RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,675
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 486
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 23 2013, 05:58 AM   #16
Newtrek
Lieutenant

Re: Who here actually works on a fan production?

Hi Alec,
As you know, but for the sake of others, I've created and produced Star Trek Secret Voyage. We are in post production of our second installment, to complete our 2 part origin saga. Graphic designer turned film producer/director/writer/vfx/sound engineer/make-up artist/marketer/editor/talent agent. In the trenches I've learned volumes and wore several hats as needed to bring a dream to life. Those on here who have been able to turn their passions into a tangible product are few and far between. It's awesome how great many have been to support and encourage one another. I poo poo those that are filled with more opinion than actual experience.
We've have only a few pick-up shots to film and a few more vfx to complete before the final edit is locked. We then hope to get it to an audio engineer (still looking) for final master edit and to work with our composer. Release is dependent on these details.
Newtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 02:10 PM   #17
Tom
Rear Admiral

Puts on German accent... 'I pick things up and put them down' lol
Old October 23 2013, 08:06 PM   #18
Melakon
Vice Admiral

I'm not with any production company, though I did make a one-shot animated parody film using some downloaded models years ago. Working alone, it took about 5 months to do 10 minutes. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any actual Trek fan films in my metro area of Phoenix, though there is a group doing a generic sci-fi parody here. My health is such that I wouldn't be much useful to anyone anyway.
Old October 24 2013, 12:18 AM   #19
Kail
Commodore

I was lead artist and associate producer on Starship Farragut:The Animated Episodes.

I'm very selective about the reality I accept.
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 03:59 AM   #20
Fez
Ensign

View Fez's Twitter Profile

I have been involved with Star Trek Phase II for a couple of years and in various positions and I also have been involved with the Animated feature coming soon "Invasion" from Starship Saladin
Old October 29 2013, 07:22 AM   #21
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW

hmm...I've been involved in a lot of different productions in a lot of different ways. It started with Walter Koenig begging me to help out "New Voyages". I started as on-set wardrobe and in the ensuing years I've been costumer, costume designer, event planner, SAG contact, PR, news editor, producer, makeup lead, production coordinator, story editor, co-writer, writer, development officer, scheduler/AD, website adminstrator, convention/media contact, "the sane Susan to James' Gene", and a whole host of other things... I've done costumes for other productions including Project Potempkin and Secret Voyage, been a costume consultant for such films as Farragut and Excalibur, helped develop several fan films beside P2, and am right now the co-executive producer of Starship: Ironsides - which is in development and almost ready to take off like a....starship!
Old February 25 2014, 07:56 AM   #22
Wyldemusick
Cadet

Late to the party, but in-the-past (and possibly to come, pending discussions) -- voice actor for Pendant's late lamented Defiant series, and also played Malcolm Reed in the barely among us NX-01; also composed and recorded the orchestral title music for that one, and was to have scored the series...alas, it never got the retweaked pilot done.
Wyldemusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 02:43 AM   #23
JJohnson
Captain

I'm not involved in any current Trek productions, but I have done some acting, as well as filming, construction, painting, electrical, video editing, and script review locally. If any Trek fan film could use an extra hand, I would be happy to help.
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 02:45 AM   #24
Phantassm
Vice Admiral

Count me in. Actor and producer of Starship Valiant.
Old March 11 2014, 12:03 AM   #25
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Being that we have announced that Axanar will be building sets here in Los Angeles, if any of you are interested in joining our team, please let me know.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 12:34 AM   #26
Tom
Rear Admiral

I will sweep the floors..LOL
Old March 15 2014, 01:02 AM   #27
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Tom wrote: View Post
You are hired. Do you do windows?

Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 02:26 AM   #28
AdmiralMike
Ensign

I was the Story Editor for Star Trek: Hidden Frontier for 3 1/2 years. At present, I don't have any writing projects, so if anyone is looking for a poor itinerant writer...
AdmiralMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 07:33 AM   #29
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

The closest I ever got to working on a fan production of anything was many years ago, when some friends in Calgary were working on a Doctor Who fan film. Production ground to a halt the day I was there when one of the people had an accident and was impaled by a rather large nail, and ended up going to emergency.

I don't suppose there's anything Trek-related going on in or near Central Alberta (in Canada)...

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 04:53 PM   #30
Tom
Rear Admiral

Loken wrote: View Post
Tom wrote: View Post
You are hired. Do you do windows?

Unfortunately yes, but not Windows 8 because it sucks. LOL

Still, I have been know to turn old Firefly/Serenity sets into new bridge sets, windows not included.