Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 20 2013, 10:18 PM   #151
the G-man
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Is it possible that the gun was buried in anticipation of the Governor's attack?
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2013, 10:42 PM   #152
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I think Triskelion pretty much nailed it.
Old October 20 2013, 10:49 PM   #153
Dream
Admiral

New episode tonight. I heard it is going to be pretty important!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 03:09 AM   #154
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Good episode! Seeing Rick holster his gun was a fist-pumping, iconic, moment like Indy grabbing his whip or something.
Old October 21 2013, 03:10 AM   #155
propita
Rear Admiral

Omg!

Love Michonne. Still. And Carol. Though I wondered if the girl would off herself or Carol. And I like Carl's evolution.

Am I the only one thinking the little girl was feeding Nick? As for "Ash," well, it's not Judith. Sucks if they didn't wait to see if Ash was infected or not.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 05:53 AM   #156
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Hmm. Hadn't thought it would be one of the kids; I had assumed it was someone from the Governor's group.

I hope they have a better night watch from now on.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 07:30 AM   #157
EmoBorg
Captain

I am all for zombies eating people who snore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRfc3ybbPg
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 08:13 AM   #158
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

antichristhill wrote: View Post
Hmm. Hadn't thought it would be one of the kids; I had assumed it was someone from the Governor's group.
I don't think the kids would be quite tweaked enough to just feed the heads and then leave the bodies though.

Their pig distraction was pretty badly thought out. At least then let the squealer go with some time to spare so it can run away into the woods and draw the walkers off for more than 5 minutes.

No one thinks to check the water supply, or bring it up at all.

No one thinks to have the veterinarian check the dead pig.

Seems like they would have thought to close doors and limit movement through the prison at night before now, especially if they're bringing in new people regularly.

Who is the new doctor/nurse character? Not the one from last episode, the new one. Are they just going to play fast and loose with the cast for a while like on the first few seasons of Lost, never actually showing them all at once so they can bring new actors in and out as needed?

Just kind of 'meh' overall.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 08:57 AM   #159
EmoBorg
Captain

Considering that the illness could be coming from the livestock, the prison folks need to consider going vegan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRfc3ybbPg
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 10:09 AM   #160
Mojochi
Commodore

Now it seems like the gun Rick dug up had been Carl's, & he might have buried it himself months earlier after finding out about the kid Carl killed
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 11:06 AM   #161
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Naw. Rick isn't stupid enough to bury a gun they might need. The implication there was that when he chose to become Farmer Rick, he forced the change on his son as well.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 11:52 AM   #162
Scout101
Admiral

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Now it seems like the gun Rick dug up had been Carl's, & he might have buried it himself months earlier after finding out about the kid Carl killed
Yeah, that and he gave Carl his gun back, it was in the toolbox. That one he dug up had been there longer, maybe part of the initial outbreak...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 12:21 PM   #163
FreezeC77
Commodore

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Mojochi wrote: View Post
Yeah, that and he gave Carl his gun back, it was in the toolbox. That one he dug up had been there longer, maybe part of the initial outbreak...
Yea. I don't believe there was any kind of plan to deliberately bury that gun in the ground. Rick was tilling the ground to plant crops and happened to find it while remoing rocks and other things to make the soil ready to plant.

It was probably just something dropped and then gradually covered up. Possibly a guard or someone in the prison trying to escape got killed there and that's where it ended up, or possibly someone from the assault on the prison although I'm not sure of the exact location of different assaults.

Rick wouldn't potentially ruin a weapon by burying it in the ground...Which is why his gun and Carl's gun where in a toolbox.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 01:01 PM   #164
the G-man
Commodore

Rats. At the beginning of the episode, someone feeds a rat to a walker through the prison’s outer fence.

Who is doing that, and why are they trying to bait more walkers to the prison?

Also, does the site of rats indicate this isn't a 'walker flu' but an old fashioned plague?
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 01:47 PM   #165
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
Rats. At the beginning of the episode, someone feeds a rat to a walker through the prison’s outer fence.
Yea. Either someone in the group has a death wish or potentially that is the governor who has access to the prison?

I didn't get Michoone's reaction to Judith - first almost afraid of the child and then overwhelmed with emotion. Perhaps she lost a child of her own after the outbreak and we can expect a flashback?

Also, Michonne breaking her ankle is a setup for some sort of relationship with another member of the group. IIRC the comics had Rick and Michonne in a full on relationship - perhaps they are going to have her now follow that plotline?

I didn't catch the name of the other Dr and he had a very small part in diagnosing Patrick. Wonder if he'll have a greater role in treating the flu like illness.

Karen's demise caught be by suprirse and it's more heardache for Tyreese.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote