Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 22 2013, 07:44 PM   #226
Triskelion
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Where are they coming from? It's like Halloween in the suburbs. They're out there and you don't notice their actual numbers until you start giving away candy.
Triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 07:53 PM   #227
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

By the way, anyone know what happened to the female doctor from Woodbury? She was not part of the misguided attack party in the season 3 finale, so she had to be at Woodbury when Rick's gang liberated the survivors....
Old October 22 2013, 08:08 PM   #228
PKerr
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Well to be fair to them, the fences had been doing a perfectly fine job for awhile of keeping the zombies out. And there was a double layer of them. So they probably didn't see any urgent need to construct something else.
I'm pretty sure they mentioned concerns a few times last season about walker build up at the fences so this isn't something that is taking them by surprise.

Also didn't episode one mention they have had this community for six months now and very little if anything has been done in that time to beef up the parameter around the prison.

We saw a small garden, a pig pen and some traps set in the woods but that is about it, as many people as they brought back that little bit of stuff could have been set up and started in a few days.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 09:37 PM   #229
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post

Now that I think about it - didn't the Governor and his group blow up the towers when they tried to overtake the prison? Amazing they got rebuilt so quickly without the benefit of a welding torch.
I thought they only blew up one.

PKerr wrote: View Post
As I said, dozens of things that can be done.

How about pulling back some of those old cars a creating another barrier away from the fence?
I'm thinking they should park a line of trucks behind the fence and leave them there permanently to shore it up. Even an intermittent line of vehicles would provide enough reinforcement that zombies could never knock the fence over (although the fencing material itself could corrode or break eventually).
A continuous line of vehicles would practically suffice as a fence of its own when the fencing material showed signs of wear.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 09:46 PM   #230
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Sounds like a LOT of vehicles if you mean the entire fence.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 11:17 PM   #231
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Sounds like a LOT of vehicles if you mean the entire fence.
They have gone through cars like socks on this show, so there's plenty around. Almost every scene on some deserted highway reveals many abandoned cars.
Old October 23 2013, 12:32 AM   #232
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post

Now that I think about it - didn't the Governor and his group blow up the towers when they tried to overtake the prison? Amazing they got rebuilt so quickly without the benefit of a welding torch.
I thought they only blew up one.

PKerr wrote: View Post
As I said, dozens of things that can be done.

How about pulling back some of those old cars a creating another barrier away from the fence?
I'm thinking they should park a line of trucks behind the fence and leave them there permanently to shore it up. Even an intermittent line of vehicles would provide enough reinforcement that zombies could never knock the fence over (although the fencing material itself could corrode or break eventually).
A continuous line of vehicles would practically suffice as a fence of its own when the fencing material showed signs of wear.
Maybe they should find a train yard or something and haul shipping containers to the prison using big rigs. Unload them along the entire fence. Maybe even do two rows of them, and build a chute for the dead to follow that leads to a pit where they can burn the walkers to ash once they get several in.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 12:54 AM   #233
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Again, you think way outside of the time and resources they have. Big rigs, train yards, cranes, bulldozers? That's all outside of the scope of the time and resources they have at their disposal.
Old October 23 2013, 09:13 AM   #234
Marten
Captain

I watched the rat feeding scene again. I lean towards the adult theory. The height matches up better, both with the actual feeding and the flash light.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 10:53 AM   #235
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Thing is, if it's an adult then it'd have to be someone we already know and I can't see any of them doing it. Aside from one of the two young girls I think the only realistic suspects are Beth (she always was a bit twitchy) and Carl (also twitchy.) I suppose it could be one of the new people, but we haven't spent enough time with any of them to make it an interesting twist.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 10:54 AM   #236
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Marten wrote: View Post
I watched the rat feeding scene again. I lean towards the adult theory. The height matches up better, both with the actual feeding and the flash light.
I watched it again last night too, they went out of their way to not show a hand so we couldn't tell if it was man, woman or child, black or white.

IMO They also never showed how tall or short the person was because you couldn't tell if the zombie was leaning over or not.
Old October 23 2013, 02:23 PM   #237
EmoBorg
Captain

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Did you see the teaser for next week with like 7500 walkers? They come from urban Georgia. As food in metro areas is depleted, they would begin moving to outer regions, along major roadways, because they're more easily traversable. Plus, that little tribal world war between Woodbury & the prison 6 months earlier likely alerted any walker in a 20 mile radius. All suggestions indicate that the prison is near Senoia GA, just 20 or 30 miles down Rte 85 from Atlanta, right in a triangle of Macon, Columbus & Atlanta. If you started slugging along in a herd of thousands it could take that long maybe, following sounds like cars, helicopters, gun fire & anything else these people have had going on there in the last 3 seasons. You have to admit, that area around Woodbury & the prison has likely been more active with noise than just about anywhere else in the whole region of that triangle
The Walking Dead 4x03 Sneak Peek 1 Isolation

The Walking Dead 4x03 Sneak Peek 2 Isolation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySo7-zkprNo
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 04:51 PM   #238
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Nice teasers, should be a good episode next week.
Old October 24 2013, 02:42 AM   #239
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I have a question:

Early in season 3 Carol practices a C-Section on a Walker cadaver in preparation for Lori's labor. While doing this we get a POV shot of someone watching her from the wooded area outside the prison. Was it ever clearly revealed who this was? It's unlikely it was The Governor, could this mysterious person be the one who was feeding the Walkers outside the prison? Or am I forgetting something in S3 that revealed who this was?
Old October 24 2013, 02:42 AM   #240
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Pretty sure that was the prisoner who tried to kill them all a few episodes later.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote