and used it to Maneuver Fiona out of her way.
Janus VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 07:27 AM   #44
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I just watched the episode on my DVR and loved it. Frances Conroy was fabulous as Myrtle. She's more than just self righteous. It's apparent that she's jealous of Fiona and bitter because Fiona was the one proclaimed to be the then-new Supreme.

Poor Cordelia. I wonder what happened to her face at the end ...

The zombies were awesome. I thought for moment Kyle was the one knocking on front door. Can't wait for next week's episode!
Old November 3 2013, 01:58 PM   #45
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Jesus, what is it with this show and rape? Only one episode in and we've already had two rape scenes.

Still, a great show. I like the new setting.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote