RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,602
Posts: 5,424,835
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 412
Newest member: David Ellerman

TrekToday headlines

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 22 2013, 07:54 AM   #196
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Pretty good second episode.

The opening and the waiting for the attack to come was very tense. I can't believe they weren't already locking their cell doors. That is kind of stupid. People can easily die in their sleep, and something like this could happen again in the future if they don't take more precautions. A few people on guard duty around the cell blocks every night would greatly increase the safety for everyone.

Glad to see Farmer Rick is back to being Badass Rick. His plan was good, I was expecting him to run over the walkers with the truck. Felt sorry for the piglets, but they had to go. They were a good way to spread diseases.

Anyone surprised at how much screentime Carol is getting so far? Looks like they want to give the actress more material. Not sure about the two little girls storyline. They have an expiration date right above their heads, but I hope they stay alive for Carol's sake.

I got the feeling Karen was going to die the moment the episode started. There was something so obvious about it with how cozy Karen and Tyreese were getting. Of course I was expecting her to be walker bait, wasn't expecting her to be burned alive. Will the rest of the season's plot be trying to discover who the murderer is?

Maybe the person that did it wasn't really evil, but being brutally logically by burning the two people before they could spread the disease? The murderer being a mole sent by the Governor is too obvious, so I hope they don't go in that direction!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 08:47 AM   #197
Takeru
Fleet Captain
 
Takeru's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Dream wrote: View Post
Anyone surprised at how much screentime Carol is getting so far?
Not really, they killed off the two female leads last season, it makes sense to give more screentime to an existing female character that's not Maggie or Michonne. Carol is also one of only five season one characters remaining, the only female and she has become more popular, she deserves every second of screentime she gets.

The murderer being a mole sent by the Governor is too obvious, so I hope they don't go in that direction!
Even of there was a mole, wouldn't he or she lay low and wait for a chance to take out Rick and Daryl?

I hope they adapt the serial killer story from the comics, that would give them an addtional threat, rat fed zombies at the fence, the infection spreading and a crazy killer among them. Forget the governor, I'd be happy if he never shows his face again except for a cameo where he is unceremoniously killed off. Like he shows up at the gate and Carol blows his brains out from one of the towers. "That was pretty good, Carol!" "Not really, that was supposed to be a warning shot ..." Then they all laugh and the governor storyline is forgotten.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 09:39 AM   #198
Marten
Captain
 
Location: Southern Sweden
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Venardhi wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
Your TV is too dark. We see the hand holding the flashlight and it was not a child's hand. Also the fact that the rat is being dangled by its tail at head-level of the walker makes it clear this is someone of adult height.
Nope, just watched it for a third time. I adjusted the brightness and contrast on the TV all the way up. No hand is visible. Ever heard of people holding something above one's head? That rat could totally be held by a kid. Especially considering we have no way of knowing if the walker was bending over or not to reach the rat.
I can see a hand. So I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your copy was badly compressed or something. You see it in two shots when the flashlight isn't facing directly at the camera.

There is nothing to suggest the walker is is lower than normal height, and the approaching walker from behind it suggests they are both standing and normal height.

For one of those girls to be holding the rat at the height it is shown and in the way it is portrayed they would need to be on a step stool (they even made fun of the idea on Talking Dead this week).

Unless they intentionally filmed it to be misleading, it almost definitely wasn't one of the kids. And certainly not one of the younger ones.
At what time did the rat feeding happen? Don't remember it that clearly, and thought I could rewatch it later.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 11:01 AM   #199
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

It is the first scene of the episode.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 01:41 PM   #200
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Watch the episode last night, I think it's the young girl feeding the rats to her pets.

As far as the gun goes, I think it meant nothing and was probably dropped by one of the Governor's people during the raid, I don't think we'll see anything else about it TBH.

I realize we are only into episode two but I get the feeling the Zombie Flu story line is going to be drug out, IMO it's not really that interesting and could get boring really fast.

Am I the only one that felt like that whole Michonne at the gate scene felt contrived?
She rode right past one of the walkers, why not take it's head off on the way by?

It's starting to feel like the characters are becoming dumber to add plot devices.

1. Why let the Walkers build up at the fence? We saw it was a problem last week, why haven't they been killing them all this time from last week to this week, if they all got out there once a day the job would be done in 10-15 min, why risk them building up over night?

2. Why aren't people closing the cell doors at minimum? If you don't want to lock or can't lock it then wrap a rope, wire, chain, torn sheet or something around the bars.
Hell I live out in the middle of nowhere with no one around, on a ten acre piece of property at the dead end of a road with a 1,750 drive way through the woods and I lock my bedroom door at night, I just feel safer doing so, let alone living in a creepy @ss prison with a bunch of people I don't know in a post apocalyptic world with 100's of walkers that want to eat me right out side and knowing that I and everyone else living has a virus that when we die we turn into walkers ourselves.

3. Where are all these walkers coming from? This is a rural area with huge farming properties and small towns.
If I had so many showing up at my front door all the time I'd be sending out raiding parties to kill as many as I could or set up noise makers to lure them away from where I live.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 01:43 PM   #201
Tom
Rear Admiral
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Location: In your Mind!
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Also Mellisa McBride is finally in the main credits, as is Scott Wilson now.
__________________
AP - Star Trek: Renegades - Starring Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, Robert Picardo, Sean Young & many more - Coming 2014 - www.startrekrenegades.com
https://www.facebook.com/STRtheSeries
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 01:52 PM   #202
Marten
Captain
 
Location: Southern Sweden
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

PKerr wrote: View Post
Watch the episode last night, I think it's the young girl feeding the rats to her pets.

As far as the gun goes, I think it meant nothing and was probably dropped by one of the Governor's people during the raid, I don't think we'll see anything else about it TBH.

I realize we are only into episode two but I get the feeling the Zombie Flu story line is going to be drug out, IMO it's not really that interesting and could get boring really fast.

Am I the only one that felt like that whole Michonne at the gate scene felt contrived?
She rode right past one of the walkers, why not take it's head off on the way by?

It's starting to feel like the characters are becoming dumber to add plot devices.

1. Why let the Walkers build up at the fence? We saw it was a problem last week, why haven't they been killing them all this time from last week to this week, if they all got out there once a day the job would be done in 10-15 min, why risk them building up over night?


3. Where are all these walkers coming from? This is a rural area with huge farming properties and small towns.
If I had so many showing up at my front door all the time I'd be sending out raiding parties to kill as many as I could or set up noise makers to lure them away from where I live.
This confuses me as well. There really should not be enough zombies in rural Georgia to fill upp that fast. They even seem to kill them on a daily basis. Perhaps they should increase their efforts. They do not seem that short on time, either.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 01:54 PM   #203
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Marten wrote: View Post
PKerr wrote: View Post
Watch the episode last night, I think it's the young girl feeding the rats to her pets.

As far as the gun goes, I think it meant nothing and was probably dropped by one of the Governor's people during the raid, I don't think we'll see anything else about it TBH.

I realize we are only into episode two but I get the feeling the Zombie Flu story line is going to be drug out, IMO it's not really that interesting and could get boring really fast.

Am I the only one that felt like that whole Michonne at the gate scene felt contrived?
She rode right past one of the walkers, why not take it's head off on the way by?

It's starting to feel like the characters are becoming dumber to add plot devices.

1. Why let the Walkers build up at the fence? We saw it was a problem last week, why haven't they been killing them all this time from last week to this week, if they all got out there once a day the job would be done in 10-15 min, why risk them building up over night?


3. Where are all these walkers coming from? This is a rural area with huge farming properties and small towns.
If I had so many showing up at my front door all the time I'd be sending out raiding parties to kill as many as I could or set up noise makers to lure them away from where I live.
This confuses me as well. There really should not be enough zombies in rural Georgia to fill upp that fast. They even seem to kill them on a daily basis. Perhaps they should increase their efforts. They do not seem that short on time, either.
Exactly, they pretty much have nothing but time so why not spend it better protecting yourself?

Also could you imagine what all those rotting Walkers smell like, let alone all the diseases they probably carry? Why would you want that 20-30 feet away from you?

Let alone just be annoying as hell to have them milling around, moaning and wanting to eat you.

Last edited by PKerr; October 22 2013 at 02:17 PM.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 02:41 PM   #204
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

I saw my mother over the weekend and she asked the "Where are they coming from?" question. The best I could come up with is that when you get zombiefied maybe your olfactory senses get hyped up like animals and then when you have a bunch of living people in a stationary spot they get a general direction from the odors and aromas. And then maybe other zombies can sense when other zombies pick up a lead so even if they aren't in range of the source they might be in range of the other zombies which leads to a clustering. Mind you, I was just trying to figure some rationality, not that it was the best. Of course, my mom also says sometimes "you just have to squint" as she put s it when you're watching shows to enjoy them which isn't bad advice either.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 02:55 PM   #205
Pavonis
Commodore
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Where are they coming from? They're coming from everywhere! It's been at least a year and a half since the apocalypse, so these walkers would have had all that time to wander from almost anywhere in North America. If they've been walking continuously, some of them could be from California! And we know that walkers congregate slowly but never break up into smaller groups. They just wander in the direction of the last sound they heard, and keep walking that way until something new attracts their attention. So I'm not surprised that large numbers keep building up at the fence, and that next week's episode will show the largest herd yet.

I'm just surprised the Woodbury survivors haven't suggested the use of noisemakers and ditches to the prison group council. Or maybe they did, and the prison group rejected it? I can't see why they would, though. Those fences that looked so secure at the beginning of season three aren't looking so formidable now!
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 02:59 PM   #206
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Walkers have a herd mentality (if we can call it that) they hear a noise, they all head that direction. At some point they all must have clumped together all following a common noise. The population of the Atlanta Metropolitan Area (where we more or less still are) is over 4-million people. So that's a lot of people to turn and start following noises.
__________________
Out of hope.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 03:03 PM   #207
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Of course, my mom also says sometimes "you just have to squint" as she put s it when you're watching shows to enjoy them which isn't bad advice either.
Oh I realize that with a show like this you just have to accept a few unbelievable things and I would even forgive some of these actions and zombie counts in season one or two, when the whole Zombie Apocalypse was something new but our heroes have learned a lot since then and have become proficient Zombie Killers so one would think at some point the numbers would be dwindling, not growing.

We've also seen Zombies just sit down and become dormant when there is no food around, if the show took place in L.A. or New York I could see a never ending hoard of Zombies but we are talking about rural Georgia here and there are many directions to go other than straight to the prison.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 03:40 PM   #208
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral
 
Corran Horn's Avatar
 
Location: I-L
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Where are they coming from? They're coming from everywhere! It's been at least a year and a half since the apocalypse, so these walkers would have had all that time to wander from almost anywhere in North America. If they've been walking continuously, some of them could be from California! And we know that walkers congregate slowly but never break up into smaller groups. They just wander in the direction of the last sound they heard, and keep walking that way until something new attracts their attention. So I'm not surprised that large numbers keep building up at the fence, and that next week's episode will show the largest herd yet.
Yeah - in World War Z (the book) there were herds of thousands upon thousands. The problem wasn't defeating the zombies necessarily - it was the sheer volume of them and the fact that they just kept coming.
__________________
"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. I play video games, which I think is a far superior addiction to any of those other ones. "
Corran Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 03:49 PM   #209
Mojochi
Commodore
 
Mojochi's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Marten wrote: View Post
This confuses me as well. There really should not be enough zombies in rural Georgia to fill upp that fast. They even seem to kill them on a daily basis. Perhaps they should increase their efforts. They do not seem that short on time, either.
Did you see the teaser for next week with like 7500 walkers? They come from urban Georgia. As food in metro areas is depleted, they would begin moving to outer regions, along major roadways, because they're more easily traversable. Plus, that little tribal world war between Woodbury & the prison 6 months earlier likely alerted any walker in a 20 mile radius. All suggestions indicate that the prison is near Senoia GA, just 20 or 30 miles down Rte 85 from Atlanta, right in a triangle of Macon, Columbus & Atlanta. If you started slugging along in a herd of thousands it could take that long maybe, following sounds like cars, helicopters, gun fire & anything else these people have had going on there in the last 3 seasons. You have to admit, that area around Woodbury & the prison has likely been more active with noise than just about anywhere else in the whole region of that triangle
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 04:11 PM   #210
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Marten wrote: View Post
This confuses me as well. There really should not be enough zombies in rural Georgia to fill upp that fast. They even seem to kill them on a daily basis. Perhaps they should increase their efforts. They do not seem that short on time, either.
Did you see the teaser for next week with like 7500 walkers? They come from urban Georgia. As food in metro areas is depleted, they would begin moving to outer regions, along major roadways, because they're more easily traversable. Plus, that little tribal world war Woodbury & the prison 6 months earlier likely alerted any walker in a 20 mile radius. All suggestions indicate that the prison is near Senoia GA. right in a triangle of Macon, Columbus & Atlanta. If you started slugging along in a herd of thousands it could take that long maybe, following sounds like cars, helicopters, gun fire & anything else these people have had going on there in the last 3 seasons. You have to admit, that area around Woodbury & the prison has likely been more active with noise than just about anywhere else in the whole region of that triangle
I could easily believe that the Zombies could Walk from Atlanta to Senoia with no problem as it's only about 40 miles but I'm not buying the whole sound theory as I don't think they have ultra sensitive hearing and sound only travels so far, if their hearing was so great how is it week after week our heroes sneak past them, if I can hear them moving about on my T.V. then surly these ultra sensitive hearing zombies can hear them.

The other this is that a gun shot or even several gun shots would be hard to pin point, sure you could get a general direction but in big open spaces like the area they are in the sound would echo around, trust me, as I said in an earlier post the area I live in (which is nothing compared to where they are) is very open an very woodsy rolled into one My area is zoned 1 for 10 meaning 1 dwelling per 10 acres and people shoot guns and hunt around here all the time (myself included, shooting not hunting), the sound only travels so far on a good day with wind, temperatures, humility and so on I would think the best you would get would be 3-4 miles, certainly not 40.

Also If sound attracts from them miles around how come the church they found when searching for Sophia wasn't swarming with Walkers?
That church bell was ringing non stop for how long? days, weeks, months?

Or why wasn't Woodbury completely surrounded with their blaring music from their Saturday night Wraslin' matches or all the kids yelling and screaming running around playing?

So other than a plot hole what is causing 100's and 1000's of Zombies to walk right to the prison out in the middle of nowhere?

Again if this is the case our heroes should easily know that and if so, why not send someone back to the church and turn the bell back on, attract them there?

As I said earlier I hope the writers don't start creating situations by having our heroes do stupid things, the stupid people should be weeded out by now, this is the world they live in now they should all know the rules of survival by now.

Last edited by PKerr; October 22 2013 at 04:26 PM.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
season 4, the walking dead, twd

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.