A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 18 2013, 10:00 PM   #76
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Re: Batman: Arkham 3

Oh nice, that'll make it easier when i get around to playing them!
Old October 21 2013, 06:36 PM   #77
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

17 minute gameplay video:

Also, the free mobile game is now available for iOS and Android.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 02:44 AM   #78
RoJoHen
Awesome

I'm lovin' it. Despite being made by another company, it looks like the gameplay is perfectly in line with its predecessors. I'm wondering if we will visit any of the same locations throughout Gotham that we saw in Arkham City.
Old October 23 2013, 04:31 AM   #79
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Did they ever say why Conroy wasn't hired on for this one? It's not a bad impersonation, but in a way that makes the difference all the more noticeable. :/
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 04:47 AM   #80
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I'm lovin' it. Despite being made by another company, it looks like the gameplay is perfectly in line with its predecessors. I'm wondering if we will visit any of the same locations throughout Gotham that we saw in Arkham City.
From the sounds of it, we are.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 11:15 PM   #81
RoJoHen
Awesome

Ugh, I'm so excited. I don't get excited for too many releases, but I really can't wait for this. I tend bar Thursday night, so when I get off work at 3am, I'm heading straight to Walmart to pick it up. I am also going to stock up on frozen food items. That way, when I leisurely wake up on Friday, I will make some coffee, start playing Batman, and never, ever have to leave my house.
Old October 26 2013, 03:34 AM   #82
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I don't know if I'm rusty or this one's tougher but I'm having a hell of a time with the combat. I don't remember having anything like this on the other entries.

Playing on PC, my mouse cursor appears during cutscenes, anyone else have that?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 05:10 AM   #83
RoJoHen
Awesome

I'm finding the combat to be pretty much identical to the other two games. I'm starting to do worse right now because I've been playing all day and my thumbs are getting tired, but all in all I'm not having too hard a time.

I'm not quite invested in the story yet. I've put in about 5 or 6 hours of gameplay, and I can tell that I'm not even close to being done. Hell, I've only run into two of the 8 assassins so far!

I'm really liking that the entire map from Arkham City is present in this game, in addition to a whole other area of Gotham that's roughly the same size. It certainly makes sense to do it that way; it's not like that area of Gotham would randomly not be around. I'm wondering what villains I'm going to run into that I haven't already.
Old October 26 2013, 01:49 PM   #84
Jax
Admiral

Some of the reviews are really harsh on gaming websites with many slamming the game for being too similar to the last two games Someone explain why this is not good for Batman but Creed, COD and ALL sport games still get 8 out of 10's and praise
Old October 26 2013, 02:07 PM   #85
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

Playing on PS3 and they've switched the controls around a bit. Namely, the detective vision and batarang are switched. Batman Arkham have always been a combination of rhythm and combat. Switching the two is really throwing me off. I'm at my second assasin too, and I would've liked to see some new tricks and gadgets in Batman's arsenal. I think I'll get them later on since we started with explosive gel, remote batarang and smoke. Although I do play COD, I don't play Assassins Creed and Sports games all that much. I like the graphics. The colors here seem to be more muted than AA & AC and it's really helping to make everything look less cartoony. I don't know if it's a PS3 thing or a game thing, but I've noticed severe frame rate dips in more than a few places.

Still withholding judgement at the moment, but this definitely doesn't live up to the quality of a Rocksteady game, but I am enjoying it so far.

Last edited by AlphaMan; October 26 2013 at 07:05 PM.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 02:31 PM   #86
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I'm having a hell of a time at the group of thugs before the Penguin, I just can't seem to get the flow to work well enough before getting my ass beat. Plus, it's been long enough that I don't remember everything, like I forgot about the ground attacks and this game doesn't really retutor you much. I gave up in hair-pulling frustration last night, I have never had the best of gaming skills but to be stuck at what seems like just a simple part really irks me.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 06:59 PM   #87
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

Make sure that you're upgrading your combat armor when you level up. This will get you a few more punches before Batman dies. I started the game on hard and decided to start over on normal after I realized the detective vision/batarang thing was going to be too distracting going forward. I wasn't that far along though.
Old October 26 2013, 09:45 PM   #88
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

Ok... I've gone at Deathstroke about a dozen times now and I just don't get it. How do you defeat this guy? I've watched YouTube videos, counted his counters and timed mine. I just don't get it. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or rhythm as to when he's vulnerable.
Old October 27 2013, 10:12 AM   #89
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

AlphaMan wrote: View Post
Still withholding judgement at the moment, but this definitely doesn't live up to the quality of a Rocksteady game, but I am enjoying it so far.
This game was made by another team because Rocksteady is working on something else...
They handed the software/code they used for Arkham City to another team who used it to make this game...
Old October 28 2013, 02:56 AM   #90
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

AlphaMan wrote: View Post
Ok... I've gone at Deathstroke about a dozen times now and I just don't get it. How do you defeat this guy? I've watched YouTube videos, counted his counters and timed mine. I just don't get it. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or rhythm as to when he's vulnerable.
Have you tried using the quick batclaw? It throws him off enough to get a few hits in.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote