CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 16 2013, 12:22 AM   #76
JD
Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

I enjoyed this one, both the past and present Tinkerbell stuff was good, and I enjoyed the stuff with Neal in the Enchanted Forest. As for the Mulan/Aurora thing, it really doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad to see that I wasn't misinterpreted things with Mulan and Aurora, I thought they were implying she was attracted to Aurora, but I'm not always good at reading that kind of stuff right. They did seem to be trying to hint that she was into Phillip originally, but shows change stuff like that all the time, so that doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad to see them bringing a gay character onto the show.
Old October 19 2013, 07:58 AM   #77
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Marilyn Manson Will Lend His Voice to Once Upon a Time

Marilyn Manson will lend his voice to Once Upon a Time in an upcoming episode, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

The Goth rocker will voice the dastardly Shadow, whom we've seen help Peter Pan (Robbie Kay) steal children from other worlds. He also has a penchant for ripping out other people's shadows.
That should be pretty creepy...
Old October 19 2013, 05:06 PM   #78
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

I've no idea what his non-singing voice sounds like.
Old October 19 2013, 10:12 PM   #79
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

The Mulan thing did throw me for a curveball because, like others, I thought she was in love with Philip.

I liked the episode, Regina being associated with Tinkerbell was great, although I do wonder what purpose Tinkerbell serves for Pan since she doesn't have any magic (maybe she's just the mother figure?).

One bit that nobody has commented on - was that Mjolnir in the cupboard where Neal was searching towards the beginning of the episode?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 05:17 AM   #80
SamhainLikeYou
Vice Admiral

That was another good episode. I didnt realize Rumple and Peter Pan had a long history. They've known each other since Rumple himself was a child. It was also surprising to see Pan as the mysterious Piper of Hamelin. It's interesting to note both father and son (Gold and Neal) have crossed paths with Hook and Pan, although at different times and places.
Old October 21 2013, 05:32 PM   #81
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I kept expecting the Rumple and Peter are brothers bomb to drop last night. But childhood friends isn't a bad one to drop either.
Old October 21 2013, 07:34 PM   #82
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

It feels like the actor who plays Pan is getting better and better with each episode. He was downright sinister last night, definitely gave off the creepy vibes. He has the perfect look as well.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 09:44 PM   #83
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I just wanna pound his face in which is the response I think they want us to have about Pan.
Old October 22 2013, 12:24 AM   #84
SamhainLikeYou
Vice Admiral

I think he's cute (Robbie Kay).
Old October 22 2013, 01:55 AM   #85
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
It feels like the actor who plays Pan is getting better and better with each episode. He was downright sinister last night, definitely gave off the creepy vibes. He has the perfect look as well.
Definitely agreed with this. I didn't think much of him in the first couple episodes, but he's really getting good as a sort of sinister, untamed chaos and absolutely held his own with Rumpel - which is to writing sure, but still an impressive feat.

Really good episode, nice to get some completely unexpected backstory about the relationship between Rumpel, Pan, and Bae. Doing a nice job with Rumpel's attempt to redeem himself.

They'll come up with a way to save Charming of course, but they're playing it nice with the poison. I didn't expect to see any bonding between him and Hook, even a "brothers in arms" sort of thing, but I like it.

Looking forward to next week, I... don't recognize from previews what story might be the inspiration for Hook's backstory. Also, are they setting up an Emma/Hook/Neil love triangle? I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Old October 22 2013, 02:34 AM   #86
Mr Light
Admiral

As a casual viewer, I'm a little confused why Pan hates Rumple so much. Is this something that hasn't been revealed yet?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 04:36 AM   #87
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

We know that they were "childhood friends" from some light exposition, but there hasn't been a flashback episode really biting into the meat of their relationship.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 05:10 AM   #88
JD
Admiral

Great episode. It was nice getting Neal and Rumple back together, and I never even thought of a connection between Peter Pand the Pied Piper of Hamlin, that was pretty ingenious. I'd put that right there with Red being a werewolf, as one of their best twists on the classic story.
Old October 22 2013, 01:39 PM   #89
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Another good episode. Makes sense for Peter to be the Pied Piper, what with them being Pan Pipes. I can't wait until we find out his history and how we came to Neverland.

I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly the story is moving, I thought this would be a season-long affair but already quite a lot has happened.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 04:19 PM   #90
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Another good episode. Makes sense for Peter to be the Pied Piper, what with them being Pan Pipes. I can't wait until we find out his history and how we came to Neverland.

I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly the story is moving, I thought this would be a season-long affair but already quite a lot has happened.
I'm wondering if Peter, the unaging boy/young man is just an illusion, and if he is really a Satyr / Pan, what with the flute?
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote